Ideal Isn't Working

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

desertranger

Registered Shopper
I imagine most people on this forum will be familiar with this general election poster of 1979... work.jpg
Now seems like an appropriate time to reprise a variation of this poster, as a timely reminder to the incumbents of an increasingly bizarre shopping channel IDEAL.jpg

It can't go on like this for much longer :confused:

And not ONE have them have dressed up a Nicole drape dress for the occasion!

Not even the women!

:mysmilie_8:

I imagine most people on this forum will be familiar with this general election poster of 1979...View attachment 11872
Now seems like an appropriate time to reprise a variation of this poster, as a timely reminder to the incumbents of an increasingly bizarre shopping channel View attachment 11873

It can't go on like this for much longer :confused:

Class :mysmilie_19:

But isn't it dreadful? It's really getting worse by the day, I was just watching QVC and I'm not a fan really. They are disingenuous sometimes, I was just saying so as they're not always being clear about precious metal compositions in pieces of Clogau.

But honestly, they are a million miles away from this lot in terms of shystering. Ideal World are jaw droppingly ghastly, it really is a mess.

But man it's funny though :mysmilie_59:

Class :mysmilie_19:

But isn't it dreadful? It's really getting worse by the day, I was just watching QVC and I'm not a fan really. They are disingenuous sometimes, I was just saying so as they're not always being clear about precious metal compositions in pieces of Clogau.

But honestly, they are a million miles away from this lot in terms of shystering. Ideal World are jaw droppingly ghastly, it really is a mess.

But man it's funny though :mysmilie_59:

It certainly is on an increasingly slippery slope, and the desperation is palpable at times. I will be sad to see it go, but it is impossible to escape that conclusion on current form. Mrs Ranger says that the channel is "unwatchable" but, as I often remind her, there are so many moments of comedy gold. As you have previously mentioned, those moments are likely to increase with the ongoing pressures of keeping the channel afloat.

One of the most amusing aspects of this channel (for me) is the pretensions of the presenters, and how their stated talents (actor, landscape architect, 'experts' of various descriptions) are so obviously at odds with their appearance on a shopping channel. Peter Vollebregt is a good example: a resting actor with a less than arresting vacuum performance selling vacuum cleaners and tacky pictures. As for the mainstream presenters, it would be hard to think of a more extreme collection of oddballs, whose idiosyncracies are, for reasons best known to the management, clearly thought to be a real asset to the channel.

I suspect the coming weeks will reveal more serious cracks, and I'm sure there'll be a generous helping of memorable scenes:mysmilie_59:

Which one will be first to have a nervous breakdown on screen? Shrecque's not looking too good these days.

I don't understand how Ideal are still managing to have the likes of Melitta interested while dumping named brands for no-name imitations.

It certainly is on an increasingly slippery slope, and the desperation is palpable at times. I will be sad to see it go, but it is impossible to escape that conclusion on current form. Mrs Ranger says that the channel is "unwatchable" but, as I often remind her, there are so many moments of comedy gold. As you have previously mentioned, those moments are likely to increase with the ongoing pressures of keeping the channel afloat.

One of the most amusing aspects of this channel (for me) is the pretensions of the presenters, and how their stated talents (actor, landscape architect, 'experts' of various descriptions) are so obviously at odds with their appearance on a shopping channel. Peter Vollebregt is a good example: a resting actor with a less than arresting vacuum performance selling vacuum cleaners and tacky pictures. As for the mainstream presenters, it would be hard to think of a more extreme collection of oddballs, whose idiosyncracies are, for reasons best known to the management, clearly thought to be a real asset to the channel.

I suspect the coming weeks will reveal more serious cracks, and I'm sure there'll be a generous helping of memorable scenes:mysmilie_59:

'Unwatchable' is a word I keep hearing, not just on here.

A few colleagues bought some garb from them and they were on a whole happy with it but they pretty much all said the channel is unwatchable and these people, like me, aren't shy and retiring fragile violets. They just seem to think, like I do, that the presentation is mind numbing, base, and hysterical (my words, not their's but I think it sums up their sentiments).

I asked one of them whether they've bought any other good buys and was told they've bought nothing because they can't bear to watch it and because of that they'd all but forgotten about it, not even bothering to look at the website.

Do they not see just how grotesque the channel is? It's like they want it to bomb :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back