Williams waterless car cleaning

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

talisker25

Registered Shopper
Great deal today on IW, 4 X 1Ltr waterless car cleaner, 2 spray nozzles, 4 microfibre cloths and 2 car air freshners all for £20 plus p&p. I use this all the time and is excellent but this price is unbelievable.

It does seems a good deal but I note, like several of their items now, that they've bumped up the P&P to a rather eyewatering £5.99

They're shilling a pair of Proskins Leggings right now, again it's £5.99 P&P.

You'd have to say Ideal World's P&P charges are now among the highest around although for balance they have introduced a 'free' returns service (if you can take the item to an Asda store) but is this merely to justify the new outrageous P&P charges? :down:

It does seems a good deal but I note, like several of their items now, that they've bumped up the P&P to a rather eyewatering £5.99

They're shilling a pair of Proskins Leggings right now, again it's £5.99 P&P.

You'd have to say Ideal World's P&P charges are now among the highest around although for balance they have introduced a 'free' returns service (if you can take the item to an Asda store) but is this merely to justify the new outrageous P&P charges? :down:
As the parcel, when it arrives will weigh over 4kg then the postage cost seem fair to me. The Q charge the for the smallest of items that if you sent them back would cost less than a quid to post.

As the parcel, when it arrives will weigh over 4kg then the postage cost seem fair to me. The Q charge the for the smallest of items that if you sent them back would cost less than a quid to post.

Then as long as you think it's ok that's all that matters, of course.

But by 'real world' standards charging that for snails pace delivery is pretty steep, in my personal opinion. It's over 25% of the item price

All the Selly Telly channels carriage costs are a total joke :mysmilie_59:

For something that weighs 4kg, then it isn't over the top but it is for a pair of leggings

Or how about £5.99 P&P for 20 ml of Fabulift?

They've well hiked up the carriage costs, very expensive indeed.

Another indication of a company struggling perhaps? :mysmilie_59:

I ordered three lots, one to put away and the rest shared around the family, so £6 delivery for all that isn't too bad at all. I find IW p&p very fair too, I ordered two tops Monday and delivered next day for a quid with free returns. Many items are free p&p, multi-line, £1, capped, so yes if you're happy, like I am, that really is all that matters.

Just adding I ordered different sizes for that £1.

Last edited:
Now the Deal of The Day is over it's much cheaper to buy Williams Waterless Car Wash on Amazon.

Ideal World 4 X 1 Litre £59.96 & £3.99 P&P (isn't it strange that the POTD P&P was £5.99!)
Amazon 4 X 1 Litre £34.12 & Free P&P

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/williams-waterless-wash-wax-x-4-litres-357944?p=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Williams-Racing-APL1009-Waterless-Wash/dp/B013FKVGOU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468614203&sr=8-1&keywords=williams+waterless+wash+and+wax

Although in fairness I think we can expect it to be available at the cheaper (or even cheaper) price on Ideal World imminently as the 'usual price' is, of course, a load of old tosh :mysmilie_59:

Now the Deal of The Day is over it's much cheaper to buy Williams Waterless Car Wash in Amazon.

Ideal World 4 X 1 Litre £59.96 & £5.99 P&P
Amazon 4 X 1 Litre £34.12 & Free P&P

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/williams-waterless-wash-wax-x-4-litres-357944?p=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Williams-Racing-APL1009-Waterless-Wash/dp/B013FKVGOU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468614203&sr=8-1&keywords=williams+waterless+wash+and+wax

Wirral we just bought four litres and clothes for £20, people who know IW know that they have it on offer quite often and regularly so wait for them, but thanks for looking.

Wirral we just bought four litres and clothes for £20, people who know IW know that they have it on offer quite often and regularly so wait for them, but thanks for looking.

Oh I know.

On Sunday it'll probably be £15, £17, £18 or whatever and you can take your pick whatever P&P they'll decide to charge.

To say that Ideal World 'Usual Price' prices are rather 'Unusual' is putting it mildly.

Item Number 123456
Luxury Luxurious Deluxe Royal Quality PU Bonded Synthetic Italian Leathery Leatheresque Hydraulic Chair With Wobbly Hot Bits
Ideal World Usual Price £17,500 (will go back up in price at 57 and a half o'clock)
Pick of The Day Price £9.99 (or Nan Nanty Nan) with FREE White Glove, Two Man, Sling It In Ya Living Room Delivery

:mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

williams waterless is excellent i use it all the time lucky enough to have a new car and it keeps it looking brilliant,new toy of course.

We use Pro-Shine have done for years (and whatever it was called before it changed its name!!), tried the Williams once but didnt like it as much. On about postage though, I got a ticket from C&C to the Crafting Live at Doncaster and it was £2.99 postage! hadnt realised till I'd clicked complete the order. Sure it used to be free for tickets years ago?

We use Pro-Shine have done for years (and whatever it was called before it changed its name!!), tried the Williams once but didnt like it as much. On about postage though, I got a ticket from C&C to the Crafting Live at Doncaster and it was £2.99 postage! hadnt realised till I'd clicked complete the order. Sure it used to be free for tickets years ago?

Their postage is becoming as expensive as you'll find in retail.

£2.99 for a stamp is not unexpected. They reckon Plastic Chairs are actually worth £1000 but being the great value outlet they claim to be they sell it to us lucky souls for just £500 :mysmilie_15:

Personally find that Lloyd fella quite off putting, especially as he also represents the spear and Jackson gardening stuff. So that tells me he works for IW and not the companies themselves (but talks like he works for the companies and not IW... if that makes sense)

Personally find that Lloyd fella quite off putting, especially as he also represents the spear and Jackson gardening stuff. So that tells me he works for IW and not the companies themselves (but talks like he works for the companies and not IW... if that makes sense)

There is a contradiction isn't there?

One minute he's shilling a Spear & Jackson Jet Cleaner that's unbeatable at cleaning cars but uses more water than a Wembley Sprinkler and the next he's extolling the virtues of Waterless Car Cleaners while nodding his big head at the goons warning of impending Hosepipe Bans.

Just another in a long line of contradictions with this lot though :mysmilie_59:

Some of the spear stuff is made just for ideal world, i got one of the telescopic ladders and on the box it said imported by Ideal Imports Ltd or something along those lines, ladder went back it was crap :)

Some of the spear stuff is made just for ideal world, i got one of the telescopic ladders and on the box it said imported by Ideal Imports Ltd or something along those lines, ladder went back it was crap :)

Spear and Jackson rent out their brand name for a lot of items now and don't have anything to do with the design or manufacture of the items. I belive they only make the actual tools they ar eknown for so things like pressure washers and ladders aren't made by them

Spear and Jackson rent out their brand name for a lot of items now and don't have anything to do with the design or manufacture of the items. I belive they only make the actual tools they ar eknown for so things like pressure washers and ladders aren't made by them

Indeed. The ladders are a 'White Label' product that you'll see sold under all manner of brand names.

And, probably more obviously, the 'Williams' products are another licensing agreement with a company called Ultimotive who supply a range of Car Care products.

They sell a similar range of Motorbike Care products under the 'Moto GP' brand :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back