Nicole empire line dress

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Suz19

Registered Shopper
Yea Gods - how many of these dresses did they buy in? They seem to be trying to flog them every time I dip in. They've got ''even more new colours to choose from'' now. Don't forget the the 'pockets', which are really where you can put your hands between the main dress and the bit of material looping up and over. They look to have a never ending supply, there must be a giants size warehouse somewhere stacked to the gunnels with them!:)

Has anyone noticed that, rather than hiding flab, it accentuates it behind the drape. So you end up looking like an overstuffed sausage with cheap fabric round it. And the dress is WAY too short, even on the more petite presenters.

Perfect for a wedding, or that special night out!

They've bought a lot of these dresses because they do sell a lot, pretty much like Elimis TSV over on QVC, flog it well after the TSV is over, but got to say I've got this dress and it is flattering and does hide the tummy and believe me I'm not a dress girl but I've just bought another one, noooooooo!! :mysmilie_13:

They've bought a lot of these dresses because they do sell a lot, pretty much like Elimis TSV over on QVC, flog it well after the TSV is over, but got to say I've got this dress and it is flattering and does hide the tummy and believe me I'm not a dress girl but I've just bought another one, noooooooo!! :mysmilie_13:

shopperholic: you ARE Genevieve O'Mydarlingclementine and I claim my free P&P and maximum 4 flexi-pays! :mysmilie_13:

They certainly seem to be selling a lot of them.Even Moira C was wearing one yesterday .The reviews are pretty good.

Haven't there been accusations elsewhere that Ideal have been removing unfavourable reviews from their website?

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

I'm not just saying this, but every negative review I've ever written has stayed. I've seen a few abusive ones for example one was removed when they said a Skinn beauty product smells of bleach (it doesn't because I've got it) they removed that and quite rightly so as whoever wrote it only did it to put people off from buying. I don't know how anyone can say negative reviews have been removed, all I can suggest is go and read the reviews, you'll see they're not all positive about the products, if a product has a lot of five star reviews it's because the product deserves it, that's it really.

I have yet to see something I would wear, but then the same apply to the qvc fashion, it wouldn't do if we all liked the same things.....

Ive bought a few things in clearance with £1 p&p. I bought a pack of two short sleeved tops and they're gorgeous, only £13 for two and they're viscose, they're sold out now. I also bought some of the Daisy Eldridge range last week when they were half price and Nicole, this range suits and flatters me but yes you're right, everyone's taste is different, even when I use to shop with QVC a few years back, you'd never catch me in a million years paying over one hundred quid for a top, but yes we all like different things,

Out of all the so called fashion on both channels this dress is the thing that caught my eye. If it was shorter I'd buy it. Not to wear has a dress, god forbid, but with jeans. The last time I wore an actual dress was for my friends mums funeral 23 yr ago. I'm only 5ft tall so shorter than Sally and it looked quite long on her.

Well if the Oirish one is to be believed, the end is in sight for the Nicole Drape dress, as its not being stocked anymore. The website went into meltdown for the new colours, and yes I succumbed as I love the paler shades of this dress. Contrary to some but in agreement with most, this drape dress is extremely comfortable to wear, and looks good. Great to find a dress that will get me through all occasions. If it is being 'retired' then I'm glad I've got my 'stash'.

Am I going nuts - don't answer that! Have they 'retired' the Nicole dress? I swear it was appearing again a couple of days ago - masquerading under another Brand, it looked exactly the same, just different colours. Is this some darstardly IW plot to have us all clothed the same so we can be seen as IW shoppers!

Yes I saw it yesterday under the name Amanour or some such name . The same dress in different colours . The presenter said it was the same dress. They are so blatant.

Its obvious they are not going to "retire "their best selling dress until people stop buying it.Mind you they have sold so many in different colours maybe they are running out of people to sell it to.

Yes I saw it yesterday under the name Amanour or some such name . The same dress in different colours . The presenter said it was the same dress. They are so blatant.

Its obvious they are not going to "retire "their best selling dress until people stop buying it.Mind you they have sold so many in different colours maybe they are running out of people to sell it to.

QVC and Thane Direct don't seem to be running out of people to flog an H2O to... and it seems to be impervious to dire reviews. IW would be better to not encourage their presenters to say things that could bite them in the bum, unless it is the case that the Nicole brand and therefore version of this dress is no more, but is resurrected as this new brand.. which could have bought up the Nicole designs... is that a plausible, possible explanation of the Lazarus-like return of this dress?

Ideal ALWAYS says this. If I had 1p for every time that someone announced that Woodland Leather parka was on its last airing and would not be restocked, only for it to miraculously reappear on a Friday Fashion show a month or so later, I'd have enough cash to get an overpriced coffee and a panini on "the dreaded high street"

IW were right if they said the "Nicole" dress is retiring because I'm sure if another brand is taking it over they will want their own name on it, after all Nicole was the name of the brand not the style of the dress.

True but I suppose the name Nicole has got mixed up with the style.So they will have to drop the name .They did highlight another brand but didnt refer to the dress as the Amanour empire line dress. Maybe that will come in time.

Ideal ALWAYS says this. If I had 1p for every time that someone announced that Woodland Leather parka was on its last airing and would not be restocked, only for it to miraculously reappear on a Friday Fashion show a month or so later, I'd have enough cash to get an overpriced coffee and a panini on "the dreaded high street"

Yes I remember hearing that too !! They get away with murder with things they say !!

Latest posts

Back