Beware!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mr jones

Tired and old
The site was whirring away tonight taking it's time loading when a silver man's ring with white topaz came up. I had no chat window but the studio picture ands sound was live etc and I clicked on buy but missed out. The next item was a similar ring but with emerald (which I have). To my horror after a minute or two I was given the emerald ring as my "buy" click had obviously carried over to the next item!

I have emailed Gems as live help suggested ( I think they didn't understand this and I can't blame them) and await a reply but this blasted lag and slow up of my computer after loading Rocks is a dire pain and now has cost me an item I wanted and given me a purchase I didn't want!

The lesson learned is don't click on Buy if all the page hasn't loaded as you could end up in bother. Oh and me basket is full now too.

Last edited:

Mr Jones that happened to someone the other evening, while I watching - they spoke to Live Help (they shouted help a bit in chat first) and got it removed almost straight away - so don't fret. :smile

(Katherine was on that evening in Live Help - don't think she is around this evening?)

Mr Jones that happened to someone the other evening, while I watching - they spoke to Live Help (they shouted help a bit in chat first) and got it removed almost straight away - so don't fret. :smile

(Katherine was on that evening in Live Help - don't think she is around this evening?)

Thanks Sara I know it'll get sorted but this lag and grinding slowdown effect the site has on both IE and Firefox is a right pain and doesn't seem to be sorted .

oh no mr Jones....can they take it out of your basket do you think?

I went on live chat but Lynsey said I had to contact one Andrew Smith by E mail. I have done this and I suspect he's a Techy. Still leaves me with a full basket but I'm sure it'll get sorted. Seems it has happened before though and could happen again.

I went on live chat but Lynsey said I had to contact one Andrew Smith by E mail. I have done this and I suspect he's a Techy. Still leaves me with a full basket but I'm sure it'll get sorted. Seems it has happened before though and could happen again.

eeek...will bear that in mind next time my page takes ages to load thanks for the heads up

The site was whirring away tonight taking it's time loading when a silver man's ring with white topaz came up. I had no chat window but the studio picture ands sound was live etc and I clicked on buy but missed out. The next item was a similar ring but with emerald (which I have). To my horror after a minute or two I was given the emerald ring as my "buy" click had obviously carried over to the next item!

I have emailed Gems as live help suggested ( I think they didn't understand this and I can't blame them) and await a reply but this blasted lag and slow up of my computer after loading Rocks is a dire pain and now has cost me an item I wanted and given me a purchase I didn't want!

The lesson learned is don't click on Buy if all the page hasn't loaded as you could end up in bother. Oh and me basket is full now too.

Ignore my freudian slip I meant Rocks :54:

Ignore my freudian slip I meant Rocks :54:

:lol1:, it's good they sorted you out. They are good like that, but I agree that the lag is a pain and has already lost me an item I wanted. But there you go, better luck next time hopefully.

Yep, I saw your name come up as a buyer for the Emerald SS ring Mr Jones, weren't you 2nd out of three? I was watching as I got this ring yesterday for OH and was comparing prices! (They were the same...thank goodness).

I missed out on a very inexpensive pearl necklace tonight, listening to the commentary instead of looking at the bids....the commentary was lagging waaayyy behind!

Btw thought the first gents ring had a white Zircon in it....from Columbia?

The whole lag thing mystifies me. When I first log onto Rocks there is no problem at all, then after a couple of hours it makes Shopping Telly take (just checked) 18 seconds to load a page and typing posts takes forever, it's like treacle. I also get to the point where the piccies on Rocks are two behind the auction.

Maybe its my puter, but doesn't seem to occur with any other site. This never used to happen, just in the last six weeks or so.

Julie - what you describe hs always happened to me - well since they went to the new system, so it can't be both our pc's.
Also, when I leave Rocks' website my internet explorer (IE) is still active (my firewall tells me lol) I have to shut down IE wait a bit & load it up again & then its ok
it is all very strange

eek that sounds like a nightmare, bidding on one thing and ending up with another :eek: Glad they sorted it.

Yep, I saw your name come up as a buyer for the Emerald SS ring Mr Jones, weren't you 2nd out of three? I was watching as I got this ring yesterday for OH and was comparing prices! (They were the same...thank goodness).

I missed out on a very inexpensive pearl necklace tonight, listening to the commentary instead of looking at the bids....the commentary was lagging waaayyy behind!

Btw thought the first gents ring had a white Zircon in it....from Columbia?

Yes you are right it I think it was zircon lol Got me self in a fankle I did after being a lucky bidder in an auction i never wanted to be in :11:.

Same thing happened to me tonight. I was told that I should email Tony and cc Andrew (who is their tech guy). I'm left with a basket with 7 items in it.....2 in stock, 4 with "we can't locate stock" and 1 showing the mysterious price of £0!! I was told to try to check out what I could but kept getting taken to a blank white screen!!! Arghhh!!!

The whole lag thing mystifies me. When I first log onto Rocks there is no problem at all, then after a couple of hours it makes Shopping Telly take (just checked) 18 seconds to load a page and typing posts takes forever, it's like treacle. I also get to the point where the piccies on Rocks are two behind the auction.

Maybe its my puter, but doesn't seem to occur with any other site. This never used to happen, just in the last six weeks or so.

Julie I have had so many problems since I started frequenting Rocks! I love Rocks but really do think the gremlins in their system are playing havoc with my pooter. Time to sort it out Rocks people!!

It was probably me that you saw it happening to the other night - I was just pipped by argey bidding on the marcasite/pearl brooch for £21, then found my name came up in the next auction, for £181!!! I yelled in panic and Carol asked them to remove it from my basket.

The site is fine sometimes, then others it's a nightmare - chat won't send, time lags, freezes so I have to re-boot, (f5 only works sometimes, and then it's very slow) you name it...It's only the Rocks site - others are fine.

It's going to put people off if they don't sort it - it's slow enough with the new auction system, without all the techie gremlins too...

have you all noticed (unless its just me) that all of the gremlins usually happen at night? I never watch telly during the day so quite often put rocks on here while I wander around doing stuff, never have any problem whatsoever, even going on st at the same time, then evening comes and THUD it slows down to a standstill, IF I can get logged in and st pages take an age to load etc. but not during the day, its bizarre and I expect infuriating them as they have got to be losing customers (ie people who cannot get logged in at night)

have you all noticed (unless its just me) that all of the gremlins usually happen at night? I never watch telly during the day so quite often put rocks on here while I wander around doing stuff, never have any problem whatsoever, even going on st at the same time, then evening comes and THUD it slows down to a standstill, IF I can get logged in and st pages take an age to load etc. but not during the day, its bizarre and I expect infuriating them as they have got to be losing customers (ie people who cannot get logged in at night)

no its not just you,i dont join inthe rocks chat much as by the time ive logged in and said hi , it goes like mad,so slow and sluggish, keeps crashing that you can hear cogs grinding, it takes an age to reboot that i loose the will after a while, as for getting what you want i have and done my pressies but im getting fed up with the items being out of stock all the time , the one that upset me the most was my moldavite ring,have been after that since the
start and was chuffed to get it only to find no stock when i went to check out......ive loved rocks even spent an afternoon there but fedup with the gremlins or whatever it is as ive lost 7 items so far.......oh well

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that we're working on these issues. The descriptions that you have put in this thread have been very useful and have given us a good indication of where the problem lies.

We hope to get both the lag issue and any basket problems sorted very soon. In the meantime, please feel free to email me directly at [email protected]. If you do have problems, it would be very helpful to know the exact browser version you are using.

Kind regards

John

As I've mentioned several times before John, I have had problems with the site ever since the change in format.

My son came over at the weekend, and I asked him to check it out for me (he works in IT). After checking both computers and our internet connection, he says the problem is definitely your end as every other site loads without problems.

The problems (at least for me) definitely seems to be worse in IE (lastest version), but I do also get prolems in Firefox.

The message I get is that your site is taking too long to respond, and therefore the connection gets timed out.

Like Mr Jones, I often only get part of the page loading, at times I may have the presenter and the chatbox, and no buying info., or the chatbox and buying info. and no presenter, or any combination of the three, with the timed out connection message showing on part of the page.

It's extremely frustrating, and I too have missed out on items I really wanted, it took me forever to log in on Saturday afternoon, and as I had requested some marcasite earrings, was desperate not to miss them. After about 40 mins. the site responded quickly (relatively) enough for me to be able to log in, just as the earrings were aired, and I got them.

When the site is really busy, it's just a nightmare, and I often find myself so frustrated by the problems, I just log out for the sake of my sanity.

I have found that if I log in at noon, when there are less people logged on, it's not too bad, but after a couple of hours yesterday, the problems started again, and I logged off.

I do hope you can sort it, because I've decided that if I start getting problems, I'm not going to torture myself missing out on things, I'm just going to log off.

:doggie:

Latest posts

Back