Decided to treat myself....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tabs

Registered Shopper
For a long time i've looked at and wanted one of the Gemstone globes sold across sit-up channels, however the price has put me off. Many a time i've said to hubby i'll have get one, one day. Well the day came along on Wednesday...I was channel hopping before tuning into Deal or no deal and Lyn Taylor was auctioning a Black lace agate globe...one of the big ones 350mm. Jokingly i turned to hubby and said "if this goes low enough i'm having one!". Well blow me down if they price didnt fall to £54!!! :11: I've seen the much smaller ones go for lots more £££. So i dived in and secured mine and it arrived yesterday (after failed delivery attempt on Friday) and i love it :4: Highly recommended to anyone who likes the look of them!

I don't watch this channel but I know of the globes you speak,I first saw them a few years back when I was on holiday in Hong Kong......and believe me when I say they wanted a king's ransom for one!!!!!!!:11:

Glad you got one at a more than reasonable price........Globes are fascinating aren't they?:1:

Yes SCW 330mm..one of the biggest they do. Sweetpea yes they usually go for an arm and a leg:11: I've seen the smallest ones (150mm) previously go for the same price as i got mine for! I'm currently a happy bunny lol! Oh, and the info that came with it said they are valued at £1,250 for insurance purposes too!!!

I know! I used to watch and think i'd love one but not at that price!! Saw a small one in wooden cradle go today for more money than mine too!!

well done on youre purchase! you may find it interesting to know, i purchased 4 years ago the largest lapis gemstone globe [from a gem shop] localy in my area-at the time they were just getting popular i paid £450,i know i see how low they go for now - but hey such is life.:17:

Last edited:
I think the globes are lovely and price drop do seem to sell them at a great price. I'd buy one but I've nowhere to put it in my small flat.

Julie

I got a 330 sized globe in a £1 megadrop. I had to assemble it and it looked fantastic. The blue sea model is the best so I was lucky to get it. Later on a beautiful globe was sold for about £20. It had ornate pictures that looked like Blake's etchings. I had to assemble that as well. It looks fantastic.

The largest things I've assembled were the coat stands. The worst thing I assembled was the rocking horse. It wasn't up to standard so I had to return it.

Look out for the other globe items such as fancy paperweights as well as the lit globes.

The 2 globes that i've received have not needed any assembly, come ready to display in box complete with valuation and certificate. I know own the large black on and a smaller mother of pearl version. I also recently purchased a "Map of the world", Picture made up of gemstone pieces, thats quite attractive too.:1:

Those gem globes are something else, ive liked them for a few years now but have always been out of my price range.

Well done for getting one :)

Those gem globes are something else, ive liked them for a few years now but have always been out of my price range.

Well done for getting one :)
I saw a 330mm dark blue globe go for £54.99 on Bidtv the other day :)

But later the same day a 330mm light blue globe went for £79.99 also on Bidtv :(

You just have to be there at the right time i'm afraid.

I got a 220mm mother of pearl globe for £32.99 and it came assembled in the box and i have it proudly on show for all to see and get lots of nice comments. I recommend getting one :)

Latest posts

Back