What are the other 399 doing.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
According to Chuntley there are over 400 people working in the new(ish) QVC building.

Considering the call centre and warehouse are elsewhere, and very possibly the finance department it makes you wonder what they are all doing.

Now a days the floor/camera people are to a bare minimum, there are about 12 presenters, and we know that NOBODY does any preparation for the shows as there is a total cock up re sizes, colours etc.

The website is done by 10 year old boys in their bedrooms.

So just what the heck are the rest of them doing?

Answers on a postcard.

Well, judging by how I've seen them pack the food away and eat like there's no tomorrow, I'm going with at least a good 350 people are canteen staff, to keep the food coming. :mysmilie_17:

Good question, I even wonder about the number of staff they have in the call centre now. I notice that whenever you call them now you end up on hold for a while before you get to speak to an operator. It never used to be like that. The only time I can ever recall not getting through almost immediately was when trying to get the Molton Brown Christmas TSV.

Maybe they`re all learning how to speak Polish ? Just in case !

They're coming up with stupid names for the colours. "How about "baby's breath blue"...oh yes, or maybe Unicorn Yellow". Or how about "we're calling this Lake Como Blue, but it's actually more of a Prussian Red".

According to Chuntley there are over 400 people working in the new(ish) QVC building.

Considering the call centre and warehouse are elsewhere, and very possibly the finance department it makes you wonder what they are all doing.

Now a days the floor/camera people are to a bare minimum, there are about 12 presenters, and we know that NOBODY does any preparation for the shows as there is a total cock up re sizes, colours etc.

The website is done by 10 year old boys in their bedrooms.

So just what the heck are the rest of them doing?

Answers on a postcard.

Ah, but is it only QVC in the building??

If not, I think the warehouse and call centre are up at Knowsley, but I think some of the other departments are based at Chiswick, including social media (!). Their biggest department may well be the purchasing department where they have separate buying teams for different departments. Their press and PR team may well also be quite a big team... then there will be their events team as I'm pretty sure there are events going on all the time other than the biggie: Beauty Bash.

There are people other than the camera / studio bods... a number of the shows have to be prepared - whether that is just the sets in the studio, or it's the people who are cooking and preparing demos for the food shows... I'm like you, though - I'm struggling to see how they can possibly have 400 involved in what QVC do.

Ah, but is it only QVC in the building??

If not, I think the warehouse and call centre are up at Knowsley, but I think some of the other departments are based at Chiswick, including social media (!). Their biggest department may well be the purchasing department where they have separate buying teams for different departments. Their press and PR team may well also be quite a big team... then there will be their events team as I'm pretty sure there are events going on all the time other than the biggie: Beauty Bash.

There are people other than the camera / studio bods... a number of the shows have to be prepared - whether that is just the sets in the studio, or it's the people who are cooking and preparing demos for the food shows... I'm like you, though - I'm struggling to see how they can possibly have 400 involved in what QVC do.

Maybe I should have rephrased it by saying "what EFFECTIVE work are the other 399 doing". I think we can totally discount anyone preparing the shows.

My money is on the twatting team - must take a couple of dozen for Miss Julia alone.

I have noticed that recently they are stating that they are 'queues' on the phone even during the day (when you would have thought they would have the most amount of staff), even today which as everyone knows is a peak shopping day for Q, they are 'queues' and they are encouraging everyone to 'tap the app' or use q-cut. I know that more and more people are using the internet and tablets to make orders, but there is still a core customer that want's to speak to a 'real live person', at least (yet) they have not gone the way of IW and made the phone number a premium rate call. It is a shame though that despite the fact that they keep ranting on about an 'award winning call centre' (which they probably won about 10 years ago when they had a lot more staff (surely there must be a time limit dictating how long you can 'hark back' to an award won!), now you are lucky if you don't have to wait more than 4 minutes. Which when all you are wanting to do is place a quick order is a real pain.

if they have 350 staff in london they need a cull. hopefully the will cull the prices they charge in postage but i doubt it

How times have changed since they were the No.1 UK Retailer of jewellery ! or Second only to John Lewis in the retail sector. Now how long ago was that ?????

I have noticed that recently they are stating that they are 'queues' on the phone even during the day (when you would have thought they would have the most amount of staff), even today which as everyone knows is a peak shopping day for Q, they are 'queues' and they are encouraging everyone to 'tap the app' or use q-cut. I know that more and more people are using the internet and tablets to make orders, but there is still a core customer that want's to speak to a 'real live person', at least (yet) they have not gone the way of IW and made the phone number a premium rate call. It is a shame though that despite the fact that they keep ranting on about an 'award winning call centre' (which they probably won about 10 years ago when they had a lot more staff (surely there must be a time limit dictating how long you can 'hark back' to an award won!), now you are lucky if you don't have to wait more than 4 minutes. Which when all you are wanting to do is place a quick order is a real pain.

Thinking about it, perhaps they're doing this deliberately to push people into using ordering systems that aren't costing them money to operate. How much would it cost to make and upload a free app as opposed to staffing a call centre? Every penny saved is another penny profit for them, and that's all they think about.

Latest posts

Back