Rainbow cake kit

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree, imagine what you can buy from Asda when you factor in the real price of making these single portion cakes.

that means your paying £20 for a handful of flour, flavouring, colourings and the baking trays. hardly a bargain

I can't remember if they were selling this or the mug bakes kits but they suggested making it with children if they were just getting interested in cooking. I think it's better for children to learn how to use proper ingredients not packet mixes.

I can't remember if they were selling this or the mug bakes kits but they suggested making it with children if they were just getting interested in cooking. I think it's better for children to learn how to use proper ingredients not packet mixes.

exactly hardly a skill "just add water". i bake a lot sadly :mysmilie_5:

that means your paying £20 for a handful of flour, flavouring, colourings and the baking trays. hardly a bargain

Absolutely! Am I right in thinking the baking trays in this kit are just flimsy crimped tin foil ones, like you might get a "heat-at-home" apple pie from a supermarket in? If so, this is anything but a bargain as the "tins" will hardly be multi-use. They only showed them in a pile with other stuff, deliberately not picking them up to show a closer view, so I think people could be fooled into thinking they were getting regular aluminium sandwich tins?

By the way, currently on Lakeland, if you buy the food colourings kit for £19.99, you get a decent (ie not tin foil) set of layer cake tins worth £14.99 for free, both ideal for baking several proper rainbow cakes.

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/70606/Wilton®-Colour-Right-System-Food-Colourings-8-Pack

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/19499/Wilton®-Easy-Layer-15cm-Cake-Pan-Set

off to lakeland to get this set. what a fab offer.i have several birthdays over the next few months mostly for children (some adult children)i think this will make a pleasant change

off to lakeland to get this set. what a fab offer.i have several birthdays over the next few months mostly for children (some adult children)i think this will make a pleasant change

Oh great! I am pleased you like the look of it too! I bought a couple of packs of Easiyo which were (may still be?) on offer as well and got just over the £40 so free P&P. Very pleased with everything, although yet to actually try the colourings. They're Wilton, though, so good reputation.

Oh great! I am pleased you like the look of it too! I bought a couple of packs of Easiyo which were (may still be?) on offer as well and got just over the £40 so free P&P. Very pleased with everything, although yet to actually try the colourings. They're Wilton, though, so good reputation.

i use wilton pastes all the time special for red velvet cakes to get that rich red colour

i am going to admit i bought the brownie mug mix and eating it now

The QVC set? They have excellent reviews. I would have been tempted but I discovered the best brownies in the world (personal opinion!) when I used Nigella's recipe from her Domestic Goddess book a few years ago and now nothing comes close for me. Mind you, those are not cheap to make, even though they're easy. And you gain a pound for every sniff you take!

The QVC set? They have excellent reviews. I would have been tempted but I discovered the best brownies in the world (personal opinion!) when I used Nigella's recipe from her Domestic Goddess book a few years ago and now nothing comes close for me. Mind you, those are not cheap to make, even though they're easy. And you gain a pound for every sniff you take!

i will look up the recipe no one turns down brownies :mysmilie_5:

i will look up the recipe no one turns down brownies :mysmilie_5:

Ha ha, no. I used to get requests from colleagues when I was office-based - they vanished in no time. Obviously, I took all the credit, even though it was Nigella! I am not usually a fan of chocolate cake but those brownies are just amazing, gooey, chocolatey gorgeousness. The recipe uses walnuts which are not to everyone's taste maybe, but you don't have to include walnuts. I will gladly PM you the recipe if you can't find it online.

PS the Baked In mug cakes/cookies are also on Lakeland buy one, get one half-price. I could have topped up to £40 with some of those. I fancy trying them, especially the sticky toffee one.

Ha ha, no. I used to get requests from colleagues when I was office-based - they vanished in no time. Obviously, I took all the credit, even though it was Nigella! I am not usually a fan of chocolate cake but those brownies are just amazing, gooey, chocolatey gorgeousness. The recipe uses walnuts which are not to everyone's taste maybe, but you don't have to include walnuts. I will gladly PM you the recipe if you can't find it online.

PS the Baked In mug cakes/cookies are also on Lakeland buy one, get one half-price. I could have topped up to £40 with some of those. I fancy trying them, especially the sticky toffee one.

i love walnuts in brownies yum! the baked in mug brownies are disturbingly good. i can't believe how nice they are. they are £4 for 3 portions so not cheap imo. more of a treat. that money could go towards making a nice tray of brownies rather than 3 but hey lol

i love walnuts in brownies yum! the baked in mug brownies are disturbingly good. i can't believe how nice they are. they are £4 for 3 portions so not cheap imo. more of a treat. that money could go towards making a nice tray of brownies rather than 3 but hey lol

I suppose with the Lakeland offer they're a bit cheaper at least. I like the idea of the individual portions. If I bake a batch, I've got to give loads away or eat them all! It's a difficult choice!

Latest posts

Back