Not Overly Impressed TJC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

F

Fruityloops

Guest Shopper
I bought a ring on Boxing Day last year which I sent off for their free resizing service.

Was wearing the ring happily until one day I felt a very sharp stabbing in my finger, to find that the gold shank had snapped and part of it had pierced my skin...hence the pain!

I telephoned Customer Services to be told that I should write a letter explaining the situation, enclosing the ring, and they would sort it out for me.

The ring was returned to them on 17th October. I telephoned yesterday and they told me, after a lengthy delay due to being placed "on hold", that they were "very busy" at the moment and they hadn't even sent it for repair yet, and that it would be at least a further 3 weeks until I would receive my ring back.

Not impressed TJC! SHUTUP

Last edited:
Sorry it's taking so long Fruityloops, but you're quite lucky they are even looking at it. Several of the channels only guarantee their jewellery for six months and after that you're on your own. Are they making you pay for the repair?

Was the ring made bigger Fruity? I only ask because if it was, it makes me wonder if it was stretched which has weakened the shank. I don't buy much from TJC, their rings are far too big for me and I can't be bothered with the faff of getting it altered. Still, as Jacqualina says, at least they've agreed to look at it for you, which perhaps some others wouldn't do after this time, although if the shank has been stretched, then it's their fault it's snapped.

My Mum has bought several rings from them, and their non-Iliana stuff does seem to have very thin shanks.

:doggie:

OOh thats not good hun, ive never bought anything fromtjc but i hope they get it sorted for you soon:10:

Yup, the ring was resized to make it larger. It does annoy me how thin they make it when they do this. I'd personally be happy to pay a small fee to have it made larger but not stretched so thin you could use it as cheese wire!

They aren't charging me - luckily - as if they were I would take my business elsewhere and I have purchased a lot of items from them, including ILIANA. I do agree with you, M4G, in that their non-ILIANA stuff is thin to start with, then if you want it made larger it borders on the ridiculous.

Will keep my fingers crossed that I get it back before Christmas.

Latest posts

Back