Bit fed up with...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Carol "telling off" the punters
:(

Also pulling auctions at the Coloured Rocks price, and complaining that no-one came in... Well why would anyone request something to go in the auction, rather than just buying it direct from CR?

Must admit, I watched yesterday during the day when Steve was on, turned off at 6, because I don't want to be patronised or lectured if I don't chose to buy. Emma and Barry pull items and gently remind us what good prices the pieces are without going OTT.

:doggie:

Completely agree. The way she "tells off" people in chat is inexcusable and unprofessional. If she reads the chat then she should read it in context. I have NEVER seen a presenter treat potential customers the way she does. Her patronising and arrogant attitude is disgraceful and a million miles away from the rest of the Rocks team. Perhaps she needs to learn from those who do it right i.e. Tony, Katherine, Steve, Barry etc etc.

She's also sailing VERY close to the wind by talking about how much she thinks items will be valued for i.e. Rocks RRP. She even went so far as to say that she's never heard of an item being valued at less than the Rocks RRP when somebody in chat was saying that a number of their items had been. Perhaps a lesson in what she can/can't say legally might be in order otherwise she's going to land the Bennetts very firmly in hot water.

She's an absolute horror, very unpleasant to watch and listen to. :mad: She certainly doesn't encourage me to buy, quite the opposite in fact, and she's just the sort of gobby cow you'd want to slap irl if she spoke to you in that manner. :pOKE: Instead of her pulling items, perhaps Rocks should pull her before she pi$$es off too many more potential buyers. :rolleyes: :pPC:

She mentioned yesterday that the Tanzanite Reversible ring was at the lowest price EVER and that it had NEVER gone for less. It was at over £200 and I know full well that it has gone for far less. I know that because I have been at Rocks right from the get go, but any newbies don't have the benefit of that and may genuinely think that it has never gone for less.

Agree with Meeshoo, maybe a lesson in 'things you can say' is in order, because if I had bought that ring having been told it had never gone lower and then spoke to someone who got if for over £70 less, I would be unimpressed to say the least!

I bought that ring for less than £200 and I've seen it go on at least 3 different occasions below £200. She's an absolute liability.

Agree 100% with you all.

Since Rocks started, with the extended hours, I've been watching from 12 00 noon, when able, (as you know I love Steve's style of presenting :lol) - also have no probs with Barry, Emma and thought Jamie was fun yesterday - got a great bargain from him, by mistake!

Carol I'm afraid does make me walk away - a lot of the time when she is on I have the sound muted but I can still "feel her" having a bit of a go, sometimes, and I'm afraid it does put me right off.

For instance if I know Steve is going to be on, I'll do my utmost to watch as much as I can - if Carol is on, I'll tend to only bother if there is NOTHING else to do.

I loved Carol at the beginning, when Rocks was in the early couple of weeks (I have never watched ANY jewellery show or channel before) but lately her school marm mode with some of the chatters (I saw the posts from someone saying about the reduced prices on Coloured Rocks being the same as Rocks TV) and her attitude to those comments and it wasn't good - as well as quite a few pulled items.
I haven't got a problem with the items being pulled, obviously, we don't expect Rocks to sell at a big loss - honestly - but chill about it Carol - don't tell off your potential buyers when they don't come in for an expensive piece - we don't all have unlimited amounts of money!

I think it was at £214, or somewhere around there anyway. Just rediculous really. Surely it is going to get not just her, but the whole company in hot water if she carries on saying things like that.

Agree 100% with you all.

Since Rocks started, with the extended hours, I've been watching from 12 00 noon, when able, (as you know I love Steve's style of presenting :lol) - also have no probs with Barry, Emma and thought Jamie was fun yesterday - got a great bargain from him, by mistake!

Carol I'm afraid does make me walk away - a lot of the time when she is on I have the sound muted but I can still "feel her" having a bit of a go, sometimes, and I'm afraid it does put me right off.

For instance if I know Steve is going to be on, I'll do my utmost to watch as much as I can - if Carol is on, I'll tend to only bother if there is nothing else to do.

I loved Carol at the beginning, when Rocks was in the early couple of weeks (I have never watched ANY jewellery show or channel before) but lately her school marm mode with some of the chatters (I saw the posts from someone saying about the reduced prices on Coloured Rocks being the same as Rocks TV) and her attitude to those comments and it wasn't good - as well as quite a few pulled items.
I haven't got a problem with the items being pulled, obviously, we don't expect Rocks to sell at a big loss - honestly - but chill about it Carol - don't tell off your potential buyers when they don't come in for an expensive piece - we don't all have unlimited amounts of money!

Jamie very much reminds me of the Carol we used to know. Endless energy, a lot of fun, and really seeming to enjoy themself. It seems that some of that initial fizz is missing now.

With regard to the high end items, I agree entirely. Those pieces are beautiful and really great to see on screen, we can all sit and dream for a moment, but when we are all saying in the chat how poor we currently are, is it really fair to chastise us for not spending the mortgage money on these pieces?

I have to agree. Last night was awful. She kept pulling items and the attitude seems to be 'well if you don't want to buy at the price I want, then it's your tough luck'. It's one of indifference. On the rare occasions she puts more than one item in the auction and you do wait for the price to fall and are lucky enough to win the item it's as if you are a cheapskate or as she puts it a 'cheeky monkey'. I'm not sure if that's what is intended but that's how it comes across. Unlike the other presenters (e.g. Steve) who congratulate you for being 'canny' (even though it must hurt) she seems to think you are being cheap. I don't like it at all.:mad:

i can't watch when Carol is on...

we KNOW they read the forum & they have responded quickly on other issues & actually posted their replies.

this is at least the 2nd thread about this particular issue, have they posted anything yet in response?

i appreciate they aren't going to go into detail about anything, but it might be nice to know they are actually listening...

Hi guys,

Yes we are listening and taking everything on board

Best Regards

Sarah

Just like to say I like Carol presenting, I think she can be quite funny! I thought yesterday afternoon was very, very slow with not many auctions happening when Steve and Jamie were on!

Carol used to be my favourite. Like I said, towards the end of his time yesterday, Jamie reminded me of old Carol.

Its the chastising I don't like, and the incorrect promises about prices.

If she was just like Old Carol again - the Carol from the out takes, the slightly loopy, full of energy, really good laugh - I would be really happy to watch her again!

Must admit, I watched yesterday during the day when Steve was on, turned off at 6, because I don't want to be patronised or lectured if I don't chose to buy. Emma and Barry pull items and gently remind us what good prices the pieces are without going OTT.

:doggie:

Totally agree! I'm getting heartily sick of being told what she thinks we should be buying. Was also a little peeved with Steve going on about how much they've spent on advertising...that's an expected costing for a new company...maybe it's just me, but it sounded more like a sob ploy.
Lx

Personally I dont mind Carol at all I prefer Barry cause he makes me laugh and I really like Steve new guy Jamie is fun as well . I like a variety of presenting styles

I dont mind watching her but I don't watch much after 7 and as she comes on at 6 I havnt seen much of her lately.
carol love, you just need to tone it down a bit. I hope if you read these posts you arnt upset by them.

I'm sorry but I hope she does read these posts because she's upset a number of people and needs to be aware of it. If she isn't aware she'll continue alienating customers.

I Think if Carol has read this & previous threads that she cant help but be upset. I would be. Some of the things posted here, and comments that are made in the chatbox are becoming pretty personal and verging on offensive. Is that really neccessary?

We are all human, and all adults. I'm sure we are all capable of getting a point across tactfully. Lets not forget she is only trying to do a job, and when she is on form, she is great fun.

Personally, I actually agree with SOME of the things mentioned regarding Carols attitude at times, but if it goes too over the top, then I just mute or stop watching. (lil 'x' top right if page works wonders')

Either way, personal & offensive comments dont exactly help, and after reading all this, can you blame her for becoming over sensitive, more abrasive & perhaps not seeing the funny side of some comments as much as she used to?

Give the girl a break, and maybe she'll chill out a bit more and revert back to the Carol we knew.

Latest posts

Back