Molton Brown 5 Piece Hand Wash Collection OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lol, the small bottles are really cute, but I agree... Not really a saving.
I am over Molton brown hand wash... They are divine but I cannot justify the price, so many good cheaper alternatives, I use a waitrose hand wash now, fraction of the price :)

nothing beats the smell of these though and the 100ml bodywash is around £10 so these handwashes with the pumps have to be at least that price. the 300ml lasts several months

I agree that the full size bottles last several months! Opened a bottle in November - still got a lot left in March! Think of how many cheap handwashes you might use in that time. I'd say carex etc only lasts a month at most! How much would you pay for a hand wash they lasts 6+ months? I suppose it depends on how many people use it etc. Don't let young ones go mad with the pump! You only need a tiny bit.

The rrp does not even factor into it. A QVC OTO should be at a special price; a saving of £2.58 is a derogatory one and, fundamentally, extracting the urine.

I agree that the full size bottles last several months! Opened a bottle in November - still got a lot left in March! Think of how many cheap handwashes you might use in that time. I'd say carex etc only lasts a month at most! How much would you pay for a hand wash they lasts 6+ months? I suppose it depends on how many people use it etc. Don't let young ones go mad with the pump! You only need a tiny bit.

the l'occitane ones last a good year so when you get them in a kit even better value. one tiny pump of l'occy or molton brown is all you need

The rrp does not even factor into it. A QVC OTO should be at a special price; a saving of £2.58 is a derogatory one and, fundamentally, extracting the urine.

i think the origional price is good tbh but a couple of pounds off is a bit tight

I agree that the full size bottles last several months! Opened a bottle in November - still got a lot left in March! Think of how many cheap handwashes you might use in that time. I'd say carex etc only lasts a month at most! How much would you pay for a hand wash that lasts 6+ months? I suppose it depends on how many people use it etc. Don't let young ones go mad with the pump! You only need a tiny bit. Just one small pump.

It works out just over £5 for one 100ml bottle which is pretty good I think. I reckon one bottle could last me 2 months. I reckon my 300ml will last me into April. Only 2 of us using it daily + occasional guests. One normal = 3 of these small ones. I might pay £3 for a hand wash in Tesco that would last less. They have a set of 4 on the mb website for £30. This qvc set is the same fragrances + pom & ginger and is cheaper! I also like that you can smell it on your hands after washing. Even my bf noticed and he really is something! haha :)

Last edited:
I'm over MB too. £30.00 inc P&P for 5 small bottles of hand wash seems a lot to me now. Maybe a few years ago I would have been slightly tempted. The savings these days on OTO's are taking the proverbial.

I'm over MB too. £30.00 inc P&P for 5 small bottles of hand wash seems a lot to me now. Maybe a few years ago I would have been slightly tempted. The savings these days on OTO's are taking the proverbial.

in my view, in the 'all fur coat, no knickers' category
packaging, marketing and smell as pretty sleek and desirable
but product not what i call quality : full of sls i.e. cheap nasty sulfates and parabens
hence, all fur coat, no knickers
:wink:
and no offence intended if you like that sort of thing

i get my hand wash stuff mostly from TK Maxx
i spend between 59p and 69p for Marseille Liquid Soap for 100ml
Pamplemousse and organic olive oil is one i have on the go
Orange and argan oil another
they come in 1 l bottles, no parabens or sulfates
gently foam via coconut derived saponins
no palm oils etc
between £5.99 and £6.99 - they are from traditional suppliers of Marseille soap like Beauty en Provence or Savon de Marseille

also like Dr Bronner, even though not as scented
was chuffed with my 1l 18 in one Hemp Green Tea Pure Castille Soap for £6.99
use this for many things incl washing my cosmetic brushes and sponges, my lingerie, silks, woolens etc
as well as using as handwash

also nice is Dr Organic Body Wash, esp like the Aloe Vera one, as i adore that smell
usually pay about £2.50 per 250ml bottle, when on offer at H&B
use for handwash or bath foam or body wash
same deal as above, no nasties, plus organic ingredients

p.s. if you are not sure about the difference
try a non SLS/sulfates body wash and boath foam
and feel the difference in your skin
not parched
same with shampoo, non sls shampoo,
hair not stripped

it was a revelation for me when i consciously tried these
and there is no going back for me now

ojon and liz earle dont use sls but i really dont like the lack of cleansing. my hair feels limp and a bit dirty. sls is actually made with coco nuts its just readily available so no qudos

Why oh why do hand washes and hand cream have to be so perfumed. I can't have anything perfumed on my hands incase I touch my face (amazing how often we do) as I would flare up and take weeks to calm it down again. Yet I'd like to have soft hands too!

Latest posts

Back