Let’s do the time warp again...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

desertranger

Registered Shopper
back.jpg

I’m sure I’m not alone in experiencing a strange feeling, like it’s the beginning of the internet, whenever Janice Phillips comes on and tells us about all the wonderful things you can do on a tablet: emailing, reading books, booking a holiday, and then there’s all those apps! (And let's not forget that recurring game, seemingly on a loop, where you take a running figure and make him jump over various obstacles)

Thanks Janice! Had I been living in a cave for the past 20 years, I'm sure your advice would have proven invaluable.

Of course a big highlight of any Janice show is the incredibly imaginative “Where’s Janice?” segment, even though you’ll only ever find her in bed or the kitchen. I suspect Ideal might have taken their cue from the “Where’s Wally?” phenomena here, although I’m not in any way suggesting that Janice Phillips is a Wally... let’s not forget that she once worked for Apple in some sort of capacity, which makes her a defacto technology expert.

Talking of Janice’s talent, including her uncanny ability for stating the obvious, I do wonder if she might have taught her own grandma to suck eggs.

Something tells me she’d be eminently qualified:wink:

eggs.jpg

Last edited:
Bless Granny Smith, she's very nice but her 'tech' is not all that.

I'd seriously check out ebay or Amazon if you're interested in buying a generic Android phone or tablet, miles cheaper! :mysmilie_59:

Sadly I never got the chance to teach my Gran to suck eggs unfortunately. Wish I had though :-(

When we upgraded our broadband to fibre with TalkTalk it came with 'F-Secure' security that Ideal World sometimes provide as 'added value' with their cheapo (but expensive) Tablets.

We've removed F-Secure and gone back to using Avast, it doesn't seem to find as many nasties as Avast :mysmilie_59:

When we upgraded our broadband to fibre with TalkTalk it came with 'F-Secure' security that Ideal World sometimes provide as 'added value' with their cheapo (but expensive) Tablets.

We've removed F-Secure and gone back to using Avast, it doesn't seem to find as many nasties as Avast :mysmilie_59:

There are different levels and packages with F Secure. Do you know which one it was?

Janice, whilst I sincerely dislike your marketing of second-hand products as 'pre-loved', I always consistently impressed that you come on the forum and run the gauntlet. It is greatly to your credit and I thank you for it

Some say Salmon but it's still pink when all is said and done. Pre loved is a saying my Mum would call our 'hand me down cloths'. It's just a nice terminology but I appriecitef your view on the matter.

I think we're all on this forum quite clear on the subtle difference in meaning between 'pre-loved' and 'second-hand'. It's much the same as Sun-Pat peanut butter, which is currently using the marketing term 'spread the energy' on the lids of their products. In the same vein as your 'hand me down' analogy, why doesn't Sun-Pat use the phrase 'spread the calories' rather than 'spread the energy', given that they're logically equivalent...?

You have a job to do, which is maximise sales and revenue for your employer. We have a job to do on this forum, which is highlight disingenuousness and sharp practice when we come across it.

How many times have we heard the stories of trading in cars (myself included).......due to said car being a complete pig in a poke, then lo and behold said cars siting down the local forecourt with all the pre loved tat stickers, polished, shiny alloys plus another £1200 lumped onto the trade in price we got.

Just say second hand, it is what it is regardless of its past history.

There are different levels and packages with F Secure. Do you know which one it was?

Hello Janice.

It's this one. It was OK but just didn't find as many bugs although I don't know how serious they were (nothing bad happened so I guess they weren't so serious). Also it noticeably slowed the PC down.

I have to say I'm pleased you no longer sell achingly old and slow iPads 3's (and nobody is telling me otherwise that they aren't slow!). Not so bad selling iPad 4's as they can be updated to iOS10 and they're still quite nippy but still very old! :mysmilie_59:

https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/supersafeboost

Hi,

That software is branded but is for Talk Talk customers. Its valued at £39.99 and automatically runs in the background which as you know can slow things down quite a bit. You can disable this though if you wish and run it manually.
No doubt Talk Talk will factor the cost of the security somewhere along the way.

F Secure safe is a different product and is valued at a higher price than the Talk Talk offering.

Did you say you had removed it?

J

Hi,

That software is branded but is for Talk Talk customers. Its valued at £39.99 and automatically runs in the background which as you know can slow things down quite a bit. You can disable this though if you wish and run it manually.
No doubt Talk Talk will factor the cost of the security somewhere along the way.

F Secure safe is a different product and is valued at a higher price than the Talk Talk offering.

Did you say you had removed it?

J

Yeah we completely removed it and went back to using Avast.

Lots of people in the TalkTalk CS forums seem to find the version of F-Secure they provided to be rather lacklustre and did similar to us and canned it but to be honest we hardly use our PC these days anyway.

Latest posts

Back