PT help ...... again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fluff

Missing my friends
Need your help and advice again ...... please! :eek:

Had this PT ring in my basket but ditched it because I realised I was being
crazy.gif
and it would be waaaay too big on my finger and I'd only end up sending it back! :(
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=126166&menuselection=0

I must've sent at least a dozen rings back so decided
20144d64.gif
to look at pendants instead!

:eek: This is sitting in my basket now:
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=101178&menuselection=0

What do you reckon? Colour? Native cut? Windows? :D

I'm very comfy on the wagon so please don't hold back if you think it'll be another dud ... oops ... disappointment.
weep.gif

MTIA

Fluff hun, it looks lovely, and a good colour too! But thats just my amateur view..cant comment on windows etc too much. Hope its great if you decide to get it. :)

Thanks Tabs! It's been on the web roundabout for ages which makes me a bit suspicious!

The fruit polo is still going round and round and round!! :D

I'm liking the trilliant cut of the stone Fluff and the nice design of the bale, nearly 3 gms of gold there. I'm also partial to the deep marine green colours, I looked at the coding of this one 101178, which as you say is an older item. But this may be a good thing if it was photographed pre touch-up days! It could be the real colour of the stone and if so I would say "go for it". Then you have no concerns about re-sizing and can wear it straight out of the box.....whichever type of box they decide to send you tho'! :rolleyes:

Depends what you want Fluff. If you want a PT that is a proper high colour PT that will achieve a great valuation then personally I'd dump the pendant because it won't fit the bill (sorry). Whilst some of the deep green PTs are very pretty, they don't tend to glow (and you can see this one won't). The cut is also "off". If you look, the culet (i.e. the bottom of the stone) is off centre. The deep colour will mask that somewhat but it does mean that the PT won't refract light properly.

The ring you had (and dumped) was gorgeous - although the photo doesn't look "real" and without seeing the video it's difficult to tell. If it was that colour then it was a complete and utter winner and at 1ct it really wouldn't have been too big Fluff. PT's don't look big for carat size.

Don't forget, colour is the be all and end all with PTs holding their value (and they've dropped considerably in the past few years). However, if that doesn't bother you then any of the colour range will be good.

Oh crikey, Fluff, I have to agree with Meesh that the dumped PT looks rather juicy. The pictures are so unreal that you get no real idea of what to expect but even with dainty digits I don't think an 8x6 stone would look amiss. It may be more than you're used to but you'd soon adjust to the bigger look.

As for the pendant, I'm in the maybe not camp too. You won't get the benefit of a pendant, with a ring you can admire it to your heart's content. There is something else about it that only my warped mind could spot but I won't tell you unless I know you won't be sending for it!

Sorry to not be more helpful but you will find your prince, it can take several looks to find it but each time you send something back you learn something new about the gemstone and become more discerning. Keep the faith Fluff.

Grrrrrr just wrote a long reply and lost it!

Thanks everyone for your replies ..... really appreciate it!

I agree the ring I dumped was gorgeous and had it it been 7x5mm or 6x5mm it would've been winging its way to me by now. Ah well!

It actually fell into my basket by accident .... thought I was clicking on "view details" but it was the "buy" button :eek: ... by the time I swiched on the TV the auction was just about over and I only got a glimpse and no details. The colour does look a little "unreal" but I don't know whether it is or not. The lack of video evidence is a real pain in the ****! :mad:

I think the pendant is on its way to being ditched too. I do like the design but want one that glows and definitely not one that's been badly cut.

Looks like I won't be losing my comfy seat on the wagon after all! :D

Fluff - the difference in size with the rings you've mentioned is almost unnoticeable. Honestly, it's very small. Don't forget, the minute (with almost all gems although there are one or two exceptions) you get over 1ct the price/value increases so you're actually putting quite a number of limitations on yourself. Why don't you get the ring and see how it looks on? Wear it round the house for a few days to give it a good road test. You'll be surprised that you probably don't even notice the size after a while.

I promise you, I used to be a 1ct girl and nothing bigger but now I wear humungous rings without a second thought :eek: :rolleyes:

OK BC, it's going back ..... spill!! :D

On my dainty digits even a 7x6 looks toooo big and just about reaches my knuckle, honestly. :eek: Not a nice look!!

:D:D:D You're right it does! :eek: Definitely going back now!!

Maybe that's what BC can see too!

On second thoughts knowing BC it'll be something very rude! ;)

Last edited:
Naughty naughty BC go and sit on the silly step (wish we had the slap smilies here!!) Trust BC to spot something like that but yes Fluff I definately would go for the ring and not for the pendant, firstly for the obvious (well now it is) and secondly I agree you can't sit and drool over a pendant....unless you have a permanent mirror to hand!!

I think you're right in dumping the pendant. The ring is lovely, (if the colour is as nice irl as the photo) but if you know it's going to be too big for you, then you've made the right decision. Fluff, you must have the teeniest digits! :D

Are you looking for a PT just in yellow gold? I saw a very nice one (more green than blue) on the web this morning (7 x 5 mm) and the colour still looked saturated with that inner glow in the video link. M xx

Oops, I forgot to say that one was in white gold.

Naughty naughty BC go and sit on the silly step (wish we had the slap smilies here!!) Trust BC to spot something like that
She PMd me! :eek:

but yes Fluff I definately would go for the ring and not for the pendant, firstly for the obvious (well now it is) and secondly I agree you can't sit and drool over a pendant....unless you have a permanent mirror to hand!!
They're both dumped now, Jo! :eek:

I think you're right in dumping the pendant. The ring is lovely, (if the colour is as nice irl as the photo) but if you know it's going to be too big for you, then you've made the right decision. Fluff, you must have the teeniest digits! :D
They are a bit small ... just like the rest of me!! ;)

Are you looking for a PT just in yellow gold? I saw a very nice one (more green than blue) on the web this morning (7 x 5 mm) and the colour still looked saturated with that inner glow in the video link. M xx

Oops, I forgot to say that one was in white gold.

Yes, I'm a yellow gold only girl. Pathetic isn't it? But white metals don't suit me at all. :eek:

Thanks anyway! xx

I'll keep looking and keep asking for advice! :D

Latest posts

Back