Jewellery Alterations (not re-sizing!) Question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sara

Registered Shopper

I don't wear earrings (too much of a coward to get my ears pierced! :blush) but I wondered if it's possible to get some earrings turned in to a pendant(s) - I know it will depend on the fastening, maybe?
So the fastening would have to be removed and a bale popped on.

There are a pair of marcasite earrings (the heart ones) and I thought they would make two fab pendants - I've seen others as well, more marcasite, naturally! :lol

What do you experienced rockaholics think - possible or not?
Would have to be a reasonable cost though.

(I thought of asking Stanleys/Regency)

I've no idea Sara, but when I wanted a Gems pendant turned into a ring I just rang up Outwork and they looked at the weblink and said it would be easy. Did a great job at a good price too. I suggest contacting your chosen company who will be able to advise you accurately.

I'd certainly email them Sara or perhaps there is a small independent jeweller who could do it for you locally.

Getting your ears pierced is not really that bad you know, and just think how much more bling you could buy! ;)

Getting your ears pierced is not really that bad you know, and just think how much more bling you could buy! ;)

About a year ago I was diagnosed with a rare form of glaucoma, as a result of which I had to have holes made in my irises with a laser... and even THAT wasn't all that bad (honest).

Thank you ladies - ear-piercing just isn't me (even though I have had blood taken, every two weeks, for years which doesn't bother me in the slightest! :lol)

Anyway, could you please let me know what the fastening on these two pairs of earrings is called (think they are both the same?) - is it post? (don't laugh if I'm wrong!)

marcearrings.jpg
marcearrings1.jpg

About a year ago I was diagnosed with a rare form of glaucoma, as a result of which I had to have holes made in my irises with a laser... and even THAT wasn't all that bad (honest).

The thought of laser eye surgery makes me *shudder* as well MM - wish it didn't though as I'd love to get my eye sight corrected.

Post and butterfly fittings, as far as I can make out Sara. Unfortunately, the CR site doesn't say, but I'm sure some forum member may possibly have bought these styles. :54:

I've got the first pair coming tomorrow Sara, along with the matching necklace, (I've already got the bracelet, and it was getting lonely:11:)

:doggie:

I've got the first pair coming tomorrow Sara, along with the matching necklace, (I've already got the bracelet, and it was getting lonely:11:)

Hope you love them both M4G. :biggrin

(could you let me know, when you get the earrings, if you think there is enough room to put a bale on the back, please?)

Of course Sara, as soon as I've ripped open the package and checked that it's all there:thumbup:

:doggie:

I've no idea Sara, but when I wanted a Gems pendant turned into a ring I just rang up Outwork and they looked at the weblink and said it would be easy. Did a great job at a good price too. I suggest contacting your chosen company who will be able to advise you accurately.

Give us that ring Anne.....:D

Sara

I have the earrings in the first picture (and can confirm they are definitely posts).

I think it would be relatively easy to turn them into a pendant. You would simply need the posts removing and soldering a bale behind the very top of the earring. I haven't seen the heart ones but I'm pretty sure from the picture the same could be done. My only hesitation is whether the heat needed to apply the bale to the rear might do anything to the jeweller's cement holding the marcasite in at the front. Why don't you give one of the jewellers a call and see if that would be an issue?

HTH

Latest posts

Back