Yankee

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lee

Registered Shopper
Hey guys,

I'm a total sucker for Yankee and spend far too much on them. As a 28 year old i should really be spending my cash on booze lol

I picked up a nice bundle on QVC last month, normally a bundle will last me 4-5 weeks. Only buy Votive's & tea lights as not at home long enough to burn jars. But i have a question.....

I have just picked up 48 Votive's from another company, not QVC (wont name as not sure if it's classed as advertising), for £39.19 including delivery. Which makes them less than £1 each.

Have i got a good deal please? I think I have, but want to make sure before i start feeling 'too' proud of myself lol :)

Last edited:
See how they burn and report back! I have disappointed by cheap candles, sometimes fragrance disappoints or does not last. Interested how you get on....

Does anyone find that certain colours of Yankee don't burn as well? I have a red one which is struggling even with a lumina lid and a container....

Does anyone find that certain colours of Yankee don't burn as well? I have a red one which is struggling even with a lumina lid and a container....

Yes, for me it's pretty much any of the darker coloured candles, they seem to have a mind of their own, but I've never had any problems with lighter-coloured candles. No idea if there's any science to this mind.

Lee, if they are YC votives from another company, that sounds like a good price to me.

I agree the colour can affect the burn, mad as that sounds! Over Xmas I struggled with a red one. Recently Pain Au Raisin was a real Pain Au Butt. That is a beigy colour but as it burned it turned quite a dark brown and the burn got worse. But it isn't all red and brown candles so I question whether they always get the wick right. Currently Bundle Up is giving a very good burn, great flame and no residue, and that is very dark green.

Longing to know the TSV AD options.....

:mysmilie_59:

Lee, if they are YC votives from another company, that sounds like a good price to me.

I agree the colour can affect the burn, mad as that sounds! Over Xmas I struggled with a red one. Recently Pain Au Raisin was a real Pain Au Butt. That is a beigy colour but as it burned it turned quite a dark brown and the burn got worse. But it isn't all red and brown candles so I question whether they always get the wick right. Currently Bundle Up is giving a very good burn, great flame and no residue, and that is very dark green.

Longing to know the TSV AD options.....

:mysmilie_59:

Ha ha. I am going to use that expression "in the real world", so thanks for that, Mazza!

I had a bit of a problem with PAR also. However, I'm getting a great burn/pool with Rhubarb Crumble at the moment (not much smell, mind!). It's quite a dark red. The worst one for tunnelling for me in the past year was a Vanilla Lime large jar. I've still got chunks of inch-and-a-half-thick Vanilla Lime which I gave up on and chiselled out after calling it a day.

Sounds like a good price to me, too, but Mazza is the Yankee oracle. :nod: You might even find that they're better if they're older stock, as the quality of YC votives seems to have become a bit more variable, whereas they always used to be excellent. Hope you enjoy them, let us know how you get on.

Latest posts

Back