Well Well Well, Richard Mire.........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

grippeh

Registered Shopper
I didn't realise that! Richard Mire, the dire presenter on Ideal World for the toys, actually makes some of them.

He said just now that the "wall Rider, that's worth £40" and I full well remember them selling the same wall rider for £29.99 last year. So a quick google (other search engines are available) and I get taken to Hamleys page, showing the out of stock wall rider at £30.
Quick read up and I saw it was one of 'RDM creations supplies' so putting 2 and 2 together; RDM, Richard Mire....... and lo and behold another quick search and yes, he does make these toys.

Now I'm wondering what else RDM are supplying to IW, also makes me feel a little less trusting (if that were possible) of Mr Mire, what with last year saying the 'wall rider is the best selling toy in the country' hmmmm.

Sorry if this is not news to anyone else, but I was quite shocked. But hey, already lied once within 15 minutes of the POTD starting what with wall rider prices et al :)

Just said the hover ball is £25,.......... or £7.99 sold by him on Amazon. I need to get off the PC :(
Getting angrier by the minute.

Perhaps a few hoovers and the odd kitchen product aside if what Ideal World is shilling is available elsewhere you can pretty much assume it will be either cheaper elsewhere or absolutely miles cheaper elsewhere, if you can be bothered looking.

It's only that Ideal World sell so much crap that at first glance isn't available elsewhere (and then offer installments to buy the crap) that they get away with it.

But even then loads of the items are just badged up under different names so they often are actually available elsewhere anyway (like Shadazzle and literally all of Tower's electric products).

For balance QVC sting people equally as much but just in a different way but both of them are without doubt the stinking old carcasses of the retail world.

Surely the bell tolls for both of 'em in my opinion but Ideal World's is literally ringing in my ears :mysmilie_59:

More Ideal World shysterism. This shopping network treats its customers loke fools. A nasty, cynical shopping network.

Richard Mire? The definition of the word 'Mire' is : -

'A complicated or unpleasant situation from which it is difficult to extricate oneself'

Richard Mire & Ideal World are clearly made for each other :mysmilie_59:

I find Mr Dire, sorry Mire, to be one of those instantly dislikeable characters, there being a palpable "Gimme the Money!" aspect to his presentations. He often uses the line about a certain London store (clearly Hamleys) selling the same product for a much higher price...yet it turns out-as has been mentioned-that his company supplies Hamleys! Talk about disingenuous.

I seem to recall him appearing on Dragons Den, trying to shift some device that restricted the time children could watch television. It was given short shrift by the investors, who clearly thought it was a load of nonsense. If only the Ideal viewers were as discerning when it comes to those massively overpriced (and overhyped) bundles of tat he sells every year:down:

Last edited:
Wow....The dragons laid into him...cant con a dragon like you can con an IW viewer huh... As mentioned previously,here is his appearence on Dragons Den... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRFl87otao ..fast forward to 33.01 minutes

What a completely crap product as you would expect. Mire's presentation skills is pathetic. He may fool vulnerable and nternet ignorant viewers but he didn't fool the Dragons who really exposed him and sent him packing. :grin::grin:

In addition, I reckon the Dragons have done their research about his dealings with shopping channels and are probably not impeessed with the ethics and selling practices that Ideal World use.

Latest posts

Back