Twist - the new buzz word

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Am I the only one who believes that 'twist' is the new 'in' word. Tarrant used it in the promo for Yong Kim "....... with a modern twist". Several guest presenters have jumped on the 'twist' bandwagon, and now Langsford is at it in her new promo ad. I'm all 'twisted' out, sorry.

QVC BUZZWORDING TAKES A NEW TWIST! Mind you, it's nice to have a new twist on things, whatever it might be. It could be that "little pop of colour coming through there" or that "subtle honeycomb details," or how about a sharkbite hem?

QVC are so transparent when they have had a workshop or a diktat to "shake things up" by boring us rigid with new buzzwords.

Invariably these snooze inducements are woven into the spiel for fashion, and normally because they are skating around the unpalatable truth that most of what they sell isn't fashionable at all, and highly unlikely to seduce the fast fashion brigade. So they tell you there's a twist, that it goes from desk to dinner, that you have a pop of colour, that [insert word here] is coming through, they singularise a plural, there is a vibe, it's bang on trend... what have I missed?

QVC are so transparent when they have had a workshop or a diktat to "shake things up" by boring us rigid with new buzzwords.

Invariably these snooze inducements are woven into the spiel for fashion, and normally because they are skating around the unpalatable truth that most of what they sell isn't fashionable at all, and highly unlikely to seduce the fast fashion brigade. So they tell you there's a twist, that it goes from desk to dinner, that you have a pop of colour, that [insert word here] is coming through, they singularise a plural, there is a vibe, it's bang on trend... what have I missed?

It always makes me laugh when they say: "You can team this up with a little pant!" Like it's going to leave you breathless? Frankly I doubt any of their turgid fashion offerings are going to have anyone panting.

And just what the heck does spaniel ears JK look like tonight!

Mr L , who is not known as a fashion guru, has just asked if she really really thinks that is a good look, bad when your average bloke thinks you are a laughing stock.

Not knowing the first thing about hair extensions I don't understand how false hair actually lengthens!!! The "natural" bit seems to be getting shorter and the extensions longer by the week. And as for the colour (mis) match, well words fail me.

Why anyone would pay good money for that look is beyond me.

JK’s rather orange face doesn’t ‘go’ with that hair, the colour of which defies my descriptive powers.

Another new buzzword is ‘channel’ or ‘channelling’. I don’t really know what they mean by it but I’ve been substituting it with the word ‘copy’ or ‘copying’ respectively every time it’s been said and it fits so far.

Not knowing the first thing about hair extensions I don't understand how false hair actually lengthens!!! The "natural" bit seems to be getting shorter and the extensions longer by the week. And as for the colour (mis) match, well words fail me.

Why anyone would pay good money for that look is beyond me.

I thought there was something wrong with the colour on our telly. There is such a difference to the colours.

JK has rather an odd look. She seems like someone that would have been in a sanitary towel advert in the 90s.

When she first arrived, she was probably the most elegant of the lot of them. But now, she's gone bonkers, as though its her last burst at youth. Clearly been influenced by Chuntley and Franks, she stands tweeny toed and pathetically acting 'girly', get a grip woman.

Jackie's hair has always been dreadful. Even before she had the extensions it always looked dead and over-processed. She needs to ditch the bleach for a while and go back to something like her real colour. The contrast with Amanda Wakeley's expensive barnet on the bags show tonight couldn't have been more noticeable. AW has a ridiculously processed face - full of filler and the 'tox, but has a great hairstylist and her mane looks in great condition (whatever the smoke and mirrors it took to get there).

Last edited:
Jackie's hair has always been dreadful. Even before she had the extensions it always looked dead and over-processed. She needs to ditch the bleach for a while and go back to something like her real colour. The contrast with Amanda Wakeley's expensive barnet on the bags show tonight couldn't have been more noticeable. AW has a ridiculously processed face - full of filler and the 'tox, but has a great hairstylist and her mane looks in great condition (whatever the smoke and mirrors it took to get there).

She looks like a paraffin lamp!

When she first arrived, she was probably the most elegant of the lot of them. But now, she's gone bonkers, as though its her last burst at youth. Clearly been influenced by Chuntley and Franks, she stands tweeny toed and pathetically acting 'girly', get a grip woman.

So true. Jackie the gabbler annoys me for all the reasons you gave & her condescending manner is awful. I wish she would understand that she is not doing us a favour she is trying to sell something.

Latest posts

Back