Ponchos

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I’ve seen 3 in Q recently - Frank Usher, Pia Rossini and another brand I can’t recall.

I wish they would make them longer back and front rather than end galf-Way down the bum and just at the top of the crotch. All the fabric is in the sides and ‘arms’. They look silly and won’t do a good job at keeping the draughts off the chilly bits.

I fell for the QVC poncho sales pitch in around 1998 - they've been flogging them every couple of years since I started watching. I got it from the "Currency" range by Helen somebody. It's in the loft somewhere probably with the tags still on - I might give it to the cats for Xmas!

Maybe I should buy some shark-shite hems and use the poncho points to fill the gaps?

I dislike ponchos but love wraps especially in Winter. Ponchos have to be dragged over your hair and makeup and when you get warm it feels like you`re undressing especially if out in Public. At least with a nice warm wrap you can snuggle it around you and when you get warm you just slip it off your shoulders.

They all sound a great idea but inevitably they are all a pain in the butt.

Same with gilets, how do you wear the darn things. You are cosy in the body and foundered in the arms. I bought quite a nice faux shearling one but you need a chunky jumper to look right but it’s too cold and wet to wear outside yet indoor it is like a sauna.

Also what you wear underneath has to match the overthingy whereas a coat just covers it up.

I see poncho I think Clint Eastwood, The Good, The Bad And The Ugly.:mysmilie_19:

So does my Mr T & he always pretends to take a cigar from his mouth before saying his favourite quote: "You see, in this world there's two kinds of people..." I don't care & rise above the ridicule having loved ponchos since the 1970s when my friends & I thought we were trendsetters wearing our mums'.

Latest posts

Back