Pleasantly surprised

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
I watched Rocks & Co the other day by chance, and was surprised to find myself ordering a couple of items... the prices seemed great and there were some nice designs.

This, for example, can't be bad for £59 - Let's hope it looks as good in the flesh:

http://www.rocksandco.com/Jewellery/ProductDetail.aspx?SKU=181 096

They seem to have some interesting designs in rainbow sapphires, too - has anyone bought any?

So why did I wait so long? Because the prices on the website are SKY HIGH. For example, I saw a ring on air for £59 when the identical ring was on the website the next day for £102!!

That is just a RIP-OFF in my opinion, and actually put me off watching for ages. Please, please, Rocks&Co, make the web prices comparable with the on air prices, and I'll be buying a lot more! Unfortuantely, I just can't be watching the webstream for hours on end...

I bought from Rocks a morganite and a kunzite ring in white gold very reasonable prices and they are lovely, both a deep shade of pink. Interesting when I sent an text message to them a thank you message came entitled GEMS! Hardly subtle.

Ooooooo pretty pendant Miss M, would love to see a pic when it arrives.

I totally agree about the web prices and it's been mentioned on Melusina's thread about her gorgeous diamond, by some of us who are cross about the difference. I just wish I could order the bits I'm waiting to see live on air so I can get them at the much, much lower price :(

Personally I reckon they are waiting for me to go to the loo before they show 'my' stuff! :hump:

Interesting to hear about the prices, I have not investigated r&co as I felt everything was too expensive when I looked at the website. Some nice bits, all double what they should be imo.
Not their wisest move, I am a web buyer and I would be very unlikely to tune in to the stream.
Pretty pendant and a reasonable price, hope it's great in real life for you.

I love the design of your pendant Miss M. It looks as though the sapphires have a good saturation of colour in the photos. Hope it's as nice irl, and please post a pic if you can.

I agree about the difference between the web and TV prices. If they are willing to sell something on air for a certain price, why such a great increase for web buyers? I can understand a small hike in price, but it's vast. I'm sure they'd get a lot more sales if they adjusted the prices to match the on air sales. It's not as if we're going to stop watching the shows, but who has the time or inclination to sit there all day watching, hoping for something to come up?

I agree about the difference between the web and TV prices. If they are willing to sell something on air for a certain price, why such a great increase for web buyers? I can understand a small hike in price, but it's vast. I'm sure they'd get a lot more sales if they adjusted the prices to match the on air sales. It's not as if we're going to stop watching the shows, but who has the time or inclination to sit there all day watching, hoping for something to come up?

Quite!

I do hope that someone from Rocks will come on here and confirm that they have taken this on board. It's often true that most people have either time or money but not both, and Rocks&Co must be losing a lot of sales from those who can afford to buy from the website if the price is right, but don't have time to watch the shows.

Because the prices on the website are SKY HIGH. For example, I saw a ring on air for £59 when the identical ring was on the website the next day for £102!!

You have answered a question I was about to ask. I've got my eye on a pendant on the website (my Xmas pressie from my man) but the price seemed high to me. Unfortunately for Rocks & Co other online companies who at least offer the last auction price to shoppers will get my business.

Your pendant is lovely by the way!

Latest posts

Back