Fitness trackers....forget it!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Bought a small fitness tracker for myself and my husband for xmas, they were inexpensive, but a good brand nonetheless, I set mine up first. There were no instructions in the box (annoying) it was all online. I downloaded the app, but I found it really complicated to use and the website didn't really explain how to use it properly..it was a little clip on device, couldn't get to grips with it. So I bought another cheapy from the highstreet one worn on the wrist, the catch was awkward and kept popping off, again no proper instructions in box but tried it and it was a little bit more understandable, used it for a couple of days but found that the data was totally inaccurate eg, telling me that I'd slept for 4 hours when I know it was at least 7! Decided that I'd try a proper fitbit product, ok a clip on one, just got it today, and lo and behold it's even more complicated that the first one, again no written instructions. Dowloaded the app, couldn't make head nor tail of it...and I'm sending it back! I don't think I'll bother!

I tried a sleep tracker and found it useless.

Although I'm awake a lot during the night, I use a Kindle with a light cover, sleep on my side and just have to click the button with my finger to turn the page. That means I'm not moving enough for the tracker to pick up.

I obviously don't want to be awake and bought the kindle as I was conscious of falling asleep with the light on and wasting electricity. The kindle and light shuts off if I don't click it so I can relax enough to drop off.

I'd love to know how often I wake up and how long I'm actually awake, but there you go. I'm certainly not going to thrash around in bed in an effort to make it register.

Latest posts

Back