Joan collins

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I see JC's cosmetics are to be sold in M & S from the end of March. This was reported in a weekend mag article, it reported that other places to buy were her website and Urban Retreat in Harrods - no mention at all of QVC. I see there are a few new items on the Q site, but wonder if this will be the end of the road with Q if she is flogging in Marks & Spencer !!!

The latest of QVC's 'exclusive' brands to be available on the dreaded high street, although in reality many of them were available from a small handful of independent shops in posh areas !

I'm waiting for Yong Kim to appear in Sainsburys and Michele Hope's tat in Primark.

I think brands may have realised that all this "exclusive to QVC" isn't exactly a good thing, as more people don't shop with QVC than do and are more likely to pick something up on the dreaded high street than switch QVC on.

I think QVC beauty are so desperate to be seen as cutting edge with brands. People are online now and see brands from all over the world and want them. QVC love to think they can go to these brands and they will be jumping to come to QVC, in fact most will just see this as a stepping stone to get into the UK market. I think good for Joan going to M&S, who have really stepped up in the beauty ranges they sell.

The in brand makeup wise is Tarte(and IT which is coming to QVCUK) are really wanted as they are not available in the UK. Like Smashbox in years past people went mad then time passed and now Laura Geller is widely available in the UK. QVC love the idea as AY says of selling exclusive high end brands. Bobbi Brown on QVC UK is a joke, the odd kit at a special price the rest exactly the same price as buying online. I have sometimes checked prices for brands on QVC and including P&P you save a whole 5p compared to buying at a counter or online. Oh and if you bought the latter you usually get samples given too.

Otherwise QVC stick with the brands like Gale Hayman, who the hell knows why the still sell it. Widely available in market stall up and down the UK. Some brands sold on QVC US parent company I will say UK told to take the brands.

Remember Harald???? He has launched his own make up range, gorgeous packaging. The products from photos I have seen really good, glamorous and grown up.

Oh and by the way talking of M&S do check out the Rosie For Autograph make up gorgeous, great price, pigment and texture top end. All for a really great price. The eyeshadow pencils are £12.50 and look as good as Mally.

Oh and by the way talking of M&S do check out the Rosie For Autograph make up gorgeous, great price, pigment and texture top end. All for a really great price. The eyeshadow pencils are £12.50 and look as good as Mally.

I took a look at the Rosie make up range in M&S this morning, the packaging is beautiful - but I do wonder if that is what you're paying for. When you compare it to the cheaper M&S own brand Autograph it looks and feels the same quality.

The latest of QVC's 'exclusive' brands to be available on the dreaded high street, although in reality many of them were available from a small handful of independent shops in posh areas !

I'm waiting for Yong Kim to appear in Sainsburys and Michele Hope's tat in Primark.

Now that's an insult to Primark! :mysmilie_503:

(One of my girls buys all the grandkids' basic wardrobe from there, about 1000 times better quality than most of QVC's tatty, overpriced offerings!) :mysmilie_14:

I see JC's cosmetics are to be sold in M & S from the end of March. This was reported in a weekend mag article, it reported that other places to buy were her website and Urban Retreat in Harrods - no mention at all of QVC. I see there are a few new items on the Q site, but wonder if this will be the end of the road with Q if she is flogging in Marks & Spencer !!!

I am so glad her cosmetics are in M&S , now I can try them there and then instead of sending for them from QVC and then forget to sent them back if they don't suit me.

Now that's an insult to Primark! :mysmilie_503:

(One of my girls buys all the grandkids' basic wardrobe from there, about 1000 times better quality than most of QVC's tatty, overpriced offerings!) :mysmilie_14:

Got a lovely crombie style coat front Primark last autumn for £25.00 great fit but do find a lot of their tops are not a good fit.

Does anyone know if Joan mentioned when she'd be back last time she was on? The stock on QVC is very low!

At her age you'd think she would prefer to put her feet up. Ofcourse I'd never say that to her face! LOL

Many actors don't retire unless they are forced into it by illness or disability... even then some still continue.

Eric Sykes continued acting until 2 years before his death and was both deaf (for much of his career) and nearly blind.

I was joking about Joan Collins putting her feet up. She has made it perfectly clear that she doesn't limit her life by her age. She put Jackie Kabler in her place straight away when she asked he if she 'still'enjoyed acting. It was quite funny and very Joan Collins although it is clear that she trys hard to be sweetness and light while selling and not to live up to her reputation.

Anyone seen any Joan Collins products in store yet? No items online the few that were previously online have been removed. Perhaps the launch has been delayed.

Latest posts

Back