Sally Jack's Voice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

martin3645

Registered Shopper
Listening to Sally Jack's voice is unbearable and I just can't watch her. I've never heard such an awful noise coming from any shopping channel presenter before (and probably after) and it makes me wonder on how she managed to get a job in the first place. Surely she must be related to the producer or someone? Anyone else agree?

Listening to Sally Jack's voice is unbearable and I just can't watch her. I've never heard such an awful noise coming from any shopping channel presenter before (and probably after) and it makes me wonder on how she managed to get a job in the first place. Surely she must be related to the producer or someone? Anyone else agree?

I went to see Bucks Fizz in the 90s and I believe she was in the group then so I can't complain about her voice, but I can understand what you mean. It doesn't bother me. Ju7st as a general point, I don't think she is deliberately conning people I just think she is a bit clueless with much of the products, but maybe Ideal World is helping her and other colleagues improve their standing in Shopping TV. Some of them are too far gone such as Mike Mason and Peter Simon, but Paul Becque seems to have improved greatly from what little I've seen of him on bid up tv or whatever it was called. The inevitability of talking hot air about something for so long means you are going to be suffering verbal diarrhea

She is dreadful, IMO, and often seems clueless about what she is presenting. I saw her on a recliner chairs hour a few days ago, and at one point she went completely quiet (phew! The relief!) sitting in one of the chairs and just looking at the camera. I honestly believe she had 'dried up' completely, as she had nothing to say (apart from "buy one in brown, buy one in cream, over 40% gone" spiel, as per usual). She reminds me of Vicky from Rocks & Co. who screams like a banshee (and also claims to have 'previous' as a singer). What I cannot work out with these people who claim to be professional singers is that they have never been trained to use their voices correctly: we have a niece who is a professional singer, and this was part of the study and training she did, to try to avoid damage to the vocal chords, for one thing.

She has got an unfortunate voice, I rush for the off button if I happen to switch her on. I feel sorry for her poor child, hope her/his hearing don't suffer in later years.....

This is how I hear her voice - Right - imagine in your head you are,- (1), saying me me me me, very quickly, over and over.
(2) Now imagine that going up to the same pitch if a Mozzy is flying near you.
(3) Take that pitch up another 2 octaves.

Hello My name is Sal memememememememe.
That's all I can hear before the high pitch voice goes out of my hearing range - great isn't it! :mysmilie_59:

(Posted on another thread earlier, and copied here!)​

Is the casting couch still around?:mysmilie_12:

Again, call me weird, but I like her, at least she is car-crashy, very likely to say something completely off piste and drop the whole channel in court any minute, spouting massive tosh with every breath, it's magical.
Now Joanne, I can't even bear one second of her droning nasally voice, nothing interesting, nothing remotely outlandish, nothing even slightly dodgy, just the same rubbish about the same product I've seen 1,000 times now, but boring.

Mike Mason was so entertaining on the Bissell hour this lunchtime I actually watched the whole hour, I've not watched more than 10 minutes of Bissell for over 4 years cos I can't stand Bev The Chav, but today, with Mike entertaining......... just saying :)

Again, call me weird, but I like her, at least she is car-crashy, very likely to say something completely off piste and drop the whole channel in court any minute, spouting massive tosh with every breath, it's magical.
Now Joanne, I can't even bear one second of her droning nasally voice, nothing interesting, nothing remotely outlandish, nothing even slightly dodgy, just the same rubbish about the same product I've seen 1,000 times now, but boring.

Mike Mason was so entertaining on the Bissell hour this lunchtime I actually watched the whole hour, I've not watched more than 10 minutes of Bissell for over 4 years cos I can't stand Bev The Chav, but today, with Mike entertaining......... just saying :)

Are you Andy Hodgson or James Russell?

That's TWO ex-Bid tv presenters you enjoy watching! You're either ex-Bid yourself, or certifiable

Ok..........weird.

I watched the show (I'm studying and have it on in the background) with Mike and Bev. He is such a bargain bucket Jim Davidson, he referred to his mother-in-law as a fat hippo (I believe Bev replied 'it was nice working with you' as in your career is now over) and he continued this routine, 'she was out on her broomstick'

Now I know Les Dawson used to tell these gags but Mike Mason has all the delivery of a retarded seal clapping for fish (he actually did an impression of this at one stage). The 'jokes' come across as insults because he is not an entertainer but a 'middle-aged man' as he admitted.

I watched the show (I'm studying and have it on in the background) with Mike and Bev. He is such a bargain bucket Jim Davidson, he referred to his mother-in-law as a fat hippo (I believe Bev replied 'it was nice working with you' as in your career is now over) and he continued this routine, 'she was out on her broomstick'

Now I know Les Dawson used to tell these gags but Mike Mason has all the delivery of a retarded seal clapping for fish (he actually did an impression of this at one stage). The 'jokes' come across as insults because he is not an entertainer but a 'middle-aged man' as he admitted.

Les Dawson was an extremely intelligent, talented and cultured man trapped in the body of a stereotypical thug from a vintage British crime movie. He played up to this in his career, otherwise he wouldn't have had much of one. But he was extremely frustrated that the public would not accept him as capable of more (much like Kenneth Williams).

Mockney Barra-Boi Geezer is just a talentless, woman-hating thug.

Well, I found him entertaining, and yes, I also enjoy watching Peter Simon too, and I'm female btw.

I don't take the jokes as insults, I take them as jokes.

Perhaps, 'weird' would be watching hours and hours of the same item, WITHOUT finding the presenter entertaining, is that perhaps not true? In all good faith of course, and no insults meant. My partner spent the day at my house and when the 2nd hour of the POTD (whatever it was that day) came on, he said in all innocent honesty "they said all this earlier, why are we watching it again?"

So, yesh, call me weird, but I watch the shoppy channels because I have to have TV with no mainstream adverts, but I only watch presentations with the 'off piste' and 'liability' presenters, or ones I find amusing. Perhaps you are all weird for watching 10 hours of the spray and leave (for example) 10 hours of a product demo where the product simply requires you to ......... think on fellow forumites :)

Les Dawson was an extremely intelligent, talented and cultured man trapped in the body of a stereotypical thug from a vintage British crime movie. He played up to this in his career, otherwise he wouldn't have had much of one. But he was extremely frustrated that the public would not accept him as capable of more (much like Kenneth Williams).

Mockney Barra-Boi Geezer is just a talentless, woman-hating thug.

Is that really true? Do you know him personally? I think you're perhaps stepping over the line here of banter about presenters to call him "a woman-hating thug". If you don't like him, as everyone always says, turn over, but I, as a woman, find his jokes and humour just an act, a funny persona he is attempting to get sales with, I dont find him offensive, and I'm certainly not going to brand him a woman hater! For goodness sakes!

It would be nice if they could get a voice actor to speak in favour of Sally's voice.

She could just mime, just like she did when she sang 'live' :mysmilie_59:

It would be nice if they could get a voice actor to speak in favour of Sally's voice.

She could just mime, just like she did when she sang 'live' :mysmilie_59:

I think the problem with Sally, probably due to her singing training she is probably trying to 'project' her voice as if she is singing which is unnecessary if you are in a television studio. In addition, though, she should know how to tone down the volume when using microphones.

Is that really true? Do you know him personally? I think you're perhaps stepping over the line here of banter about presenters to call him "a woman-hating thug". If you don't like him, as everyone always says, turn over, but I, as a woman, find his jokes and humour just an act, a funny persona he is attempting to get sales with, I dont find him offensive, and I'm certainly not going to brand him a woman hater! For goodness sakes!

I tend to base my opinions of people on their actions. And after seeing Mike Mason in action on both the Bid and Ideal World shopping channels, it's my opinion (yes mine, regardless of whether I know him personally or not. I've never met Adolf Hitler or Pol Pot, but I bet you wouldn't call me out on making any negative posts about them because of that, will you? But then, what do I know? You're a woman in 2016 who apparently finds Mike Mason entertaining.) that he really doesn't think highly of women. Yes, he talks up his partner, but then she gifted him with a son - as he mentions every chance he gets. Every other woman Mike appears on screen with tends to get sneered at.

And yes, he is a thug. He has had multiple ASA rulings against him from his time getting vulnerable people to buy tat while at Bid tv. Why are you so bothered about what I think or say about this man you admire so much? Do YOU know him personally?

Latest posts

Back