Mathey-Tissot Timepieces - Monday 25 July @ 8.00PM

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
Ideal World are selling a new line of watches on Monday called Mathey-Tissot. While we will no doubt hear an evocative story attached to this brand and it's long 'history' two things should be noted about this incarnation of Mathey-Tissot : -

1 - Mathey-Tissot is the name of a historic Swiss Watchmaker. However, this line of watches appears unrelated to the original company, they merely seem to have naming rights (I guess a little bit like Bid TV and their Thomas Earnshaw range)

2 - Mathey-Tissot is in no way whatsoever related to the Tissot brand, which is owned by The Swatch Group

They appear to be Chinese Made/Works :mysmilie_59:

Ideal World are selling a new line of watches on Monday called Mathey-Tissot. While we will no doubt hear an evocative story attached to this brand and it's long 'history' two things should be noted about this incarnation of Mathey-Tissot : -

1 - Mathey-Tissot is the name of a historic Swiss Watchmaker. However, this line of watches appears unrelated to the original company, they merely seem to have naming rights (I guess a little bit like Bid TV and their Thomas Earnshaw range)

2 - Mathey-Tissot is in no way whatsoever related to the Tissot brand, which is owned by The Swatch Group

They appear to be Chinese Made/Works :mysmilie_59:

Thank's for the tip Wirral, I was seriously thinking of buying a dozen, but on second thoughts, decided against it. Anyway, before they even start selling them, I bet the stocks will be limited, and the phone lines are already in melt down! :mysmilie_13:

Thank's for the tip Wirral, I was seriously thinking of buying a dozen, but on second thoughts, decided against it. Anyway, before they even start selling them, I bet the stocks will be limited, and the phone lines are already in melt down! :mysmilie_13:

Shelf grabber :mysmilie_19: Now, which 'expert' will be on duty I wonder?

1. Komrade Kevin
2. Caroline Garrard
3. Tom Pepper
4. A new 'expert' from Switzerland called Herr Helmut Fondue

Take your pick suckers :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

1. Komrade Kevin
2. Caroline Garrard
3. Tom Pepper

View attachment 12110

If they are anywhere as big and heavy as the other "Lumps" they sell, you should be able to get a fair scrap value at the local scrap merch! Just sayin!
I predict the presenter selling it will be Pope Peter, the Horological expert who has never seen anything like it, it's the best ever, not only, (never finishes sentence), and only having 2 million made, will be worth getting insured, or passed on as a heirloom (not)! :mysmilie_59:

Mathey-Tissot Timepieces
Presented by Shaun Ryan and Komrade Kevin

An award-winning collection of exquisite Swiss timepieces; this luxury brand has an incredible history, dating back to 1886.

Unfortunately there's none on the website yet.

If they are anywhere as big and heavy as the other "Lumps" they sell, you should be able to get a fair scrap value at the local scrap merch! Just sayin!
I predict the presenter selling it will be Pope Peter, the Horological expert who has never seen anything like it, it's the best ever, not only, (never finishes sentence), and only having 2 million made, will be worth getting insured, or passed on as a heirloom (not)! :mysmilie_59:

Whatever spiel Dirty Peter would come out with it matters not a jot. These watches are probably about as Swiss as Swiss Toni.

At best they'll be assembled there. The Mathey-Tissot watches from yesteryear surely wouldn't touch this lot with a Swiss Horn :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

How dare Komrade Kev turn his back on his old Lithuanian mucker Igor!! Igor will be in his bunker in Vilnius in a rage at Komrade Kev.

No doubt these chinese packed crap timepieces will be the best watches ever................no really they will be the best EVER, Komrade Kev will have never saw anything like these ones folks.........roll up roll up, sorry rolex up!!

1. Komrade Kevin
2. Caroline Garrard
3. Tom Pepper

View attachment 12110

Helmut could very well be one of Kevin's top contacts in Switzerland, just as Igor is his right-hand man at Vostok. He can talk about how Helmut has just released an exclusive consignment of watches that were intended for an upmarket store in London, but were instead redirected to a down-market shopping channel in Peterborough. All because of Kevin's influence with the world's finest watchmakers. Obviously:mysmilie_59:

Last edited:
The phone lines are in melt down buy one before it's too late these are not coming back. Remember to check out your baskets or we divert the web baskets to the phone line baskets. Don't forget you can use flexipay and 8.99 p&p.

Yet another historical watchmaker to turn in his grave (if he ever existed that is?).

We've had, Thomas Earnshaw, James McCabe, Max Stuhrling (another dubious history!) and now Mathey-Tissot. Well, it should be good for a laugh at least. Can hardly wait to see what load of old pony they'll trot out about this range of horological masterpieces. Simon will be there saying "I've never seen anything like it" and "I don't know which one to buy" None of the tat of course! Why would he buy the rubbish, when he usually wears a gold Rolex datejust, when not selling cheap Chinese Watches at inflated prices!

It's funny how they never sell any brand of Watch that's available in the shops.

Yet another historical watchmaker to turn in his grave (if he ever existed that is?).

We've had, Thomas Earnshaw, James McCabe, Max Stuhrling (another dubious history!) and now Mathey-Tissot. Well, it should be good for a laugh at least. Can hardly wait to see what load of old pony they'll trot out about this range of horological masterpieces. Simon will be there saying "I've never seen anything like it" and "I don't know which one to buy" None of the tat of course! Why would he buy the rubbish, when he usually wears a gold Rolex datejust, when not selling cheap Chinese Watches at inflated prices!

It's funny how they never sell any brand of Watch that's available in the shops.

They've got a brand of watch on the website called Annie Apple.

I wonder if Janice wears one? :mysmilie_59:

The brand might be called Mathey-Tissot, but you just know they’re...View attachment 12118

:mysmilie_15:

I'd like to believe that Komrade Kevin is Bona Fide, Straight Up, a Mensch. I really would.

But I don't, and that's just my opinion. In fact I think he's a Schlock, but that's just my opinion.

It's fair to say I have many opinions on Ideal World. They mostly range from pretty negative to largely negative to what a load of Shysters but they're just my opinions :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Komrade Kevin is big on mentioning 'Ronda Movement'.

This has a Ronda Movement
It's a Ronda Movement
Ronda this, Ronda that

Ronda is a Quartz Movement, lots of watch brands use them. Nothing special apparently but they are Swiss Made which he's obviously mentioning over and over and the watches are assembled in Switzerland too but then so are Toblerones.

The Automatic Watch has an ETA Movement (seen in all manner of watches). ETA is owned by Swatch who won't be supplying any more to other companies, they want an utterly eye watering £1,150. It's like watching My V Channel, they never stop mentioning ETA either. But there are all manner of ETA movements.

Kevin Reynolds is the exclusive UK Distributor of these 2016 Mathey-Tissot watches so make of that what you will.

And of course they come in great, big boxes. :mysmilie_59:

Ronda quartz movements are dirt cheap, around £5 on ebay

Cheap as chips, they're in thousands of watch brands.

Put it this way, the noted Watch Retailer 'Watches of Switzerland' sells Tissot.

It doesn't sell Mathey-Tissot :mysmilie_59:

Kevin has suggested that there are 'very serious collectors ' watching -as if serious watch collectors would buy from Ideal World !
The only collectors who tune in are those looking for genuine antique iPads.

Wow these magnificent timepieces are available in such places around the world as Iran, Iraq, Libya, Angola, Kazakhstan and Ideal World...............:mysmilie_59:

Kevin also said that if you search online for Mathey-Tissot you'll see nothing but positive reviews for Mathey-Tissot's heritage, etc., but that's of course before anyone has received any new Mathey-Tissot watches from Ideal World.

Disingenuous or what? :mysmilie_10:

Latest posts

Back