Toy bundle bargain!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Either this is a misprint or they really are taking the pi$$

£170 for a £17 helicopter, a £15 VR headset and the rest of the stuff...poundstretcher stuff all worth under £3 I'd say!

Sorry but was unable to post a picture!

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/ultimate-festive-bundle-385161?fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=toy%20bundle Can you believe this?!

This kind of cheapo (but very expensive in the end) tatt is possibly aimed at well meaning, loving Grandparents etc who have absolutely no idea what Kids are really interested in.

Beyond cynical and totally in sync with much of the other tatty crap that this jalopy of a retailer sells.

You should have seen the shat, tiny, uber cheapo phone they were shilling last night. They wanted a genuinely exorbitant £86 all in, it's a stretch to think it was worth £40. 'This is exclusive to us, you won't find it anywhere else'. Too right, only a channel that has the gall to employ 09 Premium Rate Order Lines would have the gall to pass that ripoff ruse off as a bargain.

Plastic Chairs, Plastic Shoes, Plastic Clothes, Plastic Goons yet almost everything comes with a Platinum Price, including the phone calls and postage charges :mysmilie_59:

Half of that bundle seems to appear every year, I haven't seen any of the Toy Shows this year, but I always thought they worked with Hameys, and Richard. Maybe IW get the tat that Hayley's cant sell.

Have they had the Gyro Helicopters, The twister cars, the Drone, and the flashing teeth yet oh and those So called Magic pens which were big in the 80s

Can't believe what I just saw on the web site. £170 for that is ridiculous, and I suppose the presentation on TV would have you believe that half of it is free! I think there is around £40-£50 worth there at most!

It's like that Drone they keep flogging at £70 that is said to be half price, which you pick up on the net for less than £30.

What a bunch of shysters!!!

Surely by selling at that price Ideal World must be on the verge of financial trouble if nothing else; perhaps turning IW into Create and Craft 2 might work but there again they may have left it too late to do that (and need much better presenters as well).

This kind of cheapo (but very expensive in the end) tatt is possibly aimed at well meaning, loving Grandparents etc who have absolutely no idea what Kids are really interested in.

You should have seen the shat, tiny, uber cheapo phone they were shilling last night. They wanted a genuinely exorbitant £86 all in, it's a stretch to think it was worth £40. 'This is exclusive to us, you won't find it anywhere else'. Too right, only a channel that has the gall to employ 09 Premium Rate Order Lines would have the gall to pass that ripoff ruse off as a bargain.

Plastic Chairs, Plastic Shoes, Plastic Clothes, Plastic Goons yet almost everything comes with a Platinum Price, including the phone calls and postage charges :mysmilie_59:

I hope everyone thinks twice before picking up the 09 phone or presses the buy button. That plastic c*** costs real money.

Last edited:
The fact that people like my mam ,although she has family and her own nature to ensure it wouldn't happen, get a raw deal because they are trusting enough and/or are unable to source goods easily so rely on convenience routes to obtain what they need makes me so angry .So much so with this pile of steaming bulls**** I have spent my breaktime looking at prices of the individual items on IW and on well known shopping sites .Finding comparable items when necessary. I was able to (virtually) 'pick up'the bundle for £95.54 by shopping around.IW came in at approx. £159.99.Funny thing I found :The 2packs of bows by c& c on well known SA river shopping site£5.29 IW site £9.99!! I'm sure a lot of it could be got even cheaper by going to bargain shops.

Last edited:
The fact that people like my mam ,although she has family and her own nature to ensure it wouldn't happen, get a raw deal because they are trusting enough and/or are unable to source goods easily so rely on convenience routes to obtain what they need makes me so angry .So much so with this pile of steaming bulls**** I have spent my breaktime looking at prices of the individual items on IW and on well known shopping sites .Finding comparable items when necessary. I was able to (virtually) 'pick up'the bundle for £95.54 by shopping around.IW came in at approx. £159.99.Funny thing I found :The 2packs of bows by c& c on well known SA river shopping site£5.29 IW site £9.99!! I'm sure a lot of it could be got even cheaper by going to bargain shops.

Apart from the odd Vacuum Cleaner and occasional Kitchen Electrical you can now be almost certain that anything 'cheap' on Ideal World is because it's cheap crap that they're shilling. Their merchandise has gone down the pan, it really has.

This channel is now getting dangerously close to resembling a Huckster Infomercial Channel from 20 years ago and that is so very sad.

Even the always cheaper Nutribullet is now no cheaper than elsewhere, in fact it's often more expensive because of their utterly shocking delivery charges.

It's all about Plastic Furniture, No Name Beauty, Plastic Shoes, Disco Ball Rings, ebay outlet Technology, Watches without anything else going for them except some people recognise the name of them from an unrelated car or even worse Soviet Era Garbage sold in an 'effin Plastic Tool Kit Box.

Isn't it awful? :mysmilie_59:

Towards the end of Bid TV's miserable existence, I began to hate the network when they seemed to do everyhing to rip off the consumer, at every turn. I was glad to see the back of this network when it got bankrupt and closed.

I am feeling the exact way with Ideal World as they seem to be going down the same path. A plague on their nasty network. No wonder all the decent presenters have gone. They know that with ex-Bid TV presenters infecting it, the channel is on it's way out.

it's always the same toys and the same mentioning/implication of hamleys (except they cannot say hamleys by name... which always surprises me as why can't you if it's fact?)

That's the worst toy bundle they have done. I bought my son a VR headset for Christmas as a stocking filler £10 inc postage from ebay, had a quick play and its pretty good. The helicopter is selling for £16.99 on IW so £26 and they rest as someone has already said is £land rubbish.

This must sound terribly sad, but I thought that the price for this dreadful bundle of crap must be a mistake, that I'd try and check out the individual prices, and going by the ridiculous prices they're charging for the items then in their world (Ideal world) then it probably does amount to £170+!!! £14.99 for a pack of 4 splat balls....I would honestly expect to pay no more than £3 for something like that, a sticker art set - £24.99 - C'mon....£8 would be over priced for something like that! In past years we were slagging off the bundle that cost a lot less than that and that contained a massive helicopter, a smaller one, remote control cars, cars that drove up walls, a drone so at least 4 items per bundle that you could give someone as a "main present". This ridiculous package doesn't have a single one - They are all stocking fillers, and cheap and nasty ones at that I am beyond shocked. After postage you would end up paying £176! You could buy at least 4 children a really decent present for that sort of money in my estimation - and then some! The bundle they're doing for £129 seems a bit better..perhaps they've got the prices muddled up. Hope nobody's daft enough to buy the £170 bundle, I really do!

I think they imagine that the fictitious Hamleys Mafia will pay them a visit, and they'll find a horse's head in their bed. :mysmilie_11: :giggle: It's a pathetic ploy, but pretty par for the course.

it's always the same toys and the same mentioning/implication of hamleys (except they cannot say hamleys by name... which always surprises me as why can't you if it's fact?)[/QUOTE

Can I just get this off my chest fellow forumites?
I am getting a wee bit sick and tired of reading on here numerous times, how the bid-tv ex presenters are causing the channel to go down the pan/become awful/are the reason it's suddenly almost libellous in its sales etc etc.

Firstly, the channel has always been like this, since day one, just different cheap carp, different sales naughtiness, different shilly claims. The channel has always sold mostly carp, Dennice may say now "ooh years ago our fashion wasn't good, but NOW it's wonderful" but all along she has been doing the "can someone order me 152 of those" on air, when that fashion 'years ago' wasn't great, she was still buying it.
Yes they did have many more bigger name brands and more suppliers, but apparently they treated their suppliers worse than enemies and this is probably in my opinion why so few companies are now 'showcased'.
But mainly, the presenters are NOT controlling the channel, the managers, buyers, people who own and run the channel do that, the presenters behaviour is NOT stopped by the powers than can easily stop them, their behaviour in my opinion is being encouraged by the powers that run this channel. The bid-tv lot may be a lot of things yes, but they are NOT responsible for the downfall of the channel.

The channel will fail if it does, because those who run, own and make the pennies out of the channel, higher up, hire the presenters, fire other presenters, allow the shilly rubbish "ooh have we got this price wrong on screen????" put the items to air and choose what to sell, they set the high postage, they also have the 09 number installed or NOT removed.

Please yes, continue criticism of the norty presenters, it's funny the way it's done by you all, and correct in all you say about them, but please remember that their nortiness is being actively allowed by higher powers, so you have to ask yourself, why? Beginning to think conspiracy-theory-esque that there may be something prefered about the channel going down t'pan...............

Latest posts

Back