Denby Comes to QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blimey that stoneware is heavy. Too heavy for the courier to lob over your fence? Let's hope so! :mysmilie_13:

Oh I hate big heavy mugs or cups. It`s like drinking tea from a clay plant pot.

Blimey! With some of the brands now, I'm just waiting for them to announce you can do your wedding list through QVC!

Back in the 1980s and 1990s when most of my friends were getting married, Denby was on most of the wedding lists...

If they don't have direct dispatch, I shudder to think how much chipped or even cracked or smashed china will be delivered by their overpriced cheapskate p&p methods.

love the halo range. oddly i bought 3 sets of some porcelain dinner sets many years ago from qvc. still using them but need a change plus lots broken. i need 12 of everything as i have a dishwasher. i will be asking for christmas money methinks

This won't interest me at all, since I have never understood the attraction of this tableware.

I think there are other lovely and less heavy ones around that have been going for just as long.

This won't interest me at all, since I have never understood the attraction of this tableware.

I think there are other lovely and less heavy ones around that have been going for just as long.

Same here, Le Creuset the and Denby often appears on wedding lists and I've often thought there was a snobbery element attached to it, as half the time you know the couple in question mostly eat out and do little home cooking.

I just had a looksee and it is no p&p, I still wouldn't buy denby... I prefer china wares.

Denby do finer china as well now.

However buying direct from Denby is a much better option, they have lots of offers and this weekend they have a really good one on.

I've been using Denby "Midnight" for years, I love their stuff - hope I'm not a snob though ;) - and it's still going strong! I decided to buy some new breakfast plates recently, also from the Denby rangy, but from my local Original Factory Shop, for the princely sum of £3 each! Not sure what QVC are going to bring to the table to beat buying from the DHS or direct.

I`ve been in their outlet at Freeport in Fleetwood. They always seem to have lots of choice. I can`t comment on their prices because I wasn`t really taking much notice, it was just another shop to me.

i like everything to match so every 8/10 years i throw away all the odd crockery and buy totally matching sets to match the current kitchen colour. i buy a dozen of each item so that way if i have breakages i am still covered.

i like everything to match so every 8/10 years i throw away all the odd crockery and buy totally matching sets to match the current kitchen colour. i buy a dozen of each item so that way if i have breakages i am still covered.
Wow! We, being cheapskates, just use white porcelain, goes with everything and easily replaced at Sainsburys or similar!

I have been using a Denby Fire set as my day to day service for about 8 years - no chips etc.

Have the Blue Imperial set as a formal service about 10 years old - no chips etc.

Have some 70s Denby soup bowls with lids - used weekly - no chips etc.

BUT... bought the newish Halo range as a breakfast set - chips within two months.... so, beware, the Halo range is nowhere near as robust as the traditional older stuff and we are not that tough on how we use them.

Wow! We, being cheapskates, just use white porcelain, goes with everything and easily replaced at Sainsburys or similar!

i like different sets/designs though :mysmilie_50: its a big indulgence but only done after many years of use and i don't like odd bits lol

Latest posts

Back