Merchant of Venice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
New (well I’ve not seen it before) fragrance collection. Ironic really QVC naming a product after a play in which a character demanded ‘a pound of flesh’.

Oooh, you've sent me down a memory rabbit hole! Did the MOV for O level, many donkeys of years ago, and went to see it on the stage - Peter Wyngard played Shylock. Someone at the back dropped a bag of sweets and they clattered and rolled all the way down to the stage. He wasn't pleased.
Just thought you'd like to know ...

They have the brand in my local House of Fraser, the brand also have a less expensive range at £45. Some are nice but never had the urge to buy, you usually people go on about how pretty the bottles are.

Oooh, you've sent me down a memory rabbit hole! Did the MOV for O level, many donkeys of years ago, and went to see it on the stage - Peter Wyngard played Shylock. Someone at the back dropped a bag of sweets and they clattered and rolled all the way down to the stage. He wasn't pleased.
Just thought you'd like to know ...
I loved him as Jason King. I would watch it when I stayed with my grandparents & I can remember one episode with a very young Felicity Kendal playing a French girl who died & the suave Mr King was reduced to tears. Blimey I feel really old, not helped by hearing the news about David Cassidy which resulted in me becoming a tearful, nostalgic mess. I love Merchant & think Al Pacino's Shylock was masterful, mind you he also reduced me to tears. Obviously time for bed!

Was Peter Wyngard /Jason King the man with the amazing black moustache ?

I did MOV for O level in 1972. It's true that I can remember vividly details and facts going back donkey's years but tend to forget very recent stuff !

Was Peter Wyngard /Jason King the man with the amazing black moustache ?

I did MOV for O level in 1972. It's true that I can remember vividly details and facts going back donkey's years but tend to forget very recent stuff !

Yes, add to that velvet jackets, those elongated 1970s collars & ties with HUGE knots. After my trip down Memory Lane I've a feeling there may be a Jason King box set under the tree this year. Totally agree with your comments about memory - the students at school often ask me about the 'olden days'.

hearing the news about David Cassidy which resulted in me becoming a tearful, nostalgic mess.
I know, terribly sad about David Cassidy, he was such a good looker in his youth. Although I personally preferred David Essex, who I think has a actually improved with age!

Latest posts

Back