Missed a trick............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Having seen the price of Orla Keily's products with their 'oh so simple 70's design patterns', don't we all wish we could have turned our 'doodles' in those days into money earners ? I hated those colour schemes back then, when it was green swirly carpets, brown velour furniture with orange cushions and those big flowery wallpapers, and I still don't like it. That's just me, but I know its well liked or Ms Keily wouldn't be so popular. A bit like today on Homes Under the Hammer where the makeovers have one wall with huge wine coloured blooms (ugh), or two walls in black & silver w/paper complete with Dunelm accessories !

Money can be made from vintage toys complete with boxes, now I wonder what will be tomorrows must haves will be, that's around at the moment, hmmmmmm, (and NO its not Q fashion)

I don't like it either. They are nicer Spsnish designers which produce fabrics of the same ilk but nicer

One trick pony. She has been churning out that design for 40 years. Oilcloth bags not well made, the number I have seen with stitching unravelling and that was whilst still in the shop. Seems to be popular with yummy mummy types.

And I did do those colours in the 70's so it's not as if I didn't like the colours.

Once a "designer" starts churning out 50p jotters for pounds and other tat with their design on it I'm out!

Q are going to start doing her clothes soon, but don't even think about it if you are over a size 10.

Actually I was in a shop on Friday and saw lovely bags, similar designs in nicer colours and a fraction if the price. I meant to go back and see who made them (not a well known brand but probably on Amazon) but I was sidetracked and it was in a town some distance from home.

There only seems to be one main design which is those big leave shapes and most cost over £100. Not for me I'm afraid.

Latest posts

Back