I'm confused - anyone know what's going on with Rocks?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PearlyQueen

Liverpool Supporter
I'm at work so I switched on this lunchtime with no streaming so I could potentially add to my order I checked out this morning.
The chatbox disappeared around 12-ish, so no-one there to ask!
But the quantities on screen are changing downwards and there's a bizarre dancing padlock appearing???
Anyone who can hear who can tell me WTF is going on???
Thanks!!!

I'm at work so I switched on this lunchtime with no streaming so I could potentially add to my order I checked out this morning.
The chatbox disappeared around 12-ish, so no-one there to ask!
But the quantities on screen are changing downwards and there's a bizarre dancing padlock appearing???
Anyone who can hear who can tell me WTF is going on???
Thanks!!!

There's a new system now in place Anne. I'm not 100% sure how it works as yet, but I got a bargain pair of earrings. I can't stayed tuned in to get to the bottom of things as I'm supposed to be working too, but someone else will have got thje gist, I'm sure!

Auctions have been slow and painfully expensive for Rocks I guess. We have got the benefit of these long drawn out knock down affairs so now they can have a lock in. That means after a first bidder comes in they run the auction until they decide to lock it. After it's locked when enough folk have come in at the price Rocks like they close the auction and the final price comes down one more drop.

Bad news for us with fewer bargain prices but should speed up those auctions we all know and love that go on for ten minutes.

So I guess it's basically just a complicated way of closing the auction early, rather than having to keep dropping the price and waiting until the full quantity in the auction have been sold?

:lol I watched it for a while in the first hour and what I don't understand (well there are lots of things to be honest!) BUT there doesn't seem to be a clue on which auctions they are going to lock and which they aren't - or is that the point?

I bid on a multi-auction, thought it would be locked and it wasn't (almost everything before it had been locked)

As Mr Jones said, despite what Steve said earlier, I really do think it makes it less likely to get fab bargains now (understandably - as Rocks want to make money) - the multi auctions, where it took an age for other bidders to come in, have been really good for me - shame that has probably gone now! :lol

I have to say that I am not keen on having to rush in and bid when I have no idea what the price will drop to.

Also, once the lock is activated, is this not just another way of timing the auction? I know I hate to be rushed into buying when there is a countdown which is why I have never bought goods from certain other auction outlets.

I know Steve is trying new ideas and maybe things will improve but I have to be honest and say that my first impression is not favourable.

Today was not helped for me by the increasing technical problems of screen freeze, no sound, time delay, etc. I know John comes in and suggests downloading various things to help but, reading these threads, I am far from alone in having technical issues which only occur when trying to access Rocks.tv. I'm afraid that the common denominator is Rocks and it really is time for them to kick those gremlins into touch once and for all!

Steve said the new "lock in" is for when they have say 4 of an item available and say only 2 have gone and the auction is dragging on with no-one coming in the new feature allows them to remove the empty slots but it gives all a last chance to jump in with the guarantee that the price will drop further once locked.

Hope that makes sense :laughing:

Steve said the new "lock in" is for when they have say 4 of an item available and say only 2 have gone and the auction is dragging on with no-one coming in the new feature allows them to remove the empty slots but it gives all a last chance to jump in with the guarantee that the price will drop further once locked.

Hope that makes sense :laughing:

Brilliant concise explanation Sazza! :biggrin

Why thank you!!! I was sure I was going to be told that I'd made no sense at all!!! :laughing:

Pleasure - deserved! :biggrin

(as I ramble like a loon it would probably have taken me three paragraphs to explain and then it wouldn't have made sense to anyone but me!)

I have just seen it working for the first time, and tbh it will not encourage me to bid on something - rather the opposite in fact.

I bid on 2 items both went to lock down, but now show stock problems so they are both blocking up my basket.

Well done Sara! Which ring did you get? just being a nosey parker:ANYWORD:

This one :biggrin .....

amethystringphp.jpg

There was a tiny peridot, white gold pendant on earlier this evening that also went for £1.00 (6 winners, I think)

Latest posts

Back