Maserati watches

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
I have rarely seen such an ugly watch as a black one they have just displayed for a snip of a price - only £120! It looked really cheap and ugly, and you could easily get a better-looking watch for £10 or less from a market stall. I also noticed that with the previous watch, which was about £170 in price, they displayed the details with the word "Gold" on a line on its' own. To anyone looking at the screen, it looked to all intents and purposes that they were claiming the watch was gold, or had gold in it. There was a gold coloured trim on the metal strap, but I doubt this was actual gold and I didn't hear Shaun claim it was, but the on-screen description looked misleading - surely they should put something like "Gold colour" or "Gold coloured metal" if it is not real gold?

The word 'Gold' on its own often appears in Ideal World product descriptions with no hint of further description or disclaimer, and becomes glaringly obvious when they're selling an expensive watch, especially if it's £1000+ which you would expect to have real gold plating as a bare minimum.

Would anyone seriously buy a £1000+ watch with no clarification as to what 'Gold' actually means?

I have rarely seen such an ugly watch as a black one they have just displayed for a snip of a price - only £120! It looked really cheap and ugly, and you could easily get a better-looking watch for £10 or less from a market stall. I also noticed that with the previous watch, which was about £170 in price, they displayed the details with the word "Gold" on a line on its' own. To anyone looking at the screen, it looked to all intents and purposes that they were claiming the watch was gold, or had gold in it. There was a gold coloured trim on the metal strap, but I doubt this was actual gold and I didn't hear Shaun claim it was, but the on-screen description looked misleading - surely they should put something like "Gold colour" or "Gold coloured metal" if it is not real gold?

Are you suggesting that Shaun was being ambigious with the description of the watch and "gold"? He wouldn't do that would he, he is very good to his mother and is a very nice man.

PS can you sense any sarcasm in the above statement?

Of course, I'd forgotten! He would never do anything Mam wouldn't like, would he? :mysmilie_17:

Are you suggesting that Shaun was being ambigious with the description of the watch and "gold"? He wouldn't do that would he, he is very good to his mother and is a very nice man.

PS can you sense any sarcasm in the above statement?

He did look a bit scruffy and his strong accent doesn't help - I couldn't understand one half of what he said, but Shaun made up for it, by rambling on non-stop telling us what a "bargain" we were getting (until the next watch brand hour, that is).

The guest, with his little pointy stick, always looks/sounds like he's just rolled out the pub

The guest, with his little pointy stick, always looks/sounds like he's just rolled out the pub

He does seem to be a little too relaxed, and there's just a touch of the Rab C Nesbitt about him. That said, I don't think you're allowed to present on Ideal World without some obvious peculiarity.

Latest posts

Back