Error message when buying on the web?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
Has anybody else had this happen to them?

I was trying to buy something via the web from a television auction. The item went into my basket and then in red the message flashed up next to it saying something like "you are limited to 1 item in each auction .....". I had only pressed the buy button once but it obviously thought I wanted 2.

However, the thing that REALLY peeved me off was that when I refreshed my basket it had deleted the item so I didn't even manage to get it!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I've lost about 4 items that way in the past few days.

Is it me or is this happening to others? If it's happening to others then maybe the IT peeps over at Rocks&Co need to know so they can sort it out.

Hiya Meeshoo no you are not the only one having problems buying on the web I too have had this message (only happening to me randomly started a few days ago)must be yet another problem with their IT system begining to wonder if there can be any more problems, they aren't making easy for us to buy are they!

I don't work for Rocks & Co so can only make a guess at what's happening here, based on my experience of buying from them plus my experience in my job in IT.

I've made 3 web orders up to now, and on each occasion when adding a piece from a TV auction have received the "limited to 1 item" message on each occasion. I haven't seen this as an error message, more an information message - but, I can understand why you are seeing it as an error.

I can't for sure say why the item has been removed but when you say you "refreshed (your) basket" do you mean you: a) hit the refresh button/f5/right mouse click + "refresh page" or; b) you navigated away from the screen and then came back to "My Account"?

If you mean option a) then I wonder if the system "thinks" you're trying to add another item, prevents it, and removes the original item from the basket? It seems a bit harsh if that IS the way it's working, as it should be possible for them to do some simple "does this item code already exist in this basket" logic, and if yes, just leave it there, not remove it altogether.

Like I said, I don't work for the company so I'm only musing, but you MAY find that that's the reason for this happening. I'm posting this just in case you don't hear back from them (any time soon).

Hi Wickerman - it's definitely a system error. The message you have quoted above is the "normal" message you get when you buy something via the web and it's NOT the message I'm seeing.

The error message I get is in red and is in place of the "normal" one. This error message has occurred on various auctions, regardless of how many items are being sold. I've clicked once to put it in my basket and the quantity in my basket says 1 but the error message is by its side. If I go out of that page, or try to checkout, or indeed do ANYTHING the blinking thing deletes completely out of my basket. There's no way to keep it in there - so a lost purchase!

The system obviously thinks I'm trying to buy 2(?????) and then voids the whole transaction.

Last edited:
Hi Meeshoo:

Hope you are well and thanks as always for your feedback. We’ve had a team of programmers go through the system triple checking everything and we’re unable to replicate what happened to you. If this happens again, please copy the page in its entirety, including the URL and email it to me for our investigation.

We appreciate everyone’s candid feedback and I know it’s tempting to always push the blame in our direction, but computers can be finicky. As always, we do our best to assist our customers.

Thanks for your time and sorry for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Gav

You are not going to believe this!! I get the opposite happening to me! Many times when I've clicked to buy an item on the web, it asks me to log in again then goes to my basket where ........wait for it........there are 2 of the item sitting there! Not listed once with 2 beside it but actually listed complete with pic twice. It's not a problem because I just delete one but I've often read the message saying you can only buy one and have a wee chuckle.

I promise you I am not joking and the next time it happens I will do a screen print to prove it. Mind you, now that I've said it, it'll probably never happen again!

Hiya Gav!

No problems - can do a screen shot BUT how do I get the URL info for you? Sorry but I'm a bit dense with IT stuff!

KB - that's just plain greedy!!!!

Hiya Gav!

No problems - can do a screen shot BUT how do I get the URL info for you? Sorry but I'm a bit dense with IT stuff!

KB - that's just plain greedy!!!!

Meeshoo i can advise there when you take a screen shot of the web it will have the address bar in the pic please see below

you see the arrow pointing from the url/ address bar and that is what Gav wants meeshoo

hope this helps meeshoo

Hi Everyone:

Superwillow is correct, the URL is the web address located at the top of your browser, for example http://www.rocksandco.com/index.asp.

Klosblue, in your excitement, I think you are clicking the mouse button twice! While you can see two pictures, the one at the top of your basket should have the ‘only one piece allowed’ warning message next to it and doesn’t have all the product details (e.g. time in basket, quantity, etc.). If you refresh the page or click the ‘check out’ button it will disappear leaving you with one piece. If this bothers you, try adjusting your mouse sensitivity settings. If something different is happening, please send me the details via PM and I’ll get our programmers to have a look.

Kind Regards,

Gav

Hi Everyone:

Superwillow is correct, the URL is the web address located at the top of your browser, for example http://www.rocksandco.com/index.asp.

Klosblue, in your excitement, I think you are clicking the mouse button twice! While you can see two pictures, the one at the top of your basket should have the ‘only one piece allowed’ warning message next to it and doesn’t have all the product details (e.g. time in basket, quantity, etc.). If you refresh the page or click the ‘check out’ button it will disappear leaving you with one piece. If this bothers you, try adjusting your mouse sensitivity settings. If something different is happening, please send me the details via PM and I’ll get our programmers to have a look.

Kind Regards,

Gav

glad i could help you out Gav

I like having a sensitive mouse............ :30: :Button it Sue!!!: :pPC:

i`m not saying a word lol PPC

Latest posts

Back