Ideal world savings club!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I have just put the phone down from a young man called Jack who kindly called me from IW to say as I'm such a valued customer he'd like to offer me a "little something" as a reward for shopping with them. "Oh yeah" I said, knowing what was coming next, an opportunity to preview IW's savings club for 21 days - sure enough he said exactly those words, though I think he added the word "fabulous"! Thought I'd have a bit of fun, so I said, "So Jack, what makes it a special reward for me? Is this free trial not available to everybody and anybody who reads your website? er umm...Well yes, but we thought as a valued customer you'd like to save money on your shopping - No thank you I'm not interested, I interrupted, Just hear me out if you would let me tell you about this fantastic reward...Hey Jack I interrupted again, do you know what would be a real reward? Perhaps you could post or email me a money off voucher without clauses or a code to give me free postage on my next purchase, send me a pen, a box of chocolates, a shopping bag - How ever you dress it up, it is NOT a reward, in fact it's a rip off...goodbye!

I've been trying to find some proper reviews of this so called "savings club" that aren't just made up by IW, I've found very little, just a few vulnerable people who've been duped into accepting the preview, which they normally charge £2.99 to deliver (what a cheek!)How difficult it is to cancel before they automatically rob you of £80, that the offers are widely available from groupon and online deals from the companies themselves, and full of terms and conditions that would make them difficult to use anyway..for instance the Eurostar/flight deal...they choose the times when the deal is available, you can't just book it, you have to pick three possible dates and you just get what you're given. And from what I can see, things like free photograph sessions, pampering etc puts you into contact with companies that won't take no for an answer, wont just give you a free haircut, photo or what have you, as they try to hoodwink you into accepting very expensive goods and getting tied up to further contracts, very much like IW do with this. Why pay £80 for stuff you can get for nowt anyway? Win 24 seems to have disappeared from IW's ether though, which must be a good thing!

I've had the call a couple of times, and declined.

There are too many things like this cropping up when you provide your contact details to different companies. I object to the conversations that start with "you have been selected" as what then follows is a first step into them extracting money from them. When I was younger and more naive, I got caught out by something similar and it cost me a lot of money I could ill afford. I won't get involved now in anything unsolicited. If I haven't asked them for the specific goods/services then the answer is thank you but no thanks... goodbye. I'm the same with my bank, phone company etc... not just IW. I'm sure I miss out on free stuff with my attitude, but I'd rather that than end up on the so-called "suckers list" which is then used by the unscrupulous to repeatedly target those people that are perceived as gullible and/or vulnerable.

My dad took up the deal, under its previous regime.

They phoned him up, and virtually told him what he wanted to hear about the pack, They were like What Sipermarket do you use, Dad said Tesco, ooh well you will get club card points. Dad said he and mum dont go out for meals or to a cinema or theatre much, they said well that will be topped up with what u want sir.

This is the only Ideal World Savings Club that anyone needs, it's free.

Try it, I believe it's quite popular. You could save a fortune :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0225.jpg

I'm only surprised this savings club hasn't made it onto Rip Off Britain, or similar.

I pity the poor souls who have to flog this... could it even be they are operating in a boiler room?

boiler room
noun
noun: boiler room; plural noun: boiler rooms; modifier noun: boiler-room

1. a room in a building or a compartment in a ship containing a boiler and related heating equipment.
2. a room or office in which many operators engage in high-pressure telephone sales, especially of risky or worthless investments.
"a boiler-room operation"

Latest posts

Back