Already sick of the 'gift' shows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Gawd, if I see another show with the word 'Gift' attached to it I'll scream ! Nothing 'gifty' about a Shark floor cleaner, or other household products thank you very much; then they're are the "specially brought in" beauty brands designated as stocking fillers; and does anyone get excited at the prospect of getting bedding under the tree to unwrap ? Then there are the ginormous tickets items, a piece of Bose equipment or a tele the size of a small garage.

Ordinary shows with the word 'Gift' attached just makes me turn off.

Gawd, if I see another show with the word 'Gift' attached to it I'll scream ! Nothing 'gifty' about a Shark floor cleaner, or other household products thank you very much; then they're are the "specially brought in" beauty brands designated as stocking fillers; and does anyone get excited at the prospect of getting bedding under the tree to unwrap ? Then there are the ginormous tickets items, a piece of Bose equipment or a tele the size of a small garage.

Ordinary shows with the word 'Gift' attached just makes me turn off.

I wouldn't want bedding, saucepan, cleaners etc for Christmas.

The person giving the “gift” might THINK the person will be delighted with a steam cleaner and the recipient may give the impression of being pleased but very very very few ladies will truthfully be sitting up all Christmas Eve gleefully anticipating a floor cleaner no matter what anyone might say.

Women often think that they have to get these as presents as they are too expensive just to buy during the year, this is an old fashioned concept when females put everyone else’s needs before themselves. I always remember my mother (when money was much tighter than nowadays) dishing up meals and leaving herself to the end.

From Christmas in July right through from October when the Gifting mania gets going it is mainly switch off time for me.I really think that those who want floor cleaners & the like for Christmas are in the minority and no-one will convince me to re-think that.We want to be indulged, spoilt--maybe don't always get it--but I am doing it for myself & not a floor cleaner in sight!

If someone bought me a floor cleaner for Christmas they would need to have it surgically removed from where I`d stuff it.

I watch less QVC every day ... it is just the same old gifting shows rehashed every few days.

Why the hell would anyone want a present to help them do the household chores? Don't know anyone who does household chores purely for their own benefit. If you must give them, they are household or family gifts.

Nope, and I wouldn't want a walking stick either if I had a dodgy hip !!!!! not as a Christmas present anyway.

If someone bought me a floor cleaner for Christmas they would need to have it surgically removed from where I`d stuff it.

I totally agree it reeks of the 'Oh, the little woman will love this and of course, it will help HER keep the home clean'. You can bet any money no men will be getting a Shark, iron or anything like that. An uncle used to give my aunt a new iron or such like on her birthday or at Xmas. He had the idea of the good women cleaned and scrubbed the home every day and only loose tarts went out and spent money on fancy things like new clothes if their own clothes still wearable etc for themselves. My aunt used use the housekeeping money and just go and buy want she wanted new coats, shoes etc. Then put them in the wardrobe and when he asked,"Is this new?" Got its been in the wardrobe as a reply. I used to think it was ****** awful that a man like him still existed in the 80s.

Never mind the plethora of 'gifting shows,' I'm bored rigid with all the adverts for and shows about that over-priced hairdryer and now the Amazon Echo Show is following suit. No wonder my remote control passes over Channel 16 nowadays.

I don't think I'll ever understand women!

About a month ago she said she'd REALLY like one of those GTECH hand vacs.

I could have taken this as a hint for an xmas present, but having read this forum for years I now KNOW never to give anything like that as a present. So she will have to buy her own ;).

I'll just have to get her chocolates, so this forum has saved me £150, thanks.

Someone I used to work with...it was her first married Christmas, her mother in law gave her a sack of potatoes :Surprise:

You think the gift hours are boring / patronising. Well try being a man! Any gifts for men on QVC almost invariably centre on shaving or wallets! Well I'm perfectly happy with my cheap "Super Max" razors from Savers (cost £1 and are every bit as good as Gillette) and my "King of Shaves" sensitive Tea Tree shaving gel from Asda which costs £2.50. I don't want or need anything more so please don't buy me gimmicky shaving products, yeah! Imaging if all women's gifts focused on cooking / cleaning / having babies? Wouldn't that be awful?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back