Hats off to Customer Service!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Just recently, I've had a few problems with IW - an error in order processing, a failed refund and an incorrect item in an order. Mistakes happen but it's how they are dealt with that makes the difference and IW have been amazing! The order that was duplicated due to a website glitch has been taken back under the DSR for refund. The refund that failed in processing was re-authorised yesterday by IW's head office staff and is in my bank already today! I don't know how they managed to do that so quickly. And a kit of Skinn products arrived with an incorrect item in it. I must admit I hadn't noticed as I'd not opened the packet up right away, but, this morning, I received a letter from IW explaining what had happened, enclosing the correct item and saying that I could keep the incorrect item for goodwill. This was dated yesterday and with me this morning too. Really cannot fault IW at all for how they have sorted all this out, and so quickly. Can't help but think that is this was QVC, I'd still be waiting for a declaration letter crawling its way to me via third class mail!

Good to hear that. I have only been an IW customer for 4 years but have had excellent service. I do not buy a lot from them but any problems and it has been resolved.

I agree, when I've had any problems in the past they're dealt with quickly and efficiently, some people mock IW CS ubut it really doesn't deserve that. I ordered one of those Babycakes cake pop makers, when it arrived it had been lobbed over the back garden door, so I emailed them telling then I'm not risking keeping it, so they emailed back saying I can keep it and they're sending me another out and issuing a £10 credit to my account which meant I actually got two machines for free. If anything is missing from an order they'll send the missing piece out, where as when I shopped with QVC I had to send the whole item back, which is ridiculous for a company in this day and age. Mistakes do happen but the difference between IW and QVC is IW sort them quickly and efficiently. Funnily enough, I hard far more mistakes made by QVC than IW, I know everyone's experience is different and this is mine.

So nice to hear of excellent customer service when things go wrong :mysmilie_59:

IW are giving you the message that your custom is valued by them... and isn't that something we would appreciate from all the retailers we shop with?

It's great to hear that they sorted out all of these mistakes in a timely way but jeez, that's an awful lot of mistakes to make in a short space of time in the first place!

It validates what people are saying about Ideal World on Trust Pilot, contributing to their appalling 1.4 rating which as far as I can see is far worse than any comparable retailer.

In fairness to them mistakes do happen so fair play to them for fixing them. Personally I'm far more concerned about the almost complete lack of bargains these days (just like the ever ripoff QVC) :down:

Ordered 2 items on Superdrug website yesterday at 16:45. Email today to say it was dispatched at 03:10 this morning. They were half price too and free delivery.

I've never had any problem with Ideal World although I don't order a lot from them The only time I've had to return something, because it was the wrong size, the refund was back in my bank much quicker than refunds from QVC are. Their delivery seems quicker on average too.

I ordered the GTech AirRam Mark II from IW on Sunday afternoon because it was the cheapest price I could find online. It arrived this morning and the P&P was free.

Latest posts

Back