New CID Cosmetics

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

shopperholic

Registered Shopper
For anyone who's missed the CID brand on QVC, they're going to start selling with Ideal World, first show Tuesday 24th May at 5pm. I'm thrilled because New CID was one of my favourite brands years ago when I was a QVC shopper, but at least being on Ideal World they're going to be great prices and lots of flexi-pays. :mysmilie_14:

Meant to say at least now I know I'll get my CID order in days and not have to wait a week QVC style.

Never liked the brand to be honest. They did have a counter in my local House of Fraser which no one seem to buy from, it closed pretty quickly. In real life their blushes etc look like Laura Geller baked stuff.

IW might be a better fit for them, Peter Simon can slap on the lipgloss etc.:mysmilie_15:

Never liked the brand to be honest. They did have a counter in my local House of Fraser which no one seem to buy from, it closed pretty quickly. In real life their blushes etc look like Laura Geller baked stuff.

IW might be a better fit for them, Peter Simon can slap on the lipgloss etc.:mysmilie_15:

Well if Craig and Diddy Me Hall over there in QVC land can wear foundation and a touch of lip gloss (Craig don't know about Diddy) whatever floats yeh boat hey. :mysmilie_17:

New CID Cosmetics

Yet more misfits for IW. Now if only we could get CR and RJ to jump ship ,things would be looking up...:mysmilie_59:

New CID Cosmetics

Yet more misfits for IW. Now if only we could get CR and RJ to jump ship ,things would be looking up...:mysmilie_59:

Misfits? I think the brand is great, it gets good reviews and as someone that's used it, I like their make-up, but we all like different things, oh and as for CR and RJ, er no thanks they can stay were they are :mysmilie_13:

Another brand not selling well enough to stay with QVC, so Ideal get them. IW always scoop up the dregs, don't like this brand at all :( Hope we don't get the same screechy awful presentation team as was on QVC.
Hopefully though, IW can re-vivify them (aka Michael De Cheese) and QVC can steal them back again :)

Another brand not selling well enough to stay with QVC, so Ideal get them. IW always scoop up the dregs, don't like this brand at all :( Hope we don't get the same screechy awful presentation team as was on QVC.
Hopefully though, IW can re-vivify them (aka Michael De Cheese) and QVC can steal them back again :)

So does that mean that QVC are picking up IW dregs too, Elizabeth Grant (France) Karcher, the shape wear, M Asam to name a few?

That's exactly my point, QVC get the brands that Ideal are sucessful with. M Asam, started with Ideal, as soon as they get popular QVC (in my opinion) jump in and offer them a much larger audience and off they go to QVC. Same with Karcher and Derrick belcher, Ideal get a nice audience and they sell a fair few, in wade QVC and make them an offer and bingo, off to QVC. Taya Haircare the same, and Vercella Vita, once they get some good sales and are popular then QVC jump in and off they pop to WVC for the obviously bigger audience and sales prospects.

The other way round now...... QVC HAD moira C, didn't do well enough so Ideal get her. Of course De Cheese sold badly enough for QVC to drop him, Ideal World make him popular again and heyho, off he toddles to QVC again. I'm certain more brands who failed on QVC then get 'snatched up' by Ideal, but to be honest, all the decent brands on QVC, in my opinion of course.

That's exactly my point, QVC get the brands that Ideal are sucessful with. M Asam, started with Ideal, as soon as they get popular QVC (in my opinion) jump in and offer them a much larger audience and off they go to QVC. Same with Karcher and Derrick belcher, Ideal get a nice audience and they sell a fair few, in wade QVC and make them an offer and bingo, off to QVC. Taya Haircare the same, and Vercella Vita, once they get some good sales and are popular then QVC jump in and off they pop to WVC for the obviously bigger audience and sales prospects.

The other way round now...... QVC HAD moira C, didn't do well enough so Ideal get her. Of course De Cheese sold badly enough for QVC to drop him, Ideal World make him popular again and heyho, off he toddles to QVC again. I'm certain more brands who failed on QVC then get 'snatched up' by Ideal, but to be honest, all the decent brands on QVC, in my opinion of course.

Well we'll have to disagree, the reason some brands probably jump ship is because QVC promise them that they'll sell their products for more money, so of course that sounds good to them because IW sell things cheaper, I mean look at M Asam, since they jumped shipped they've only ever been on QVC a handful of times, so they're not really getting an audience are they. As for New CID they left QVC about three years ago so IW have hardly "snatched" them up. You've also got loyal brands like Elizabeth Grant who QVC France sell (dearer of course) but they've said on air they'll never leave IW so must be getting a good audience there then, Tefal, the biggest kitchen brand won't allow anyone else to sell their products other than IW and only IW are allowed their UK exclusive launches, so they obviously must be doing something right, but like I say we'll have to agree to disagree.

If I may be so bold to say Momma, they were on IW in the beginning but not with makeup, it was the New Identity photo shoots thingy. If I am correct, they left IW after several months (a couple of years maybe) selling the make-over and shoot and 1 photo for like £25, and then appeared a few months later as New CID cosmetics on QVC. I did, at the time, think "why change to cosmetics?"

Anyhoo, apologies if this is wrong Momma, but perhaps you will now go "Ohhhh yeah" and clear some mystery up for you :)

If I may be so bold to say Momma, they were on IW in the beginning but not with makeup, it was the New Identity photo shoots thingy. If I am correct, they left IW after several months (a couple of years maybe) selling the make-over and shoot and 1 photo for like £25, and then appeared a few months later as New CID cosmetics on QVC. I did, at the time, think "why change to cosmetics?"

Anyhoo, apologies if this is wrong Momma, but perhaps you will now go "Ohhhh yeah" and clear some mystery up for you :)

Ohhhh yeah :mysmilie_59: thanks for that grippeh.......I had forgotten about the photo shoots wotsit but I vividly remember her with make up on there, although it was very briefly and then they were on Q. It was something of a new concept at the time, maybe 'baked' or 'whipped'.......or even spiralized :grin:......it was something different anyhoo cos that's why I took any notice.

Hey, unless it was all a dream :wink:

Ohhhh yeah :mysmilie_59: thanks for that grippeh.......I had forgotten about the photo shoots wotsit but I vividly remember her with make up on there, although it was very briefly and then they were on Q. It was something of a new concept at the time, maybe 'baked' or 'whipped'.......or even spiralized :grin:......it was something different anyhoo cos that's why I took any notice.

Hey, unless it was all a dream :wink:

Did you find it in the shower when you woke up?......... your dream I mean :mysmilie_17: a la Bobby in Dallas (I loooooooove Dallas me). :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back