Uh, Uh, Jane Plan, Uh I'm going to explode, 18 minutes in.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

grippeh

Registered Shopper
After 18 minutes of this utter, utter, (screaming obscenitites at screen) I'm going to either have to turn it off, or find something to punch.

They are selling this with the old "oh, only £5.99 a day for all your food" but just starting with the breakfasts, it's being shown with masses of yoghurt, strawberries and blueberries, all free I suppose?
Now the chicken arrabiata, which Jane describes quite Freudianly as "a proper filling lunch" (eer what about your soups?) which she serves on a massive bed of salad, again, free I suppose in most supermarkets?
The spread they show at the beginning with the different meals, notice how every one of them is laden with either extra veg, loads of fruit, salad, courgetti, figs, and of course don't forget your milk for your extremely p*ss poor cereal portion.... all free I guess?

Last time Jane was on, there was a hefty-ish bowl of the granola, with very little fruit tartage, and the host said "crikey, you get that for a single breakfast?" and Jane murmoured, "errr, no, that's 2 portions in that bowl" WTF????
Boiling with rage doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this c*ap.

how about you show us the meals, MINUS the added veg and fruit, which cost money. One bag of salad leaves here in Norfolk, which is pretty much going to do 2 of these 'meals' is 99p at least, I don't know about anyone else, but that's 50p per meal added already. the fistful of blueberries on each of those cereals is at least 60p at the moment, more when they're out of season,............ aaargh.

Just have a look at the meals shown, and mentally take off the extra salad, veg, fruit, milk, yoghurt, then see what you're really getting for £5.99 a day,
Lol they've just scanned the table again and on one meal, a curry I'm guessing, there's added: a whole lime cut in 2, fig slices, salad and nuts.

I await your input fellow forumites, I know you will have me in much laughter to compensate for the seething just seeing this ill looking stick insect shill the very small, expensive diet :(

You could always start with cutting out biscuits and chocolate, cut down alcohol, cut down on takeaways and eat more salad and veg. These plans are always so expensive and doesn't even include fruit and veg, that's so misleading.

It's the same with so many of these diets, isn't it? Diet Chef (QVC), that 5:2 one they were going on and on about. They gloss over the fact that you have to bulk out the skimpy portions to make a meal. Let's face it, with so much of the diet food, the only reason the calorie count is lower than what you'd eat normally is because they have made the portion size minute!

They want you to buy, not pause and compute how much extra you'll need to spend.

As others have said, with these kinds of things, you're actually far better off making your own dietary changes rather than going for the convenience of these pre-packed meals.

If you just eat a balanced diet but eat less of everything,especially those foods which are full of fat and exercise more ,then most people can lose weight. The portion sizes on those plans without extras seem very small for a lot of people ,and I can imagine the addition of a plan like this for a person in the family is a big burden on many peoples' budgets.

I think anyone would lose weight if they did this diet strictly... seeing as there is hardly any actual food for your £6 a day.

The videos and testimonials are genuinely laughable. Just pure bollocks.

I envy Jane. I wish I could stand and watch £120 roll in.

Sally screamed 'I've been on the Jane Plan for a week and I've lost 2 Pounds and Centimetres off my body'.

Maybe fellow forumites can help me here but didn't she say weeks ago (when she was selling it) that she was on the Jane Plan? Perhaps I'm getting mixed up.

In fairness this plan does seem to have favourable independent reviews but as usual Ideal World sell it in the most disingenuous way possible :my smilie_59:

At one point last night Sally said something along the lines of "if you can get a lasagne, for £1.99, calorie counted and healthy ingredients, then let me know where cos I don't think you can!!" :)
Obviously we can all reel off many places where we can get a balanced healthy ready meal, low fat, low salt, nutritionally balanced for under £2, and the ones I know of are undoubtedly bigger in size than these tiny portions :)
Even Jane herself was aware last time of how small the cereal is, otherwise why put 2 portions into one bowl? Gah, Jaxx is back on this morning with it :(
Knew I could count on sense from you wonderful forumites, faith in humanity restored :)
PS if anyone is looking for said cheap, healthy ready meals, Tesco have got a new range out which the sweet chilli chicken noodles at £1.50 is so lovely it's unreal :) and about 280 calories a pop.

Yup, these meal programmes are a rip-off in my opinion. They are not that good if you have to supplement with other products. I prefer to buy fresh products and make my own balanced meals.

The thought of Sally screeching away shilling this product makes me want to throw up last night's dinner (which was homemade Lasagne and garlic bread) at the telly. :mysmilie_11:

Aaah, quick check for the Toffee Pecan Granola, Jane's is 100g = 501 cals, the portion they give you is 40g, Quaker Wholesome Crunch Pecan Granola Nuts, 100g = 420 cals. You can get all the details of the portion sizes etc from Jane's own website, quite the eye opener. As we all knew, just small portions.

I don't know why anyone in their right mind would spend money on a "plan" like this. In the unlikelyhood of someone deciding that they're going to go on a "ready meal" diet for a few weeks to lose a bit of weight, surely they'd know that most supermarkets do really good deals on this sort of thing eg 3 for 2's, you can handpick exactly what you want, buy a whole box of granola, a whole packet of biscuits, all the necessary extras like your fruit, veg, milk and yoghurt etc and spend an absolute fraction of what this "dubious package" is going for - A don't try and tell me about the convenience of delivery...all the big supermarkets deliver these days, and ok you might have to spend a minimum of £50 but it's still a jolly sight cheaper than this!
Anyway, lets ping back to reality - You just wouldn't would you? Make a few changes to your regular diet, do a bit more exercise if you can - and guess what?

Jane plan - Yeah, you'll lose pounds alright £££££££ !

I don't know why anyone in their right mind would spend money on a "plan" like this. In the unlikelyhood of someone deciding that they're going to go on a "ready meal" diet for a few weeks to lose a bit of weight, surely they'd know that most supermarkets do really good deals on this sort of thing eg 3 for 2's, you can handpick exactly what you want, buy a whole box of granola, a whole packet of biscuits, all the necessary extras like your fruit, veg, milk and yoghurt etc and spend an absolute fraction of what this "dubious package" is going for - A don't try and tell me about the convenience of delivery...all the big supermarkets deliver these days, and ok you might have to spend a minimum of £50 but it's still a jolly sight cheaper than this!
Anyway, lets ping back to reality - You just wouldn't would you? Make a few changes to your regular diet, do a bit more exercise if you can - and guess what?

Jane plan - Yeah, you'll lose pounds alright £££££££ !

Plenty of reasons why these tempt people in. In no particular order I give you: laziness, time poverty, ignorance about how to shop for food generally, gullability...

Plenty of reasons why these tempt people in. In no particular order I give you: laziness, time poverty, ignorance about how to shop for food generally, gullability...

Yep! and that'll be straight forward poverty after a few sackloads have landed on your door step! Would love to see one of the main tv channels doing a documentary on this sort of pre packed diet!

Just had a look at the deal, and I suppose for a busy/lazy person living alone without dependents and with enough money to spare could find it useful....despite it being what I'd call a really crap way of doing things, and even then I'm sure most people would get bored of living on ready meals and such meagre snackage in the end.

Just switched on to Jacks going on about the Jane Plan,what a patronising B****, speaking to the viewers as if they are imbeciles,as usual for Jacks,it doesn't shut up and let the guest speak,if I switch on & Jacks is presenting I immediately switch off.

I notice that on the TV advert for this they even had a Vicar saying how wonderful it was (or, at least, it was a bloke wearing a dog collar!). Talk about anything to add credibility.....eat less, exercise more = weight loss. I would say that enrolling on a plan where there's hardly anything provided is more likely to make you over-eat. Talk about disingenuous marketing...

I think anyone would lose weight if they did this diet strictly... seeing as there is hardly any actual food for your £6 a day.

The videos and testimonials are genuinely laughable. Just pure bollocks.

I envy Jane. I wish I could stand and watch £120 roll in.

Latest posts

Back