IRobot Seasonal Special

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

icr24350

Registered Shopper
I think if I gave my wife this for a Christmas pressie, I might be wearing the turkey and trimmings :32:. And at that price too ! "Darling, being the ever romantic type, I bought you something different from ear rings, necklaces, etc. Something you've always wanted." I'd be in the local hospital within an hour having a foreign body removed from part of my anatomy :21:

Are these things any good? I can't imagine it would even begin to tackle the carpets and floors in my place...it's far too cluttered for starters, and the carpets get really yucky, as I've got very long hair and it seems to get everywhere!

Can only imagine them being worth having in a fairly small open plan modern flat with laminate flooring and very little furniture, or if you have carpets, carpets that don't get that mucky with pet hair and the like, and again, a totally tidy and uncluttered place. The dust container's only about the same size as a carpet sweeper.....wouldn't you have to empty it every five minutes?

A previous thread said how good they were - including someone with 5 bedroom house - however not sure on the clutter!

I read some of the reviews on Ciao, and whilst all the reviews couldn't recommend it enough, a couple of people mentioned how the rollers get very clogged with hair which is really, really difficult to remove, most of the carpet sweepers I've had in the past have had this problem, and I've eventually had to replace them...and they can be bought for under a tenner. It was also said that it wasn't "marvellous" on deep pile carpet either, saying that it was much much better for homes with hard flooring. I also noticed when I was watching the demo, how it took ages and ages to tackle the crumbs spilled under the table, and kept going back over the clean bits time and time again...Ok, I know it eventually got there, and it saves you the bother, but that would get on my nerves...I'd rather be in control, and clean the bits that need cleaning in half the time. I guess it's good that it goes into places you can't reach..ie under the sofa, but some sofas aren't that high off the ground. I shall definitely be sticking with a conventional cleaner.

Exactly! You'll be doing those Ideal World things like putting your make-up on and washing your poloponcho! Me - I'll be having a glass of vino and reading a book whilst roomba does the business.

The IRobot Roomba is one purchase I have never ever regretted. It gives my floors a thorough clean - carpets and wood. Everything looks spotless and it gets right into the corners. Yes, hair does get tightly wound round the rollers but a quick snip with a pair of scissors releases it for cleaning. I have posted about its merits before and encouraged a number of other forum members to buy one. I use it daily ( no effort for me ) and vacuum every few weeks.

The IRobot Roomba is one purchase I have never ever regretted. It gives my floors a thorough clean - carpets and wood. Everything looks spotless and it gets right into the corners. Yes, hair does get tightly wound round the rollers but a quick snip with a pair of scissors releases it for cleaning. I have posted about its merits before and encouraged a number of other forum members to buy one. I use it daily ( no effort for me ) and vacuum every few weeks.

But isn't the dust container a little small? If you look at the dust container on a Dyson, say or even a hoover bag. I guess it goes back to its base station when it needs emptying does it? The bottom line here is that I've got far too much furniture/clutter to make it a viable purchase!

But isn't the dust container a little small? If you look at the dust container on a Dyson, say or even a hoover bag. I guess it goes back to its base station when it needs emptying does it? The bottom line here is that I've got far too much furniture/clutter to make it a viable purchase!

My house is quite big and so I use it downstairs and let it clean until it stops because it needs charging. I keep the docking station upstairs and so it cannot return to it. The container is enough to deal with the downstairs with 6 areas ( very open plan ). I then recharge it and set it to work upstairs - 5 bedrooms and again the container is fine. It then goes to its docking station automatically when it has finished (not when it needs emptying). I empty the container after cleaning the ground floor and then again after cleaning the first floor.

This is based on very regular use which is fine because it's not me doing the work. I can't comment on clutter. I have a lot of furniture but tend not to have piles of things on the floor. If you bought it from ideal world you would then have the option of returning it if you were not happy with it. The downside would be having to deal with their returns service and the return postage.

Mia, its thanks to you I bought one earlier in the year and have never regretted it. I have a large ground floor and 5 bedrooms upstairs, it vacuums them all and I have rarely used the Dyson the last 5 months - except for the stairs. I have an old english sheepdog and hairs do gather on the rollers but they are easy to clean. I often put it on and then go out, when I return the job is done - can't ask more than that!

Mia, its thanks to you I bought one earlier in the year and have never regretted it. I have a large ground floor and 5 bedrooms upstairs, it vacuums them all and I have rarely used the Dyson the last 5 months - except for the stairs. I have an old english sheepdog and hairs do gather on the rollers but they are easy to clean. I often put it on and then go out, when I return the job is done - can't ask more than that!

It sounds like we have similar floor areas. I am so pleased that you are happy with it. The house is kept effortlessly clean and the furniture does not become as dusty as it does after using a conventional vacuum cleaner. I do not put it on when I am out because I am afraid it will set off the alarm but I certainly have it working while I enjoy a bit of television and a cup of tea!

Latest posts

Back