I wish Rocks would standardise the rules!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

wibblypig

Registered Shopper
Whilst these comps are a welcome bonus to us shoppers I really wish they would standardise the rules of them.

Today Emma did a comp and the person that won was clearly not there!!! That person still won despite the whole room telling Emma if they didn't say hello they couldn't win. Emma's response was that all she asks is they are logged on! well we can all do that then all day and all night!

Then tonight Barry went by the rules and because a person didn't say hello they re-did the comp and someone else won.

This is really not fair and I think a standard way of doing these comps needs to be used by ALL presenters. I don't know which way it should be done but please choose one wayand stick to it.

To be honest I don't think it matters if one presenter has one way of doing things and another has their own way - after all they do NOT have to give us FREE items, do they?!

Personally I think it's really good that there are any giveaways at all.

(this is coming from someone who has been with Rocks since the very beginning and has never won a single thing :lol)

I don't think it matters either. I can't participate in chat when I'm on my ipod, but I'm still there and buying!

Les x

Emma's still a newbie and she may not be aware of Barry and Carol's way of doing the comps, or she may still be a little unsure of herself and she's just forgotten.

I think we should count ourselves lucky that Rocks are doing giveaways.

To be honest I don't think it matters if one presenter has one way of doing things and another has their own way - after all they do NOT have to give us FREE items, do they?!

Personally I think it's really good that there are any giveaways at all.

(this is coming from someone who has been with Rocks since the very beginning and has never won a single thing :lol)

I agree that they don't have to give us the free stuff and stuck up for the comps last time they did them and everyone was complaining about the questions versus random and lag and typing fast etc etc etc I don't have a preference about format i just think that if its ok for one person to be logged in and not buying yet still winning the comps then it should be the same for all customers.

This is completely not relevant to me as I havn't won since i first joined rocks and i don't expect to win again as i've had my freebie and i'm chuffed to bits with it. I know people who havn't ever won like yourself and feel that everyone has a fairer chance of winning now under the random system but not if you can just stay logged in all day and not even purchase with Rocks.

Just my opinion i don't expect people to always agree.

I saw this afternoon and quite honestly Emma was free to run the freebie giveaways however she liked. Had Steve actually stipulated that all presenters must follow certain rules then I am sure Emma would have stuck to the rules but if Steve hasn't done so then Emma and the others ar free to run it as they like.

I think it must be a very new rule tbh because I received what I assume are two comp prizes today, not an expert on Rocks delivery but I assume I must have won them Thurs/Fri and I didn't have to say Hi in the chatbox.

Sure they will all be singling from the same hymn sheet soon.

Don't think it would be economically viable to keep the puter logged into rocks for 12 hours a day for months on end to just win a prize.

who was it who won and didnt reply , hope it wasnt me had dreadful problems with the site tonit , freezing no sound then no vision

I usually have the sound, the chat and the streaming turned off and only come in when I see an item I like from the picture.

So I'd be there but not hear if I won :lol1:.

Still, I think it's nice of them to do it.

Wibblypig i know exactly what you are saying i was watching yesterday and steve was presenting and he was very clear that he was'nt going to let anyone win unless they came in the chat and say hello but now today Emma dismissed people telling her this and had the atitude that she was running the show so it didnt matter what had been said by the boss the day before
A clear case again of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing
I did'nt hang around very long i find her so slow it was like watching paint dry

It was Zazab.........I think Sazza

S'ok Brenny........and breathe.....:D

I think it is a good idea for the presenters to ask the winner to say hello/thank you in chat. Barry was generous as he gave GG 10 minutes to come in chat before selecting another name. Hope all presenters sing from the same hymn sheet and expect all winners to somehow say thanks or hello.

I can't chat when I am on mac but can still come on help live and ask CS to post message!

I think it is a good idea for the presenters to ask the winner to say hello/thank you in chat. Barry was generous as he gave GG 10 minutes to come in chat before selecting another name. Hope all presenters sing from the same hymn sheet and expect all winners to somehow say thanks or hello.

I can't chat when I am on mac but can still come on help live and ask CS to post message!

That's a good idea BH, with all the techy problems they are having I should think a fair number of folks could be
logged in and watching, but can't join in the chat for one reason or another.

Firefox seems to dislike it in my case even though I am logged in and buying! mysmilie_1476

The idea of having to be around to claim your prize is obviously that if you're watching, you're more likely to buy something...They're not going to give away stuff to people who just log on for the chance of getting something for nothing and go and do something else...

So I think it's a sound idea from a business point of view. Possibly Emma just didn't realise the way it works, or no-one explained it to her - it's not after all, the main focus of Rocks trading! (There must be a million things to remember.) She was caught on the hop when everyone protested and had to hold her corner.

I agree the rules should be consistent, but it is after al, only a freebie...

BTW have you noticed it's not the usual Rocks stuff that's given away - the prize items don't come up in the auctions...

Latest posts

Back