layering nail polish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

shushkin!

Registered Shopper
Hi

I love watching Leighton when he layers different colours to create gorgeous effects. Can you only layer his nail polishes or does it work with all brands?.

I make a real pigs ear of it when I try. I suspect I dont have enough patience or something.:confused:

I always used to layer polishes in my teens when i had time to experiment! You can get some lovely effects.

I find success is all in the preparation when it comes to painting nails. I firstly use OPI chip skip on bare nails, then a base coat(allow to dry) then apply nail lacquer(as many coats as is required,can be more than one colour/make but you must allow to dry between coats) then when all dry apply a top coat. My manicure lasts for around a week - i just put more top coat on to refresh mid week. Nail envy or similar product can be used as base coat and reapplied over finished dry nail when required. My manicures used to last a day(if that) before i did the above - i think its patience re allowing polish/lacquer to dry between coats that matters? - it pays dividends:)

See thats where I'm going wrong - dont allow for this drying lark , far too impatient for my own good :)

Sounds very professional Qvc Princess

xxx

Thanks QVC Princess

I find success is all in the preparation when it comes to painting nails. I firstly use OPI chip skip on bare nails, then a base coat(allow to dry) then apply nail lacquer(as many coats as is required,can be more than one colour/make but you must allow to dry between coats) then when all dry apply a top coat. My manicure lasts for around a week - i just put more top coat on to refresh mid week. Nail envy or similar product can be used as base coat and reapplied over finished dry nail when required. My manicures used to last a day(if that) before i did the above - i think its patience re allowing polish/lacquer to dry between coats that matters? - it pays dividends:)

Thanks QVC Princess. You sound very professional. I was right then about my lack of patience and obvious lack of dedication to the task. I will give it a go though.

I change my polish almost daily! I've never tried different colours together, but maybe I'll give it a go. I just get really bored with a colour, and then spot another polish in my fridge and think oh I must try that.
I like Leighton Denny polishes. I used to be a nails inc girl, but I've been converted!

Leighton Denny's 'Under Cover' base, then OPI's 'Didgeridoo your Nails' - a deep pink - and then OPI's 'Happy Anniversary' which is a sparkly silver. Topped it with LD's Crystal Finish.

I am usually pretty useless at giving myself a manicure but this one is the best yet! I did it on Friday and it still looks good.

Latest posts

Back