Is this the end of easy-pays?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Today's TSV is available on 3 EPs.

BUT if you pay in full instead, you will get £20 off!

Actually, you will be given a £20 QVC voucher).

So is that the end of interest free EPs, as it will now cost you £20?

http://www.qvcuk.com/Lenovo-Yoga-Bo...el-Atom-&-4GB-Ram.product.513250.html?sc=IROA

PS and I was interested to see the video of the "jukebox", but there isn't one. Who will pay over £200 for an item without seeing a video of it? That was the WHOLE POINT of telly selly, see before you buy.

I think it's just that the TSV is a more expensive one so even the first easy pay is about £100. Most TSVs would be a lot less than £100 so it wouldn't matter if you paid in full or not as you would still have to purchase an additional item or items to take your total spend over the £100/£200 to get the £10/£20 voucher.

Personally, I would welcome a discount for not using the EPs but I appreciate that some people cannot afford some items without the instalments (that's a whole other discussion). What I would like even more is to pay less and forgo the 30 day MBG as I never use it and would rather not subsidise the cost of it. I think a lot of people would be happy not to have the MBG for things they have tried before and know they like if they could get a few quid off or free P&P, say. When it's repeat purchases, the MBG is a bit useless as I see it.

I think it's just that the TSV is a more expensive one so even the first easy pay is about £100. Most TSVs would be a lot less than £100 so it wouldn't matter if you paid in full or not as you would still have to purchase an additional item or items to take your total spend over the £100/£200 to get the £10/£20 voucher.

Personally, I would welcome a discount for not using the EPs but I appreciate that some people cannot afford some items without the instalments (that's a whole other discussion). What I would like even more is to pay less and forgo the 30 day MBG as I never use it and would rather not subsidise the cost of it. I think a lot of people would be happy not to have the MBG for things they have tried before and know they like if they could get a few quid off or free P&P, say. When it's repeat purchases, the MBG is a bit useless as I see it.

i agree credit is never free there is always a cost also the 30 day mbg. qvc thanked me for using it as in all the years qvc have been on air i have been shopping and only used the 30 day mbg twice. its got to be totally terrible to send it back as i am very careful not to buy what don't really like or need. postage costs have gone down a bit but still way too high. and i find customer services getting more and more testy as qvc are trying to cut back on refunds and returns

I didn't know anything about discount vouchers, all I knew was at the start of the video, it said that if you don't want EP we'll give you a £20 voucher.

As I've said in the past, I don't watch Q any more, I just watch any videos that interest me (and the one I really want to watch on the "jukebox" is STLL not there, even on the later show).

i agree credit is never free there is always a cost also the 30 day mbg. qvc thanked me for using it as in all the years qvc have been on air i have been shopping and only used the 30 day mbg twice. its got to be totally terrible to send it back as i am very careful not to buy what don't really like or need. postage costs have gone down a bit but still way too high. and i find customer services getting more and more testy as qvc are trying to cut back on refunds and returns

Same here. I appreciate that the MBG can be useful and it's been a lucrative selling point for QVC but, like you, I'm cautious (in my case mean as I don't want to pay return postage). To repeat my earlier point, if you are buying something you've had before so you know you won't have a problem with it, why should you have to pay the extra that QVC build into the price to cover the cost of un-resellable returns which have been half used? Not forgetting, we know they send a lot of it out again so it's not such a loss to them!!

I didn't know anything about discount vouchers, all I knew was at the start of the video, it said that if you don't want EP we'll give you a £20 voucher.

As I've said in the past, I don't watch Q any more, I just watch any videos that interest me (and the one I really want to watch on the "jukebox" is STLL not there, even on the later show).

Ah, I see why you thought that then. But yes, the issue is that this weekend, if you spend a total of £200 at QVC, they send you a £20 discount (£10 for £100 spend) so they were pointing out that you will not make the higher spend threshold if you go for EPs.

http://www.qvcuk.com/content/vouchers/terms-and-conditions.html

As usual QVC has not thought this through. The reason they're excluding easy pays is (I assume) that the purchaser might only pay the first installment; get their voucher and use the discount but then prevent further installments (eg. cancelling a card). Or they just can't calculate how to do it! :mysmilie_13:

The buyer still may wriggle out of the later payments by returning the item. But the offer's T&Cs don't cover the extended Xmas period!

A new buyer orders the Lenovo TSV (maybe with a fiver off) keeps and uses it until Jan 25th 2018, uses the £20 voucher to buy something they want to keep. Return the Lenovo for a refund after Xmas and close the Q account. I can't see any provision in the £20 offer T&Cs that covers QVC's right to hold back £20 from a future refund of the qualifying purchase. If they tried I'd be onto my credit card company to cover the short fall.

I haven't watched any presentations today so may have got the wrong end of the stick--Is the £20 voucher to spend on your next order?Not quite the same as a £20 discount as you are tied into buying something else.I have used the MBG when I have ordered something then had second thoughts but now I try to engage 'Money No Go' guarantee (don't order in the first place)By the way is everything on the extended to end Jan MBG now?

http://www.qvcuk.com/Lenovo-Yoga-Bo...el-Atom-&-4GB-Ram.product.513250.html?sc=IROA

PS and I was interested to see the video of the "jukebox", but there isn't one. Who will pay over £200 for an item without seeing a video of it? That was the WHOLE POINT of telly selly, see before you buy.

EP is included in the offer

http://www.qvcuk.com/content/vouchers/terms-and-conditions.html

I've just phoned up to order the Lenovo and am paying on EP (I'd rather keep the money in my account if I can :mysmilie_19:)

My operator said I would still get the full £20 voucher. Seems it's more the presenters that are misleading people...

I haven't watched any presentations today so may have got the wrong end of the stick--Is the £20 voucher to spend on your next order?Not quite the same as a £20 discount as you are tied into buying something else.I have used the MBG when I have ordered something then had second thoughts but now I try to engage 'Money No Go' guarantee (don't order in the first place)By the way is everything on the extended to end Jan MBG now?

See my post #4 which explains why the offer was misleading if you no longer watch Q live, but just saw the video saying "if you don't use EP you can save £20" and also my post #12 below.

I think what it means is, depending on what you spend between 27th-30th determines what code you get, so I think what Fibby Flint meant whilst trying to punch you square between the eyes with her hard sell is, if you use the easy pay then with the p&p it'll take you over £100 in the four day time frame so you'll get a £10 code, were as is you paid in full then it'll take you over £200 entitling you to a £20 off code, trust Fibby to make it as complicated as possible, mind you from what I've read on their FB page, QVC are not even giving codes, they "accidentally on purpose" forget to issue them to most people, and customers end up having to chase them up.............but as we all know, QVC are tight fisted gits.

But unless you are au fait with the quirks of QVC, it doesn't alter their statement that "if you don't use easy pay you can save £20" which sent me rushing off to start this thread

But unless you are au fait with the quirks of QVC, it doesn't alter their statement that "if you don't use easy pay you can save £20" which sent me rushing off to start this thread

Yes that's true, If you're not aware of their life changing money off codes (QVC think they invented them) you'd be inclined to think that, she was just trying to be a smart arse.

Hope not as I won't be buying so much.

QVC may be chasing the "big brands" with some success, but they won't be getting those brands to bankroll the EPs the same way.

They did a direct saving for new customers very recently which could not be used with EPs. At a similar time they did a voucher if you spent over a certain amount in a short time period, to be used on a future purchase. This new offer is more of the same.

QVC are clearly researching what offers are the most effective at driving up purchasing quickly.

We all know that one of the reasons we are here is because we are frustrated by QVC's refusal to move with the times and do something with p&p in particular. If they can't deal with that, they won't arrest the decline in sales. Doesn't matter how many new shoppers they recruit, these shoppers will bag the bargain then return to their preferred shopping websites and shops, where they don't pay through the nose for a second rate postage service.

I think Ms Flint got it wrong though and I'd question what she said if anyone bought it, because, in my opinion, if you've paid an easy pay and it's over £100, but full price is over £200, you should get the £20 off.

Yes, this was asked yesterday on their Facebook page? As Sazza says even if you use easy pay and its with the offer period you will still get the £100 or £200 off your next order if you spend over either £200 or £100.

To be honest if they stopped easy pay they would lose 99% of their customers.

Latest posts

Back