iPad 3 - Not Compatible With New iOS 10 Operating System

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
Just a heads up for anyone considering purchasing a refurbished iPad 3 from Ideal World.

Following an announcement from Apple yesterday it has been confirmed that the iPad 3 will, unfortunately, not be compatible with the new iOS 10 operating system that is due to roll out this autumn.

The iPad 4, iPhone 5 & iPhone 5S that Ideal World sell will be compatible with iOS 10 although some features may not be available. Click on the link for further details :mysmilie_59:

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios10-preview/

To be honest Wirral, I'm not computer savvy, for me so long as I can shop from it that's all I need. As you know I've got the iPad 4 Cellular from them for a brilliant price and absolutely love it for shopping and coming on here, but I'm sure some will find it helpful.

To be honest Wirral, I'm not computer savvy, for me so long as I can shop from it that's all I need. As you know I've got the iPad 4 Cellular from them for a brilliant price and absolutely love it for shopping and coming on here, but I'm sure some will find it helpful.

You're good for (most of) iOS 10 which looks excellent. My iPad Mini 2 is similar to your device in that some features won't be compatible but that's fine as most will be.

But they really ought to stop selling the ancient iPad 3's now, or offer them for a more realistic price and clearly state that it's no longer compatible with newer versions of iOS. :mysmilie_59:

Thanks for the info.

I've just looked at the link, most of the new features seem too gimmicky for me, more suitable for young teenagers IMO.

I don't even know what version my iPad is, I think it was just called "Retina Screen".

Thanks for the info.

I've just looked at the link, most of the new features seem too gimmicky for me, more suitable for young teenagers IMO.

I don't even know what version my iPad is, I think it was just called "Retina Screen".

That's what the official name of the iPad 3 was, nobody ever called it so!

It has the old 30 Pin Connector and not the Lightning Connector :mysmilie_59:

Apple tend to drop support after so many years which will make certain people upgrade and Apple get more ££ , i bet it would work if Apple let you download it to the older ipads

Apple tend to drop support after so many years which will make certain people upgrade and Apple get more ££ , i bet it would work if Apple let you download it to the older ipads

It would work but it would be very, very slow and you wouldn't want to.

Latest posts

Back