Replacement remote help?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
Need a remote for an older (90s) Marantz amp I recently picked up. Many of the 'learning' ones are of no use as I don't have the original remote.
Using it with a TV so a remote would be actually useful to save me having to hobble over to it if I want to turn it down!
(Not looking for anything fancy or 'clever', just the absolute basics of sound up/down & mute, though it will almost certainly come with a host of other features I neither want or need! lol)
Any suggestions gratefully received!

:mysmilie_506:

There are lots of genuine and lookalike remotes for sale on the web, just google your model number.

We got one recently for a Sagem recorder.

Need a remote for an older (90s) Marantz amp I recently picked up. Many of the 'learning' ones are of no use as I don't have the original remote.
Using it with a TV so a remote would be actually useful to save me having to hobble over to it if I want to turn it down!
(Not looking for anything fancy or 'clever', just the absolute basics of sound up/down & mute, though it will almost certainly come with a host of other features I neither want or need! lol)
Any suggestions gratefully received!

Have you tried putting in your Model and make into google search, and include "handset replacement"? I did this with a very old pair of my favourite earphones that needed replacement earpads. I found them in China for just a minimal cost, and my earphones are still able to be used. I am sure looking on ebay, you may find your model being sold for spares with may be the handset that may work. Give it a try, good luck!

I'll try again with different wording, I'm usually good at finding things but so far have only found a Marantz one (costs more than the amp did! lol), learning ones requiring the original remote or those where model wasn't listed but I guess if one was cheap enough it would be worth taking a chance on!

:grin:

As we have 2 Sagem recorders, we bought 2 remotes at different times.

One was a genuine Sagem, the other was unbranded but looked identical and worked perfectly.

I think both of them cost less than £10 each.

Latest posts

Back