Anyone used Regency for resizing?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the-valleygirl

Registered Shopper
I just got me rings back....5 weeks later!! But thats another story. Anyway, amoungst all MY rings was a ring for my mother for Xmas. Yellow gold ring with a few diamonds. Very dainty and cute. It is resized lovely, but it hasnt been hallmarked....well I know my mother...she thinks everything is a scam so she always looks for the hallmark.

So my questions, unlike gemstv, there is no box to tick in order to ask for them to be rehallmarked. So I assumed they just did it. Has anyone else found this?? I wouldn't mind if it was mine, but as its a pressie, I am a bit disappointed.

Also one of the silver rings you can clearly see the lines where the silver was added. I know I can contact them and they would probably do it properly. But the ring was only cheap and it cost nearly as much to resize. Its just more bother of packing it back up, more postage to send it and more waiting around. I've already waited 5 weeks.

Sorry, I just feel like having a moan. Nothing ever goes right!!

I'm waiting for 5 silver rings to come back from them. Unfortunately your story doesn't fill me with confidence. I would've thought that if the enlarging removes the hallmark then they should rehallmark as Steve has always told us that any piece with over 2 grams of gold in it must be hallmarked.

I sent off three rings a couple of weeks ago, do hope they are back before Christmas, but am beginning to doubt it now.
VG, did they send them all back in one parcel? If so, I think £10 per item is a bit steep (especially for silver) as I thought it was meant to cover return postage as well. I would rather pay a fixed amount per item and then p&p on top so that you can send a larger order together and save money.

If it helps when i had my gold rings resized i was told if the hallmark was removed in the process they cannot rehallmark because they didnt have a stamp for C-R at the assay office ( unlike gems Tv)
so mine came back wthout a hallmark which as it was a black diamond solitair and a blue diamond cluster i was a bit disappointed but they are for me so i put up with it .
I have not bought any silver rings because they have been cheaper than the price for resizing and i dont really wear silver so dont know about those

I sent off three rings a couple of weeks ago, do hope they are back before Christmas, but am beginning to doubt it now.
VG, did they send them all back in one parcel? If so, I think £10 per item is a bit steep (especially for silver) as I thought it was meant to cover return postage as well. I would rather pay a fixed amount per item and then p&p on top so that you can send a larger order together and save money.

Yes I agree, it is very steep. They sent them all back in one package. 2 rings were gold, so 10 pound isnt bad....even though one only cost 21 pound! But it is for my mother, so I am disappointed.

The other 7 were silver.....10 pound each is excessive. So I don't think I will be buying many more silver pieces to be honest, even though I love silver.....it can cost more to resize them. In gact for several of the rings it has more than doubled their cost!!!

Wow VG, that really does mount up, doesn't it? I think it's far too steep for silver and have now also stopped buying for my daughter as they need resizing up just one size. Other channels offer free resizing, you only pay for the p&p.

Well, I needn't have fretted - my three rings arrived back this morning with special delivery. One thing though, my reversible tanzy ring was just enlarged to an O, but the shank is now so thin on both bands that I'll be worried to wear it.

I am soooooooooooo disappointed, having looked closer at my white topaz ring that I got back from resizing..........the stones are now not set properly. There are 15 stones set upside down all next to each other in rows. But now they are not straight, they are at angles. its not huge angles and from s distance you can't see it. But you can up close. Very disappointing. :(

hi all

I am sorry you are so disappointed. I would want them re hallmarked even if they were for me. I would speak to rocks I'm sure I have heard Steve saying several times that he has been collecting rings from the assay office and as he is in Outhill, I assumed this would be the Birmingham one, so I'm confused that they don't have a CR stamp? It only costs a pound for it to be redone.

Also I have heard Steve say they always add gold so the shank being so thin is something I wouldn't accept Jacquelina.

I'm sure Rocks will want to know that acompany they are affiliated to and promote is letting their customers down. They are so good at customer service.

Hope you get this resolved, wishing you all get a happy outcome

Cleo

Jacquelina i cant understand your ring shank being so thin if it was sized to O as thats only one size I presume the ring was an n to start with they would not add gold for just one size because it should'nt make hardly any difference to the shank i would get back in touch with them if your worried about wearing it now

Latest posts

Back