Tefal Actifry 4 Day Deal

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sunday 9pm .......:confused:

I know what you mean! I have one and will continue using it with care i.e. if the fan stops I will turn it off and send it back but I suspect that lots of people will be reluctant to buy it following the recent publicity. I think that Tefal should have recalled these and made the necessary safety adaptations. It should automatically stop once the fan has stopped and not continue working resulting in flames and smoke even though we are assured that the unit is flameproof. I will always be a little uncomfortable around it.

Last edited:
I don't think they should continue to be sold if there's even the slightest risk.
It just doesn't seem right to me.

I wondered too, if there would be any kind of statement from Tefal

Perhaps it will be briefly mentioned in a very round about, passing comment abot peoples recent concerns.

I had been on point of buying when this all blew up, ad went for another halogen instead.

Very happy with it too and at around a third of the price

I wondered too, if there would be any kind of statement from Tefal

Perhaps it will be briefly mentioned in a very round about, passing comment abot peoples recent concerns.

I had been on point of buying when this all blew up, ad went for another halogen instead.

Very happy with it too and at around a third of the price

Safety Information (Statement) is on the Tefal website. I saw it today when looking for water filters and wondered what it was all about. http://www.tefal.co.uk/actifry/default2.htm

For anyone near the West Yorks area, they have these in the Tefal outlet shop at Castleford for £80! well a couple of weeks ago. I'm over that way tomorrow, so will check that is still right.

Its going to be a BOGOF special...

Buy one

images

Get One Free

images

I think IW and Tefal need their heads examined. If there is even the slightest doubt about a product's safety, then it should be withdrawn completely, and those already sold recalled and refunds given. This is an item that DOES have a fault, it can overheat and cause smoke even if it does not actually catch fire as such. Having been almost overcome by smoke inhalation once, I would not touch this with a barge-pole. I really am surprised at Tefal. Ideal World ? They'd sell their granny, probably on a Craft hour.

Latest posts

Back