No queues they keep saying....well

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

uptheferrets

Registered Shopper
As i write i have been holdingfor 35mins and still being told to hold. to finish and pay, flexi for the sat nav this is against my better judgement but o/h wants

now 38.27 secs stll apologising to me........and den stll wittering about fab new phone system..........am i mad or wot

typing 1 finger lol

still here holding o/h still begging me to hold

no actually saying to put down phone, but in whiny voice.....i'll loose it then.......etc
me saying, i'm barmy this is costing a .....fortune
then guess what a man answered and did't seem to know what it was I wanted had to give him details again, by now more than miffed, as it was supposded to be in basket etc etc and really told him!

Didn't help when IW on and Den wittering about NO QUEUES........mad me madder than ever.

I always swore would never order again , and this call of 45 min 49 secs is now indelibly etched in my brain.

And i don't care how much whining .....................no no no never again

Get the new model 530 from Halfords on their webpage before end of day Monday and get it for £180 and get £30 worth of Halfords vouchers to either keep or flog on eBay - much, much better value.

Alan

Get the new model 530 from Halfords on their webpage before end of day Monday and get it for £180 and get £30 worth of Halfords vouchers to either keep or flog on eBay - much, much better value.

Alan

Dosent include European maps or the TMC tho, quite a big difference.

BTW the cheaper IW order line is 01733 887 132 as its normal rate

Last edited:
Not sure if TMC works in the UK?? I cannot pick it up from Classic FM. The Satnav keeps scanning but cannot find any. Lots of people have an issues with TMC. Only had it show up twice in the last year.

Always works for me on my 930 Traffic when tuned in to Classic FM

Dosent include European maps or the TMC tho, quite a big difference.

BTW the cheaper IW order line is 01733 887 132 as its normal rate

It was due to all the flapping by O/H that made me forget to use that number! By the time I had realised I had been holding some time so thought I'd better hang on - not impressed by their NEW system

Still have to queue because of the flexipay, it was why O/H wanted to try it and the fact that they have extended the mbg to Jan.

He has a sat nav but thought this one more 'up to date' (me thinks I will get all the aggro when it doesn't match expectations)

Thanks for all the comments on this too, appreciated

I would write to them and complain, asking for the amount of the phone call to be credited back to your credit card (once you've received the item).

Julie

Not sure if TMC works in the UK?? I cannot pick it up from Classic FM. The Satnav keeps scanning but cannot find any. Lots of people have an issues with TMC. Only had it show up twice in the last year.

Works fine i use it every day in my car and it is very handy to miss accidents and roadworks

I don't understand why you used the phone at all! My husband bought this on line from IW. Done and dusted in a minute or so - and free!
If you do have to use the phone, use In-first. It is really quick. I cannot even remember the last time I used the call centre.
Strangely, this is the first time I have ordered anything from IW since Jan this year - and I ordered 2 things, one after the other. The first was the photo screen thingy and the second was the Tom-Tom. We researched both, and they were miles cheaper than anyone else.
Just shows that when they expand their product base, they will sell more stuff.

I don't understand why you used the phone at all! My husband bought this on line from IW. Done and dusted in a minute or so - and free!
If you do have to use the phone, use In-first. It is really quick. I cannot even remember the last time I used the call centre.
Strangely, this is the first time I have ordered anything from IW since Jan this year - and I ordered 2 things, one after the other. The first was the photo screen thingy and the second was the Tom-Tom. We researched both, and they were miles cheaper than anyone else.
Just shows that when they expand their product base, they will sell more stuff.

You have to phone up if you want to use Flexi Pay

you can't do flexiplay on line according to THEM!

But they should not be bragging about their wonderful new phone system.....
and they lie when they say no queues, I was certainly in one and listening to the repetetive voice, droning over and over about high volume of calls , sorry to keep you waiting. I wish i had told other half to a long walk of a short pier! and as for the guyon the phone, I was livid at being asked for the details again! But having worked in a call centre myself I know you can only work to the speed the equipment will allow

I won't be ordering again no matter what! This really was the final straw.
I just hope it arrives, that they don't mess up the payments and that the darn thing works!

But somehow I think that it will go the usual pear shape

I actually think their answering the phones is set to a timer - I had to phone 3 times in two days recently and each one was exactly 7 minutes before it was answered. I don't understand these things - do they make money from the 0870 numbers? I also reckon they've cottoned on to the saynoto0870 thing as well I tried both the switchboard and the CS numbers offered and neither worked any more.

Remember the good old days when the phone would ring and someone would answer, (or maybe not) and away you go. You only paid for the actual time you were speaking :22:

Nowadays the call gets answered immediately but you have to hold on and on and on, after pressing various options, before anybody verbally answers you.......

Making a phone call is an endurance test all of its own these days :eek:

Remember the good old days when the phone would ring and someone would answer, (or maybe not) and away you go. You only paid for the actual time you were speaking :22:

Nowadays the call gets answered immediately but you have to hold on and on and on, after pressing various options, before anybody verbally answers you.......

Making a phone call is an endurance test all of its own these days :eek:

Quite right Mommabear, the good old days....... Hold the line caller, I'm just connecting you now. So much better than .... please hold the line, your call is important to us, your call may be monitored, or press 1 for x, press 2 for y, or hold the line..... The cost of the call mounting along with tempers.

I actually think their answering the phones is set to a timer - I had to phone 3 times in two days recently and each one was exactly 7 minutes before it was answered. I don't understand these things - do they make money from the 0870 numbers? I also reckon they've cottoned on to the saynoto0870 thing as well I tried both the switchboard and the CS numbers offered and neither worked any more.

Yes they do make money , there 08717 number costs 10ppm to call they take a cut of that so you can quite easily rack up a large phone bill , if you use the landline number its free if you get free calls on your landline or mobile, even if you have to pay i think the max will be 3ppm in th daytime and 1ppm in the evening

Latest posts

Back