Upset, disappointed and decidedly MIFFED

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Having rambled on in a previous thread about how I was hoping for a blue fire opal in a setting I liked, I was thrilled to find this on the website – OK, so I was paying over the odds on the website, but I was willing to do so because it looked just perfect and exactly what I wanted:

http://www.rocksandco.com/Jewellery/ProductDetail.aspx?SKU=282 250

Having placed my order, I returned home from work each day in eager anticipation, waiting for my parcel to appear.

Unfortunately, it didn’t.

When two subsequent orders arrived but still no blue fire opal, I rang customer services to inquire about the state of my order, only to be told that “someone should have contacted me” because the item was out of stock! :17:

How could this have happened? The system shouldn’t allow two people to place an order for the same item if there’s only one!

I asked the customer services agent to keep my order open until after all the post-Christmas returns had been processed, in case the ring was returned, but she seemed rather confused and vague about it. I do hope that Rocks & Co will be able to give an assurance that the order WILL be kept open until the last possible date for a return has passed, and that the system bug that allowed this to happen is being fixed.

How annoying and disappointing for you MissM. Hopefully one of the Rocks&co peeps will read this and sort something out for you.

This must a very upsetting situation, hopefully someone fromRocks&co will be able to sort something similar as a replacement for you.

This must a very upsetting situation, hopefully someone fromRocks&co will be able to sort something similar as a replacement for you.

Well fingers crossed, but I don't have a lot of hope. It was that particular setting I loved, with the slight open space between the central stone and the surrounding diamonds.

Hi MissMagpie

I may be well off the mark here but I was of the impression that when a piece had sold out, the product detail page just shows empty, without any details, like this, for example:

http://www.rocksandco.com/Jewellery/ProductDetail.aspx?SKU=618 682

I have noticed this usually happens within 30 minutes of the auction close. So I'm surprised to see that the detail page is still available for your piece, IF they don't have any in stock.

Regards

WM

Last edited:
That is bang out of order MissM, and with such an amazing ring no wonder you're miffed. Or ****** blazing even.
I hope they can sort out this mess - sadly I seem to read more problems than solutions about Rocks&Co, it seems to be taking them a long time to sort out their issues.
Fingers crossed that they have something that will take the sting out of this disappointment for you.

Agree with all the above comments Miss M and Rocks shouldn't have taken your order if the item was out of stock and seeing that they did, someone should have contacted you, out of necessity as well as courtesy.

The other thought I had was a bit of speculation really........bearing in mind your earlier thread on this Blue Fire Opal and who knows how many of the viewing public read these threads.......that another interested party was alerted and snaffled it from under you??

It was a lovely ring and hopefully Gavin can find you a suitable alternative.

The other thought I had was a bit of speculation really........bearing in mind your earlier thread on this Blue Fire Opal and who knows how many of the viewing public read these threads.......that another interested party was alerted and snaffled it from under you??

If so, perhaps the interested party will read this and decide to return it?

Oh sorry MissMagpie that you are having problems with getting the ring you wanted (I too have experience quite a few problems infact I placed an order for a bracelet on the web also then stock was removed from basket because they over allocated stock and sold it to someone else after my purchase) hope you get some luck and it all works out for you x I know how you feel it's so disappointing & annoying.

I've had this happen to me too.

Unfortunately RocksandCo are using systems that are not cut out for the job and therefore items can be over-sold. They've identified this very quickly and I believe they're in the process of changing over systems. This won't happen until the New Year.

I really wouldn't think that their systems are capable of keeping orders open at this point Miss M and it might just be worth phoning every day to see if a return has come back. It'll be a pain but I think might be the best way to ensure you get the ring.

Good luck.

I've had this happen to me too.

Unfortunately RocksandCo are using systems that are not cut out for the job and therefore items can be over-sold. They've identified this very quickly and I believe they're in the process of changing over systems. This won't happen until the New Year.

I really wouldn't think that their systems are capable of keeping orders open at this point Miss M and it might just be worth phoning every day to see if a return has come back. It'll be a pain but I think might be the best way to ensure you get the ring.

Good luck.

That's a good idea, Meesh - believe it or not, I hadn't thought of that!
They did imply that the order could be kept open, but I'm not sure I believed them...

Latest posts

Back