Kevin Reynolds and PVD.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

radio_daze

Registered Shopper
Every time I see Watch selling expert Kevin Reynolds on IW, he explains what PVD plating on his Watches is and what PVD is short for. I've just watched him again, and once again he says "PVD stands for powder vapour disposition" No, no, no, no!!! There must be people across the nation splitting their sides every time they here this. PVD stands for physical vapour deposision. I suppose one word correct out of three is not too bad, after all, it is IdealWorld. Please Mister Reynolds, get this right in the future, and stop sounding an idiot. He seems a very nice man who claims to have been dealing in Watches for over 40 years, but a lot of what he has to say is total BS.

Why is it all of the so called experts on shopping TV can never get lots of their facts right? And don't get me started on that Caroline woman who's sold some of the most expensive Watches in the world who doesn't have a clue. Fancy buying a very expensive Watch from her! Luckily, IW only sell cheap junk!

He is so schlocky it's unreal, he's absolutely spot on for Ideal World.

I understand that various watch sales on Ideal World have caught the attention of some people, not only regarding the supposed 'particulars' of the items on sale but also certain claims that are made about their supposed limited availability :mysmilie_59:

PVD: Pete's Very Dirty/Dismal/Diabolical/Dodgy/Definitely all of the above.

Here are some comments on review sites about Vostok watches : -

'If you’re looking for a reminder of why the Soviet Union collapsed, buy a Vostok. It is the horological equivalent to a Lada automobile, and that is not a compliment'

'Other than a recent bankruptcy filing, little has changed for Vostok since it was building watches for the Red Army, and, while I have a respect for the history of watchmaking, cheaply made, wildly inaccurate movements should have been the first things to go after the Wall came down'

'Unique and rugged? Yes. Just don’t rely on it to get you to your film sets on time for work. For that, you’d better keep your Seiko around'

'In the company's heyday of the 1960s and '70s, a Vostok was the best watch you could get inside the USSR, but that’s not saying much. Designed and manufactured in-house? Sure, under threat of a long sentence in a gulag'

These utterly appalling watches, along with the equally appalling Pleather Chairs are, to coin one of Lizzie G's phrases, The Surpreme Essence of Ideal World.

So, if it's all the same Kevin you can keep your Vostok's, and your PVD's, and you can go and .......... :mysmilie_59:

After months and months of telling us that PVD stands for "Powder Vapour Disposition" Kevin Reynolds finally got it right when selling the Vostoks on IW a few minutes ago.

I think Mr Reynolds ((The Watchmakers expert) (according to Pervy Pete)) must have read this thread?

After months and months of telling us that PVD stands for "Powder Vapour Disposition" Kevin Reynolds finally got it right when selling the Vostoks on IW a few minutes ago.

I think Mr Reynolds ((The Watchmakers expert) (according to Pervy Pete)) must have read this thread?

Funny that isn't it?

If anyone is still under the illusion that this company is thriving then I suggest you tune in to these watch sales. If this is how a 'thriving' retailer has to sell then turn your TV off and batten down the hatches when they're struggling.

As ever the buyer has to take some responsibility though, but so does the seller.

Shocking :mysmilie_13:

"You must get these Watches insured, they're very valuable" Ha ha ha ha.

I've never personally even heard this sort of nonsense on the appalling V Channel.

Of course it's kind of funny. But it's also disgraceful too :down:

Latest posts

Back