Majestic tanzanite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Having given Gems a blast, I nonetheless decided to take another peek, and tuned in in the middle of a majestic tanzanite "clearance" hour. I have to say that they DID have some very nice pieces at good prices - credit crunch prices, maybe! I've seen a ring I really like in the overpriced web shop, and if I can get it for a price comparable to those on air, I would be tempted. I don't have any AAA tanzy - was tempted once before, but baulked at the price.

When they used to call it AAAA Tanzanite, I got 2 pieces Miss M, a ring and a pendant, and they are absolutely fabulous. I can thoroughly recommend Tanzanite, it really is a beautiful stone, especially if you get a really good one.

:doggie:

Well they'll sell bugger all on the website if anyone looks for it under web games as it name has been mis-spelled at Tanzinite for ages now :rolleyes:

Not that much of anything good is on the web games any more - it's all in the overpriced shop! :hump:

Does anyone know why Gems TV call it "Majestic" tanzanite and not AAA, AAAA like everyone else? Sounds a bit suspicious to me :Thinking2:

Well they'll sell bugger all on the website if anyone looks for it under web games as it name has been mis-spelled at Tanzinite for ages now :rolleyes:

Not that much of anything good is on the web games any more - it's all in the overpriced shop! :hump:

And there are some lovely designs in there, wish they'd put them on the website at a sensible price. I think quite a few were in last night's Showcase, that Miss M refers to.

From memory Klos,didn't Gems start using the monicker 'Majestic' for all their better quality stones (Emerald, Ruby etc) at one and the same time, although a few older pieces of Quad A Tanzies stayed on the website for a bit longer. (Wish I'd bagged one....mysmilie_1476). Something to do with complying with regulations and their US site? ..........Maybe! :33:

And there are some lovely designs in there, wish they'd put them on the website at a sensible price. I think quite a few were in last night's Showcase, that Miss M refers to.

From memory Klos,didn't Gems start using the monicker 'Majestic' for all their better quality stones (Emerald, Ruby etc) at one and the same time, although a few older pieces of Quad A Tanzies stayed on the website for a bit longer. (Wish I'd bagged one....mysmilie_1476). Something to do with complying with regulations and their US site? ..........Maybe! :33:

Ummmm......ooooppps....appear to have double clicked!

Last edited:
Have only just had a quick scan of this thread so apologies if somebody has already said this but .............

A, AA, AAA was (at one time) a standard accepted as separating the quality of Tanzanite. AAAA was purely a GemsTV category and in actual fact meant nothing at all. All it meant was that GemsTV felt is was the better of all the Tanzanite they had and was top quality. In the old days, that was probably true.

Majestic is just a re-branding of the AAAA category because I think there was a move away in the industry from using confusing terminology and GemsTV have applied that to other gemstones such as Emerald, Ruby etc etc

I believe that Tanzanite is going to be graded in a very similar way to other gemstones and the A, AA blah blah blah won't be used. It was probably this change that prompted GemsTV to change their grading but I don't know that for sure.

Basically, buy with your eyes. If the colour is a top colour it'll blow your socks off IRL. It'll be either a pure blue, a blue/violet (although as a descriptor that's misleading because blue/purple would be more accurate and vice versa as purple/blue. It'll be a deep colour that you can't see through, vibrant and yummy!

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Thank you Sacha and Meeshoo :BigHug:

Hey Sacha I see you have a "sensitive mouse" too!! :Happy1:

Latest posts

Back