Rocks Chat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jacqualina

Registered Shopper
Really weird, I haven't been able to post on Rocks Chat for days now. I can see it, type my message and send and then nothing happens and my message doesn't appear. Katherine hasn't been able to help, so emailed Rocks today and hope it will be sorted soon. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi jacqualina, yes happens all the time type three or four times and nothing however over this last weekend been ok hit and miss i think i keep refreshing sometimes that helps. might be worth a try. Mags

Hi Jacqualina - yes it happens to me as well - often my chats goes missing - have tried f5 - etc even resorted to rebooting - I cant see any obvious reason for it so as it happens to others it must be the chat at fault. I use IE 7 on Vista Home Premium if that helps anyone solve this riddle! Have a fun day. Kate :)

HI Jacqualina, I've had this problem since they changed auction format, using Firefox btw. There was a suggestion that
upgrading to latest version of Adobe Flashplayer might help.......but I'd already done that (for Photobucket).

Seems to be okay using IE, but this browser for me is like wading through treacle! So I prefer to give it a miss. :33:
Plus the presenters sound like chipmunks partying!

Hi all,

I'll ask Andy to look at the chat.

Sacha, the 'Chipmunk' issue is down to the Flash Player. What we've found is that if you completely remove the Flash player and then reinstall it, then it will be fine. For some reason, simply upgrading doesn't always do the trick.

Kind regards

John

Was happening to me yesterday, typed at least 10 messages and sent them, the 11th finally showed up!

its happening all the time for me gets frustrating ,can type a message and its pot luck if they showup.....

I have almost given up on Rocks. I went in this afternoon and all pics didn't display either on IE or Firefox Mozilla and my pooter froze for ten minutes after I left the site. I have v.10 Flash etc etc and dunno what more I can do. Streaming needs to be sorted soon or I will lose patience with the whole thing. I'm keen but fed up of spending ages trying to reboot etc etc just to keep in touch.

Hi All,

I've been having a look at the chat and I have made some changes. Can those of you having problems please confirm though when the problems happens? Does this happen if you have logged in and then left the computer alone for a while? (say about 25 minutes?)

Also, with the streaming, we have found that Adobe made a slight mistake with one of their previous versions of flash which makes the audio go strange and the video stall at times. We have suggested that people update but this doesn't always work. We have found though, that first of all running the Adobe Flash Uninstaller, then giving your browser a reboot (if you on a mac make sure you go Safari->Quit or Firefox->Quit and not just click on the red blob) this has worked on every PC we have tried so far so fingers crossed it will work on yours too:).

I am a bit worried that you couldn't see the images Mr Jones, that's a new one on me. Can you please email me ([email protected]) and I will do my best to find the cause of the problem.

Thanks for your continuing support and feedback. It's really great being able to find out what's going on so quickly from your perspectives.

Andrew.

Thanks everyone, in a way a relief to know it's not just me because Rocks may be able to sort it out. When I asked Katherine on Rocks Help she hadn't heard of it happening to anyone else, so I thought it was just me. I never used to have a problem, so have no idea what has changed. Hope it's sorted soon.

Happened to me alot when first log in..........but I have found......if you click "turn chat off" at the top of chat and then "turn chat on" it works fine.

It works for me everytime now

Same here, Valley-Girl. When I log in, my first message never gets through, but if I switch off the chat, then switch it back on it works no problem.

Might be something that is worth a try?

Hi All,

I've been having a look at the chat and I have made some changes. Can those of you having problems please confirm though when the problems happens? Does this happen if you have logged in and then left the computer alone for a while? (say about 25 minutes?)

Also, with the streaming, we have found that Adobe made a slight mistake with one of their previous versions of flash which makes the audio go strange and the video stall at times. We have suggested that people update but this doesn't always work. We have found though, that first of all running the Adobe Flash Uninstaller, then giving your browser a reboot (if you on a mac make sure you go Safari->Quit or Firefox->Quit and not just click on the red blob) this has worked on every PC we have tried so far so fingers crossed it will work on yours too:).

I am a bit worried that you couldn't see the images Mr Jones, that's a new one on me. Can you please email me ([email protected]) and I will do my best to find the cause of the problem.

Thanks for your continuing support and feedback. It's really great being able to find out what's going on so quickly from your perspectives.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew

I have tried the Adobe thing but still can't log on. Am still managing to buy things but only by using my work VPN, logging onto the work's server and buying from there. It's a right palavar.

I have tried logging on from home via Opera, IE, Firefox & Chrome. This only started happening since the lockdown changes. I am using a Vista Home Premium OS.

Many thanks.

Latest posts

Back