Limits for items bought via the web question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

virginia10thk

Registered Shopper
Hi, me again

I decided to let both my paraiba rings go to get one with a better colour and so have waited with the presenters going on about us putting stuff into our baskets.

Anyway I tried to buy a paraiba ring at over £300 and got a message saying that items over £300 can't be bought on the web and that I have to ring them. Well of course being here in Italy I can't ring them on an 08 number so I am well miffed!!!

To top it off last night I think it was Caroline that said that a webby bought an item for £799, so what's the deal with the online limits?

I haven't bought anything as yet, but I when I do put things in my basket it says I have a total limit of £500, so how did someone else manage to put a £799 item in their basket on the web last night?

Does the limit increase after you have actually made a purchase?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I have just posted piccies of a pendant I had made last year with a paraiba stone and diamond that I bought and had set. It is my other thread about items in my basket that I wanted advice on.

I think it may change when your card is registered with them,someone will know.

It's only just occurred to me, reading that post, that you're able to access the website in Italy, whereas I'm sure other forum members were unable to access it last week because they weren't in the UK!

As an aside, I've just tried checking through the old posts to find out if I'm right or not, and couldn't easily spot the thread it would have been under, so I went in to my post history and it tells me I don't have permission to access that page!! Surely that can't be right!!!

Hi, the basket maximum value is £500 so don't know how somebody has put something in at a higher value, I've bought quite a few items and was told by customer services that it's a standard amount whether you have bought from them before or not

Hi, the basket maximum value is £500 so don't know how somebody has put something in at a higher value, I've bought quite a few items and was told by customer services that it's a standard amount whether you have bought from them before or not

Do you also have the limit for one item of £300 for online purchases?

The presenters are often saying to add something to your basket when the item price is well over £300, so I was wondering if this would change when I actually bought something or whether I will always be stuck with this limit.

A message comes up when you are near your basket maximum value of £500 to let you know to check out as you won't be able to add further purchases I was told by customer services that basket limit was fixed at £500 but you should be able to put in 1 item up that value or very near to that value so it should let you put in an item for £399 - hope this helps a little:1:

Hi Virginia

I've just rung CS and have been told that the maximum value anyone can have in their basket for web purchases is £499,
whether this is for a number of items or just the one. Apparently its to do with avoiding fraud.

I have to say, this is news to me!

Btw the reference earlier mentioned by Wickerman, I think was just due to a website loading problem Miss Magpie and others had.......no-one was out of the country it seems!

Hi Sacha

Thanks for doing that, it's really appreciated as I can't ring them myself to clarify things.

I don't suppose they said that the limit for one item is £300 did they as that is the message that I got when I had an empty basket and tried to put a paraiba ring in at just under £400?

I just assumed that with the limit being £500 that you could actually spend that amount on one item, but for me at least that doesn't seem to be the case.

Did you take a look at my paraiba pendant piccies in my other thread, and if so what did you think of my stone?

Hi again Virginia

To answer your last question first. I have taken a look at the pics you were kind enough to post and the pendant is indeed lovely. The PT looks saturated with colour and a very good colour too and the single diamond in the bale is a very nice feature. I hope you get lots of pleasure from wearing it. I wonder if a trilliant cut is possibly better for PT's with less chance of the windowing that we keep seeing in some oval and pear shaped cuts?

The CS lady did say, and she went off to check, was that just one item could be up to this value of £499, so I'm not sure why your bid was rejected. Have you tried pm'ing the Rock&Co helper before she finishes for the weekend?

I haven't pm'ed her, no, but I think I will then if that is what customer service have told you as I have tried twice to add something to my basket that was over £300 and on both occasions I haven't been able to.

I appreciate your comments on my paraiba pendant and even though I went for a very simple design I am very pleased with the final result.

The trilliant cut certainly seems to suit my paraiba stone as it is very sparkly (if that's the right word), and I think for the price it actually cost me in the end it was well worth the money. I am certain that I could never have afforded the same item on any of the shopping channels that sell paraiba and diamond pendants.

My paraiba is just over 4cts and VS1 quality and my diamond is a 10 point G colour also with VS1 clarity.

I haven't pm'ed her, no, but I think I will then if that is what customer service have told you as I have tried twice to add something to my basket that was over £300 and on both occasions I haven't been able to.

I appreciate your comments on my paraiba pendant and even though I went for a very simple design I am very pleased with the final result.

The trilliant cut certainly seems to suit my paraiba stone as it is very sparkly (if that's the right word), and I think for the price it actually cost me in the end it was well worth the money. I am certain that I could never have afforded the same item on any of the shopping channels that sell paraiba and diamond pendants.

My paraiba is just over 4cts and VS1 quality and my diamond is a 10 point G colour also with VS1 clarity.

wow.gif
and....

fabulous1.gif

Virginia - the limit for 1 item bought on the web via a tv auction or their online website is £299. That limit applies whether you've bought or not bought from Rocks and Co before. The total basket limit is £500.

Hope that helps.

Well there you go, its as someone has already said on here, that not all CS peeps are singing from the same hymn sheet!
Think they could be a tad more generous and up the limit a bit though. :33:

Hi Everyone:

Meeshoo you are correct. Apart from warnings when you approach the limits, this information is online at the bottom of each page under ‘Customer Service’, specifically ‘How Our Falling Auctions Work’ http://www.rocksandco.com/service/how-our-falling-auctions-work.asp.

Important bit: “While you can shop from our auctions either on the phone or our website, please note that auction items over £300 cannot be ordered online and that online purchases of auction items are limited to a total of £500 per shipment. Once you have checked out, you can keep purchasing auction items online until you again reach the £500 limit, at which time you will need to check out again. To order auction items over £300 please call 0845 481 0997”.

The reason for these limits is to protect us all from people hording items they have no intention of purchasing. Also, if you’re spending over £300 on a single item, I think it’s reasonable for us to want to talk to you.

Kind Regards,

Gav

That's understandable, Gav, so long as we know where we stand!

I do wish, though, that you could see 'phone orders online and combine them with web orders (like Gems TV), in order to pay two lots of P&P. I'm sure Rocks & Co are onto this as part of the systems overhall, but I thought had better mention it as I know Rocks & Co are reading this. Another improvement would be to be able to combine orders over a longer period, again to save on P&P. It's often happened to me that two separate Rocks & Co orders have arrived on the same day, and it's annoying to know that I've paid DHL twice!

Latest posts

Back