Kim & Co Canadian website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amelia

Registered Shopper
I have been waiting for ages for an item to come back in stock on QVC so decided to look at the Canadian Kim & Co website. The trousers were available at reasonable price including P&P, in a colour not available here. On QVC they would have been £41.95. On Kim's home country website the order was 72 Canadian dollars = £38.07.
Most laughable was the fact that P&P was £6.34 from Canada!! Only £2.39 more.
Take a look!

Not a penny as they were labelled "a gift". Very thoughtful of Kim & Co Canada. Thank you :) I was aware of that though.

But even gifts are subject to customs duty. Many have been caught out by that one. If the price is over £35 or might £32 it can still be charged. You would have to get them to mark down the price and business will not do that as a rule.

There was a thread on the Moneysaving site about this, a man received family gifts from Australia and was outraged to get a card telling him to come pay the duty on them.

It's a minefield from what I can see having read quite a bit about it lately. This package arrived in a UPS bag inside a DHL Express Worldwide bag with invoice showing, clearly marked as a gift but no value showing.

Recently purchased a glass bead via Ebay for my bracelet and got stung by Royal Mail for import tax, VAT AND a handling charge and total amount was two thirds of the value of the bead. Made it a very expensive purchase!

Maybe I wouldn't recommend doing this but might be worth a shot if your heart is set on something in particular that you cannot get on QVCUK but be prepared to pay duty. Perhaps I just got lucky this time.

Latest posts

Back