Muk Luk fur-trimmed socks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Katy has just suggested these as a stocking filler (don't suppose her pun was intended !). At £12 plus £2.95 p&p I don't consider them stocking fillers. Am I being mean with my Christmas shopping ?

I suppose who ever you gave it to would consider it a stocking filler, because you can buy similar elsewhere for a fiver, so if they don't watch QVC or have never seen them on the telly, they wouldn't know you've paid £16 for them.

Katy has just suggested these as a stocking filler (don't suppose her pun was intended !). At £12 plus £2.95 p&p I don't consider them stocking fillers. Am I being mean with my Christmas shopping ?

No, you're not being mean at all! I definitely wouldn't consider something that cost £15 (the price plus actually getting hold of the thing) a stocking filler price! To me, stocking fillers are cheap and cheerful, intended to keep the recipient (typically a child!) occupied until they get their proper present/s. Just because it fits in a stocking doesn't make it a stocking filler!! It'll be the Dyson hairdryer as a stocking filler next - there is bound to be a stocking you can buy big enough to stuff that into...

I'm not a big lover of stockings as no matter how clever you are at hunting out bargains it still amounts to a fair bit for each stocking, only for them to be chucked in the corner by most people. I would rather put the money into (or add to) a proper present.

Not for children of course.

To me a stocking filler would cost less than a fiver!! £15.00 or more would be a main present in my eyes. I won't be buying any stocking fillers or gifts from QVC. I will buy in shops where I can get 3for 2 and earn loyalty points. I try + buy when sales are on if I can. I got a lovely Yankee melt warmer with melts for a fiver which is earmarked for a family member. The other weekend my local Fat Face store were selling their jewellery off, necklaces + bracelets were £2 and earrings were £1. I really stocked up and have got some beautiful sets to give at Christmas.

I'm not a big lover of stockings as no matter how clever you are at hunting out bargains it still amounts to a fair bit for each stocking, only for them to be chucked in the corner by most people. I would rather put the money into (or add to) a proper present.

Not for children of course.

I don't bother with stocking fillers, it's enough dealing with just one Christmas present per family member. My grandchildren have stockings but that is their parents responsibility. Are presenters getting more and more irritating or is it just my age?

I don't bother with stocking fillers, it's enough dealing with just one Christmas present per family member. My grandchildren have stockings but that is their parents responsibility. Are presenters getting more and more irritating or is it just my age?

No presenters are getting more irritating.

No I don't think you are being mean.

I don`t do stocking fillers full stop. My grandkids get their main presents off me and the adults I buy for get one gift apiece. Stocking fillers are for kids IMO and the pound shop is an ideal hunting ground for cheap and cheerful bits but we don`t do stockings in our family even for children.

She also brought up the discount for new customers quickly followed by saying there was always special deals for everyone else!! I must have been missing all these !!

Last edited by a moderator:
stocking filers for the tiny kids in the family as stockings do look cute. but three stockings would not cost me £10 to fill and that includes the stockings.

No you're not being mean, you're just saying what any normal person would say. Sometimes I think the QVC presenters and guests are living in some weird parallel universe, gifting Yankee candles to all and sundry, L'Occitane soaps to the woman at the checkout and gifting hampers to the postman etc. I would so love to gain access to QVC to really find out what goes on there. I bet they have a lot of fun!

Me and the husband don't bother buying stocking fillers, I think that term was coined for anything under a fiver, but we all know QVC, they always add 40% on, then some. Me and the husband ask what our sons would like, which to be honest is like pulling teeth because now they're grown up with families of their own, they can't really think of anything, so once that's prized out of them, we then also buy them some surprises, then some joke or novelty gifts, I always know what their wives and our grandkiddies would like, and that ain't no mass produced, Chinese made for a couple of quid then sold for £16, pair of fluffy socks.

Latest posts

Back